You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DocWalker

Atlanta - Goodbye Ole Friend

10 comments in this topic

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

At least I wasn't last on the team ... which is a sad statement about the state of the game, even in CoOp.  Getting out the Moth Balls for now ...

AtlantaPostRebork.jpg

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles

With all theses improved changes it sure isn't fun playing many types of ship class's . Well at least I'm saving a bit of money not playing much anymore like I use to.  I don't even care much about the coming of Italian Battleships .I feel like they are all the same except for the price of new ones....................

• Cool 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1

[VORTX]
Members
585 posts
7,691 battles

Atlanta’s DPM is so low it rarely works for me in coop. It’s just over too fast. I got a couple 100k plus games recently but those are tough. Literally holding down the clicker for 10 minutes 🤣 To be fair to the rework, it’s been like that forever. Last time Atlanta really shined for me was the tier 7 ranked. 

[GWG]
Members
7,398 posts
14,187 battles

But how does it work in Narai???

Members
348 posts
5,730 battles

Atlanta is a lot better now with the captain rework. Free AFT frees up another 4 points to throw into the new HE shell skill that boosts alpha and also concealment. She's still good!

[BOMBL]
Members
1,220 posts
15,749 battles

Atlanta is my coop queen. When I need 500 or less base xp to complete a daily mission I take Atlanta out. Yeah sometimes I get a bad damage game but I rack up 100k coop games a lot. BBs love those torps

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

Well, maybe I was just having bad luck not being able to reach enough red ships ... I was stuck on C cap for quite a while while most Reds were running away. 

Maybe I should have another try ... and you're right about the range and saving 4 points on AFT ... we definitely need them now.  At least she didn't get hosed on range like Flint ... that one hasn't been out of port and probably won't be. 

Narai?  Wouldn't know ... I pretty much got so bored with Operations, I stopped playing them.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,865 posts
25,782 battles

Munchen is better.  Super high pen (38mm HE Pen out of the box), better armor, faster, even stealthier, far superior range, and fires just as fast as Atlanta.

Munchen is better at being a USN CL than most USN CLs.

This was so before the Skill Rebork, and this is still true afterwards.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[FOXY]
Members
1,484 posts
6,667 battles
On 1/31/2021 at 4:15 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Munchen is better.  Super high pen (38mm HE Pen out of the box), better armor, faster, even stealthier, far superior range, and fires just as fast as Atlanta.

Munchen is better at being a USN CL than most USN CLs.

This was so before the Skill Rebork, and this is still true afterwards.

I like em both, but ill chose Atlanta over Munchen if i want to have more fun. Further Atlantas torpedoes are deadlier now which is glorious given how close the combat gives. Love me some munchen, but until i get my new mouse shes parked :(

[ARGSY]
Members
23,388 posts
17,330 battles

My Atlanta is in mothballs because I'm finding the Flint to be better in PvE. Get in close, pop smoke, hose everything down with HE and use torpedoes if it gets too close.

I can understand the grievances of the Randoms players, but Co-op? Really? In the Atlanta class, if you're further away than 11km in Co-op then you're too far away. 

On 1/31/2021 at 12:35 PM, DocWalker said:

At least I wasn't last on the team ... which is a sad statement about the state of the game, even in CoOp.  Getting out the Moth Balls for now ...

AtlantaPostRebork.jpg

If I came back with a result like that, I'd hope it was because 

a) I had to go AFK/got disconnected, OR

b) I had a cr*p spawn at the back of the map or got the side the bots didn't lemming to, was bottom tier, and the T9 ships cleared out the buffet (e.g. multiple Benhams).

Otherwise I'd be feeling very disappointed with myself.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu