You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CremeFraiche1

Thunder is idiot proof, so glad that abomination is being removed.

29 comments in this topic

Members
37 posts
987 battles

This is coming from a carrier player, who knows what overpowered means. (That's why I play carriers). 

Recently, I've been playing DD's and they are so much more rewarding to play, you actually have to think. 

Anyway, here comes the rant...

Did I take a ton of damage, here, let me print a new ship.

Are you using your armor effectively? That's fine, doesn't bother me.

Are you super far away? Don't worry, I'm even more accurate than before.

After this things removal, I hope I see it less and less as time goes on, just like what happened to Smolensk.

Edited by CremeFraiche1
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 7
  • Meh 4

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,737 posts
26,285 battles

It wasnt as much of an issue before they announced its removal. Once everyone started grabbing her it's now an issue. It's very annoying how they do this stuff.

[G0ATS]
Members
539 posts
10,592 battles

It will not be removed from the game, they will only remove the possibility to buy it.

Sorry for the bad news.

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

Well, it won't be exactly removed. Just announced that it won't be available for purchase several months from the announcement so everyone has plenty of time to collect resources and buy a Thunderer instead of any other ship they actually wanted, making the problem worse by tenfold. Then, don't be surprised if it comes back in a black camouflage.

• Cool 1

[ALL41]
Beta Testers
2,409 posts
10,655 battles
15 minutes ago, CremeFraiche1 said:

This is coming from a carrier player, who knows what overpowered means. (That's why I play carriers). 

Recently, I've been playing DD's and they are so much more rewarding to play, you actually have to think. 

After this things removal, I hope I see it less and less as time goes on, just like what happened to Smolensk.

Thunderer is not really that OP .. yes, it does high HE damage but then again, all brit BB's do that and Conqueror performs just as well in HE pain delivery. 

I play my thunderer only to make soviet ships cry given HE doesn't care about their bias advantages. Aside from that, anytime I play cruiser or yamato or vermont I'm really glad to see red thunderers because I know how to citadel them from any range and from almost any angle...and it does not have the super-brit repair so they are easy to take out in comparison. 

Range and accuracy are good in it but its not stellar... I mean, it doesn't suddenly gain pixel-accuracy like soviet ships do at X range. Case in point, you can run a conqueror and lob HE from max range and you will still do just as much damage and fires as a thunderer would...its just thunderer has more range overall. 

The only thing I would consider 'unfair' about thunderer is the silly shorter time to go back into stealth thing. Due to netlag and some remaining spotting mechanics issues you run into situations where a thunderer fires at you and isnt drawn on your client for a few seconds..and then you end up with even less time to line up your return fire shot. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[WKY04]
Members
3,884 posts
25,000 battles
22 minutes ago, CremeFraiche1 said:

You state that carriers as a class are overpowered, and yet you celebrate the removal of a single ship of another type. 

But you are fine with carriers as they presently exist. The irony; I can taste it. 

Edited by Pugilistic
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
1,071 posts

Good lord, I can't make this ship work for me.  I don't care much for BBs in the first place, but I don't get what all  the hoopla is over this ship.

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
239 posts
13,802 battles

clan mate took the conqueror, i took the thunderer, we both got witherer with it in the same round..

[CDOH]
Members
792 posts
8,265 battles
15 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

You state that carriers as a class are overpowered, and yet you celebrate the removal of a single ship of another type. 

But you are fine with carriers as they presently exist. The irony; I can taste it. 

he never said he was fine with it.  He just stated he plays them cause they are op.  I play thunderer and i know its OP, bad for the game.  I would love to see it removed completely from the game.  I wouldn't even ask for my coal back.

• Meh 1

[WKY04]
Members
3,884 posts
25,000 battles
1 minute ago, Rothgar_57 said:

he never said he was fine with it.  He just stated he plays them cause they are op.  I play thunderer and i know its OP, bad for the game.  I would love to see it removed completely from the game.  I wouldn't even ask for my coal back.

If you want one removed because it is OP, why not the other? Its a glaring inconsistency. 

[CDOH]
Members
792 posts
8,265 battles
4 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

If you want one removed because it is OP, why not the other? Its a glaring inconsistency. 

