You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
gun_ho

how do some ships have super power

48 comments in this topic

[BARON]
Members
18 posts
8,231 battles

The forms say that cheating dose not happen here in wow but I have seen BBs out turn and run down DDs more that a few times A DD with a 3.7 detection in open water and just now a DD with a 30 second or less torp reload. and the pin point shots when not detected from long distances happens almost every game. I get it sometimes a lucky shot or torp will get you but how much luck can there be? I do not want to call anyone a cheater but I feel that many have a super ability not offered to the rest of us. kixeye did not stop hacking and now how many play their games?

• Haha 2

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,746 posts
12,386 battles

Some battleships are faster than destroyers, and some definitely have competitive turn angles.

Do you have replay of a 3.7 detection DD?

Some destroyers can load their torpedoes in 8 seconds, and depending on the tier, some can get 30 second reloads.

[WPORT]
Members
7,854 posts
12,937 battles
31 minutes ago, gun_ho said:

The forms say that cheating dose not happen here in wow but I have seen BBs out turn and run down DDs more that a few times A DD with a 3.7 detection in open water and just now a DD with a 30 second or less torp reload. and the pin point shots when not detected from long distances happens almost every game. I get it sometimes a lucky shot or torp will get you but how much luck can there be? I do not want to call anyone a cheater but I feel that many have a super ability not offered to the rest of us. kixeye did not stop hacking and now how many play their games?

Do you have a replay available?

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,443 posts
13,111 battles
4 hours ago, gun_ho said:

I won't say cheating doesn't happen, but I'm going to guess that anything that's done server side is pretty safe from it, as that would require hacking WG.

Client side cheats like aimbots can't actually do anything that a skilled player can't do better, so from your point of view, it's highly unlikely that you will ever detect them. It does happen, WG tries to police it, take it for what it is.

Now, knowing what ships can and cannot do is important. Many years ago, I had my Kongo in a tier 7 game, and was running with a couple cruisers. I had a speed flag equipped, and the friendly cruisers were shocked that I was keeping up with them running down a flank. The red cruisers were also probably surprised when a pair of Clevelands (back when it was tier 6) popped up with a battleship in tow. Ships with torp reload boosters, and offside torps can appear to have, or actually have really fast reloads. That and there's a few DD's that just plain have really fast reloads. Mutsu if I remember correctly, can fire torpedoes faster than her main guns, the arcs suck but she can do it.

Situational awareness is also big, one of the most frequent mistakes when dealing with torps is knowing who launched them.  Just because you don't see another ship, doesn't mean the DD you know about is the ship that launched them. This goes with ships with torps on both sides instead of centerline mounted torps. Unless you know that ship was facing the same direction the whole time, it's safe to assume that the ship could have made a series of turns and fired the offside torps at some point.

Lastly, there's player skill and experience. You can make a battleship turn mighty tightly once, then you're moving slowly. If that turn is what allowed the BB to outmaneuver a DD, survive and get the kill, then it doesn't matter if the battleship lost most of it's speed doing it. Some players have played the same maps often enough, that they know that at a certain time, somebody will probably be coming out behind a certain island, and they'll fire off a salvo. Doesn't work often, but once in a while some ship that that has never been spotted gets hammered. 

Edited by SgtBeltfed
  • Cool 1

[VORTX]
Members
573 posts
7,497 battles

Are you playing coop? Bots cheat. Wether WG will cop to it or not. They have Ai super powers for sure. 

Cheats in randoms have been documented and you may find info on the forums if they haven’t been deleted by mods, but it’s mostly aim bot. It’s not common and in most cases is likely that you mistaking cheats for good players. Cheats like you’re describing are more like Ai cheats. Programming built in to keep them competitive. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Pirate_Named_Sue
  • Cool 2

Members
839 posts

i play a tiex x bb and i have run down a few dds ....especially when they get incapacitated ... or pop smoke and sit in it...have taken shots right after they disappear and gotten hits or kills depends on their hp...but long range kills on a dd doesnt  happen much for me..and if it does they are 1 shell from being deleted anyways and i made a really nice shot or they ran right under my shells ....

but i would also like to see the video of the ship who can delete dds from 30 km out,,,,maybe i can learn a new way..

i cant even remember deleting a dd from that far not sure if i ever have..

waiting eagerly for the video     

[CO-OP]
Members
2,683 posts
27,873 battles
10 hours ago, gun_ho said:

They could be calculating your heading from previous sighting and firing in that direction.  RPF is also a possibilty.

