You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

? About use flags to grind XP, FXP, CFXP

18 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,776 posts

Using the hard to get flags (special) flags and the special camo are hard to come by so using them in the right spot is important.

Does it really matter what tier you use them on?

I had a Dallas game, was number 1 on the team and got 19k XP and 18k FXP.  

Would that have been higher on a T10 or T8 game?  Or is it all about your score in the match no matter the tier?

[VOP]
Members
961 posts
10 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Using the hard to get flags (special) flags and the special camo are hard to come by so using them in the right spot is important.

Would that have been higher on a T10 or T8 game?  Or is it all about your score in the match no matter the tier?

I use them on specific ships when I need something done, either advancing a particular ship, use in operations, or fulfilling a particular campaign or event goal.

[WPORT]
Members
8,141 posts
13,187 battles
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

I use the "special" signal-flags to train Commanders and/or shorten the research grinds of a tech-tree ship.

I've used them on Tier-4 CV Hosho, with Marine Houshou as the Captain, in random battles.

But, to be more serious about your question, it depends upon your goal or objective.
If you just want the maximum potential, then you're going to have to play a high-tier ship in a random battle or a mid-tier ship in a scenario operation.
Both situations offer the chance of a longer battle with more targets to score damage upon and objectives to achieve towards earning credits & XP/CXP/FXP.

It doesn't hurt to stack the signal flags with the economic flags (available for coal in the Armory or for cash in the Premium shop), and special camouflages that offer the bonuses you're looking for (100% bonus to Commander XP, for example).

It is not unheard of to earn 10,000+ Commander XP in a battle, if the player has done well (and gotten a bit lucky with matchmaking?).
You'll be able to see the effects of the signal flags in the post battle results, specifically the Credits & XP screen.

Spoiler

shot-20_10.18_21_20.22-0419.thumb.jpg.ae03cb707c34d6fdc43fb3e09b8fb638.jpg

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles

Using them a lot less since I'm playing a lot less .......................................

• Boring 1

[TSF]
Members
418 posts
14,297 battles

If you want to maximize ROI on dragon flags and special camos, the answer is Clan Brawls/Battles. No question. Its not even close.

Base experience is a fixed amount in clan brawls/battles. 2500 win: 250 loss.

Assuming a 50% win rate, that is an average base exp of 1375. Go check your global average base exp in co-op, randoms, and ranked, I assure you it won't be higher than 1375.

If you REALLY want to min/max, then stack +400% exp camo, all dragon and econ flags, on a purchased premium ship with a 30 day 200% exp bonus, and play Clan brawl/battles on a 200% first win exp weekend. 

I can hit 70,000+ Elite CXP per win with this set up on a 50% first win day, closer to 90,000 on a 200% weekend. 

[TSF]
Members
418 posts
14,297 battles
36 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It is not unheard of to earn 10,000+ Commander XP in a battle

Closer to 10 times that. 

[WPORT]
Members
8,141 posts
13,187 battles
1 hour ago, Litigo_1970 said:

Closer to 10 times that. 

And you're welcome to provide a screen-shot to prove you can lead by example.
I just didn't want to over-inflate my own abilities or claims.  :-)

[WPORT]
Members
8,141 posts
13,187 battles
1 hour ago, Litigo_1970 said:

If you want to maximize ROI on dragon flags and special camos, the answer is Clan Brawls/Battles. No question. Its not even close.

Base experience is a fixed amount in clan brawls/battles. 2500 win: 250 loss.

Assuming a 50% win rate, that is an average base exp of 1375. Go check your global average base exp in co-op, randoms, and ranked, I assure you it won't be higher than 1375.

If you REALLY want to min/max, then stack +400% exp camo, all dragon and econ flags, on a purchased premium ship with a 30 day 200% exp bonus, and play Clan brawl/battles on a 200% first win exp weekend. 

I can hit 70,000+ Elite CXP per win with this set up on a 50% first win day, closer to 90,000 on a 200% weekend. 

Thanks for sharing that.  Since I haven't done clan brawls, the closest I've come to that is playing in ranked battles.
Good to see the numbers laid-out on the proverbial table.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,729 posts
26,203 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

In randoms I would run them on Tier 8 or 9 ships that you perform well in. Being that you get more experience rewarded for damaging ships above your own ships tier, you would probably see the most benefit. 

• Cool 1

[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
477 posts
20,732 battles
2 minutes ago, Skuggsja said:

In randoms I would run them on Tier 8 or 9 ships that you perform well in. Being that you get more experience rewarded for damaging ships above your own ships tier, you would probably see the most benefit. 

I was just going to suggest using them on a ship in a fail div where you are the lower tier, guaranteed to face higher tier ships. 

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,729 posts
26,203 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Kartoffel said:

I was just going to suggest using them on a ship in a fail div where you are the lower tier, guaranteed to face higher tier ships. 

I'm not sure about a fail division being the best idea but playing at 8 or 9 will most likely see 9 and 10 mm.

[TSF]
Members
418 posts
14,297 battles
1 hour ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

And you're welcome to provide a screen-shot to prove you can lead by example.

Screenshot (294).jpg

[SGSS]
Members
5,776 posts
1 hour ago, Skuggsja said:

Makes sents

I am just trying t I regrind lines for RB.  Only Ohio for now seam interesting but I am sure something else is coming.

[WPORT]
Members
8,141 posts
13,187 battles
5 minutes ago, Litigo_1970 said:

Screenshot (294).jpg

Well done.  Thanks for sharing.  :cap_like:

[WOLFG]
Members
32,334 posts
10,021 battles
7 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Higher-tier ships are generally better, because you do more damage.

Ideally, you'd use a T8, and beat up on T10 DDs, but unless you're really good, and get (un)lucky with MM, so you're always bottom tier in a T10 match, just going with the highest-tier ship you're comfortable playing is going to be your best bet.

[SGSS]
Members
5,776 posts
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Higher-tier ships are generally better, because you do more damage.

Ideally, you'd use a T8, and beat up on T10 DDs, but unless you're really good, and get (un)lucky with MM, so you're always bottom tier in a T10 match, just going with the highest-tier ship you're comfortable playing is going to be your best bet.

Thanks!

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,792 battles
8 hours ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

It is not unheard of to earn 10,000+ Commander XP in a battle, if the player has done well (and gotten a bit lucky with matchmaking?)

I've been averaging 30,000 CXP in Scenarios this last week. But that's with good camos, all the econ flags, and all the Drakonics.