He was not addressing Carriers. 

[WKY04]
Members
3,884 posts
25,000 battles
Just now, Rothgar_57 said:

He was not addressing Carriers. 

And in so doing, he was ignoring the 800-pound gorilla in the room. As I said, irony. Towering, magisterial irony.  

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3

[KWF]
Members
5,832 posts
7,025 battles

Simply put, either give a BB good HE, or good AP. Don't do both and add on top some Warspite magic.

Won't even comment on how bad the HE is not that much due to the damage or fire chance, but by how much stuff a single salvo breaks, making you easy meat for CVs.

Edited by warheart1992

[A-I-M]
Members
3,880 posts
14,916 battles
44 minutes ago, Pugilistic said:

The irony; I can taste it. 

It’s been out on the countertop a bit too long, starting to smell a bit more like hypocrisy.

Edited by MannyD_of_The_Sea

[CO-OP]
Members
2,098 posts
27,660 battles

There seems to be quite a few players around just now who are trying their best to disprove Thunderer's idiot proof reputation.

• Haha 1

[HINON]
Members
14,015 posts
1 hour ago, CremeFraiche1 said:

Thunderer doesnt print a new ship. Conq does.

[XXX]
Members
659 posts
1,625 battles
3 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Thunderer doesnt print a new ship. Conq does.

Yup Thunderer gets the Warspite heal, not the tier 9 and 10 superheal the regular RN get. It's more comparable to the heal the USN BBs (the fast ones, not the slow ones) get.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,816 posts
1 hour ago, CremeFraiche1 said:

Slava laughs in Slava.

[A-I-M]
Members
3,880 posts
14,916 battles
41 minutes ago, Efros said:

There seems to be quite a few players around just now who are trying their best to disprove Thunderer's idiot proof reputation.

Well, you know what they say: Just when you think you’ve made something idiot-proof, someone comes along and invents a better idiot.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,614 posts

The term idiot proof in trucking amuses me to no end. All the computers and networking inside a tractor when some thing breaks it's just as dead as a old iron without batteries. (Runs the fuel pump... among other things)

Don't worry someone will manage to break it at some point.

All it really did was pull forward a future purchasing of the Thunderer in some way or form. I got mine for coal. It only cost the time to accumulate that much minus the coupon difference. The ship can still be sunk rather easily like all other ships in the game. All problems are resolved by the eventual application of sufficient firepower.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,207 posts
14,151 battles

It's absolutely amazing how many people will try to defend Thunderer despite it being egregiously overpowered.  In the history of Tier 10 ships I don't think I have seen a ship more overpowered as Thunderer, maybe original on release Stalingrad could compete but that thing lasted for about two weeks before being indirectly nerfed with removal of BB AP and fire duration nerf from 45->60 seconds.  The thing with Thunderer is that unlike Conqueror which is mostly relegated to the realm of pure damage farming, Thunderer can actually have impact by using its incredibly good AP on top of being better than Conqueror for damage farming if you know how to aim and stack fires properly.  Hell even on release Kremlin or Venezia wasn't as stupid as Thunderer is now.  I'm also fairly certain Thunderer basically got an indirect buff from the captain rework due to deadeye and its already absurd concealment.  I'd even argue it's better than Franklin D. Roosevelt or Midway when it comes to farming damage, at least those two have to take longer than 30 seconds to reach their target usually, and FDR has to wait 25 to attack again.  Not to mention Thunderer can kill most cruisers with ease.

Forget Petropavlovsk, Stalingrad, Kremlin, any supposedly overpowered Russian ship people whine about at Tier 10.  Forget carriers too.  Thunderer takes the cake and gobbles it whole.

Edited by ValkyrWarframe

[WOLFG]
Members
11,844 posts
10,997 battles
1 hour ago, xHeavy said:

The term idiot proof in trucking amuses me to no end.

It is more amusing (and probably more dangerous) in engineering.

Someone, somewhere is out there improving idiots.

[HELLS]
Members
2,802 posts
30,590 battles
3 hours ago, CremeFraiche1 said:

You won't. Us Thunderers will make sure of that!