Replay would be helpful.

[BARON]
Members
18 posts
8,231 battles

Thanks for the replies they are all possibilities  and as a computer cave man I have no replays it just seams strange at some of the things that happen  

[KOBK]
Members
388 posts
4,952 battles

Try to get at least some screenshots (like, try to do 4 or 5 so its close to a short video). Witouth further evidence, its hard to explain what happened or if it is a hack

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,746 posts
12,386 battles
19 minutes ago, gun_ho said:

Thanks for the replies they are all possibilities  and as a computer cave man I have no replays it just seams strange at some of the things that happen  

Replays are automatically enabled, your last 30 should be automatically saved.

Should be in the install directory, underneath replays. You can drag and drop them into the forum and we can view them.

image.thumb.png.44fce39d8ae5b1a6cf04addfe7bfc038.png

Edited by Compassghost

[BARON]
Members
18 posts
8,231 battles

ok it was over 30 games ago but I will try it next time something weird happens. had no idea this was around thanks for the heads up 

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
On 1/31/2021 at 9:07 AM, gun_ho said:

A DD with a 3.7 detection in open water and

Where do you find that?  The lowest I know of is 4.7 with Concealment 4-point skill.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,308 posts

I tend to sometimes shoot on a DD that is on the battle map. Big triangle. If it stays in that spot like in smoke... well... bingo!

I don't worry about who is trying to run software to cheat online, been dealing with that for 15 years now (Punkbuster etc) I simply don't worry about it.

I ran into a Petro one time in Ranked before 10.0 and was trying to get past him on concealment and every large course change I did apparently moved his RDF enough to tell him to change course to catch me near his wall in the back of the map. I finally drive to the middle and put his RDF on another Teammate then circled around to stalk again. In the end I had to shoot at 14Km with the gearing torps. and one hit.

Its tougher when some opponet knows what you are and generally what you are trying to do whatever it is and it becomes a mini game of itself.

[ARGSY]
Members
23,040 posts
17,042 battles
On 2/1/2021 at 1:12 AM, Compassghost said:

Replays are automatically enabled, your last 30 should be automatically saved.

Should be in the install directory, underneath replays. You can drag and drop them into the forum and we can view them.

image.thumb.png.44fce39d8ae5b1a6cf04addfe7bfc038.png

Notice carefully the red blanks. Those are the test ships we're not supposed to know exist yet. :cap_look:

8 hours ago, Kesh_Lives said:

Where do you find that?  The lowest I know of is 4.7 with Concealment 4-point skill.

I thought the lowest was 5.4 (Kagero-class). What has 4.7?

Either way, I think the OP is not being entirely honest with us.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[D-PN]
Members
684 posts
4,523 battles

15 hours ago, Kesh_Lives said:

There isn't one with that low of detection. He's either being hyperbolic or lying (guessing the former).

Edited by MajorEnglush

[O_O]
Members
6,961 posts
16,846 battles
On 1/31/2021 at 9:07 AM, gun_ho said:

12 hours ago, gun_ho said:

ok it was over 30 games ago but I will try it next time something weird happens. had no idea this was around thanks for the heads up

Does not compute.

• Funny 1

[-VT-]
Members
1,148 posts
28,399 battles
10 hours ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Common curse blame hackers when you see a great player.

Almost a common and bashing a player with a legit question on how something can happen. There Mr. "Pot"

• Meh 2

[ARGSY]
Members
23,040 posts
17,042 battles
4 minutes ago, vikingno2 said:

Almost a common and bashing a player with a legit question on how something can happen. There Mr. "Pot"

The OP isn't asking legit questions; he's making accusations. He's flinging "it" at the wall and seeing how much will stick in the minds of newer players who aren't knowledgeable enough to call him out.

• Cool 2

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
791 battles
5 minutes ago, