You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
cgbosn4

New Russian T5 Premium Destroyer!

21 comments in this topic

[USCG]
Members
752 posts
22,857 battles

The Gremyashchy!!

The Gremy has always been one of my favorite DDs in the game.  She's the complete package but has never had great turret traverse like some other Russian DDs.  Well, I was thrilled when the new captain skills came out because I'd be able to drop my Russian Super Captain Viktor Znamesky on her with 21 points!  My Gremy is already outfitted with main battery modification #2 (+15%) to turret traverse and with Viktor's additional super "Grease the Gears (+20%) I'd thought I'd be zipping my turrets around at warp speed!!

Well, that didn't happen... Things have gotten worse and now my Gremy's 180 degree traverse is a whopping 26.1 seconds!  Don't remember what it was under the old captain skill improvement but this is considerably slower than before.  Heck, when I drop Viktor on my Moskva I get a 180 degree of 23.7 sec and my Lenin is 24.0 sec!  Something about a T5 DD with 26.1 second 180 degree traverse with all skills applies just isn't right...IMO.

For the most part I'm on the fence with these captain skill changes.  This one change for me has been a real bitter pill to swallow and I just wish they'd go back to the formula for the old captain skill rather based on gun size rather than a one-size-all approach.  Seems like the Gremy isn't the only premium ship that's been nerfed by these changes and I think WGing needs to tweek a few things to at least put thing to a level they were before the change.

Just my $0.10...

image.thumb.png.66db4aa8ad45fe9cacfcc375ab5b9780.png

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
3,458 posts
19,147 battles

Yes, the DD turret traverse skill punishes the DDs that start out with slow traverse.  Those with fast traverse are buffed immensely.  As if they need it.

• Cool 1

[KEGEL]
Members
286 posts
13,147 battles
4 minutes ago, ThisIsClassic said:

Yes, the DD turret traverse skill punishes the DDs that start out with slow traverse.  Those with fast traverse are buffed immensely.  As if they need it.

The switch from a flat 1-1.25°/per second (small calibre) to % based was a bit bone-headed.

It's WG...where all the best decisions are reached towards the bottom of a can of avgas.., cough, I mean vodka.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles

One of many reasons I'm playing a lot less . Losing interest fast. Soon I may just drop it like I did to WOTs and WOPs......................... 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[EQRN]
Members
2,209 posts
19,829 battles

Do the devs *play* their own game?  This is one of the strongest cases for "no".  Never mind the RU premium DDs, the nerf to glacial turret-traverse BBs plus deadeye moots any notion of moving much further than spawn :cap_old:

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,844 posts
4,285 battles
49 minutes ago, ThisIsClassic said:

I really don't understand this change. Why would you buff high traverse ships more? They don't need it:Smile_amazed:

I wonder if there was some mix up between traverse rate and rotation time. High traverse rate gives you low rotation time. EM buffed traverse rate, but the easiest way to see it is in the rotation time. I wonder if someone proposed this thinking it applied to rotation time (where it makes sense, buff longer rotation times more) but it got applied as EM did, to traverse speed (which is the actual number that matters). That seems like something that should have been caught, but aside from WG not realizing the implications of the new way of working it's the only thing I can think of. I don't know why they had to change EM anyway, it worked perfectly fine before. If it is intentional to buff fast turning guns more I'd like to see an explanation why.

• Cool 3

[INTEL]
Members
3,458 posts
19,147 battles
5 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

I really don't understand this change. Why would you buff high traverse ships more? They don't need it:Smile_amazed:

I wonder if there was some mix up between traverse rate and rotation time. High traverse rate gives you low rotation time. EM buffed traverse rate, but the easiest way to see it is in the rotation time. I wonder if someone proposed this thinking it applied to rotation time (where it makes sense, buff longer rotation times more) but it got applied as EM did, to traverse speed (which is the actual number that matters). That seems like something that should have been caught, but aside from WG not realizing the implications of the new way of working it's the only thing I can think of. I don't know why they had to change EM anyway, it worked perfectly fine before. If it is intentional to buff fast turning guns more I'd like to see an explanation why.

It's either a mistake or a deliberate nerf intended to hit a number of ships.

I hope they fix it...

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles

hi folks,

I will forward this to upper management, to include to their report weekly to game developers.

regards,

• Funny 1

[JHF]
[JHF]
Members
298 posts
5,078 battles
6 hours ago, Tachnechdorus said:

One of many reasons I'm playing a lot less . Losing interest fast. Soon I may just drop it like I did to WOTs and WOPs......................... 

WOT isn't too bad right now. I tend to rebound to the other when one gets bad. 

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles

I have over 250 tanks there all collecting dust.............................No interest to return .................... 

[DOTM]
Beta Testers
2,028 posts
14,044 battles
2 hours ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

hi folks,

I will forward this to upper management, to include to their report weekly to game developers.

regards,

And it will probably end up in the paper shredder alongside all the other player feedback WG doesn't want to hear.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,377 posts
17,039 battles
7 minutes ago, Zaydin said:

And it will probably end up in the paper shredder alongside all the other player feedback WG doesn't want to hear.

Take your negative some where else please.

1 - You don't work at WG, you cant confirmed your statement.

2- You don't work with Hapa, you do not know what he had to do weekly. BUT volunteer moderators DO, we know Hapa and Kalvothe had to make reports weekly to game developer.

3 - You don't know how to system work, but just "assuming"; Well your assumption is WRONG - I don't have the GREM, but I have been spending every year to get HER from the Santa crate. You don't know how much favourite I am every time I played her from the event account; You don't know how well I am played her - At every event like this since the 2nd Captain Corgi, I am the first/best player on her, 1st to get Kracken and top dam. You don't know how effects this had to all players who played the Grem, to me from personal view.

4 - Even so, don't troll and starting/inciting another unrest, if there are problem and concern about game contents, it OUR job to bring to the game developers' attention.

@Hapa_Fodder

regards, 

• Funny 1

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles
On 1/31/2021 at 5:39 PM, wooserloop said:

WOT isn't too bad right now. I tend to rebound to the other when one gets bad. 

Nah I had enough of this , I have over 250 tanks collecting dust there and 200 planes collecting dust also . I've tried a few other games out in the market and the one that got my interest is a game called Rise of Kingdoms which I'm playing on my table top PC and all I can say is Wow I'm hooked . I come here to the forum just out of habit here soon I'll break that off too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 

Members
400 posts
26 battles
On 1/31/2021 at 4:59 PM, AJTP89 said:

My best explanation for the change is that Grease the Gears "+20% to traverse speed" far easier to read for a new player than the old Expert Marksman description. Even if the exact consequences aren't.

But yes, as someone who has been a bit obsessive about the exact effect on battleships (actually I think it buffs quite a lot of them, just the wrong ones), making it a fixed % reduction to rotation time is a good idea.

Actually the best alternative skill rework suggestion I've seen. a -19% reduction would I think give Yamato the same benefit as the old EM, Although likewise I think Kremlin would get more of a buff.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,545 posts
22,341 battles
On 1/31/2021 at 5:21 PM, ObiphanKenobi said:

hi folks,

regards,

Thanks,

Gremy is already a tough ship to play with the traverse speed it has.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
979 battles
3 hours ago, Tachnechdorus said:

Nah I had enough of this , I have over 250 tanks collecting dust there and 200 planes collecting dust also . I've tried a few other games out in the market and the one that got my interest is a game called Rise of Kingdoms which I'm playing on my table top PC and all I can say is Wow I'm hooked . I come here to the forum just out of habit here soon I'll break that off too,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, 

200 planes. Not impressive. One guy I know has 300.

[WKY04]
Members
3,880 posts
24,924 battles
2 minutes ago, barbaroja_Ar said:

Thanks,

Gremy is already a tough ship to play with the traverse speed it has.

On 1/31/2021 at 3:21 PM, ObiphanKenobi said:

hi folks,

regards,

Even with an Ovechkin captain (+20% to traverse instead of the base 15%), Grease the Gears, and turret rotation mod, it out-turns its rotation even in brief turns at speed. 

Changing this skill was proportionately a detriment to to the ships that need it most. 

[PHD]
Members
277 posts
8,729 battles
On 1/31/2021 at 10:32 AM, Tachnechdorus said:

WOP... is that World of Poops?

[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,697 posts
10,130 battles
On 1/31/2021 at 11:03 AM, ThisIsClassic said:

Yet another thing that WG has messed up with for not reason. What the heck was wrong with the old Expert Marksmen? Nobody thought it was an OP skill, and nobody suggested that ships with slow turning turrets needed to have their turning rate nerfed some more (which, by the way, is another factor that pushes BB players in such ships in the direction of the back-line meta). And yet they leave Concealment Expert, one of the most popular and mandatory of all skills, completely unchanged.

I understand that the devs and their management may not play their own game. But how far to the left of the Dunning-Kruger curve do they need to be, in order to not realize that they have no idea how to balance the game, and that they should try listening to the players?

• Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,290 posts
26,945 battles
On 2/9/2021 at 3:56 PM, WM1957 said:

WOP... is that World of Poops?

You don't know what you are talking about

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
684 posts
8,030 battles

If you don't have a special commander with buffed GG, your Gremy went from 24 second traverse before the patch to 31 seconds after it.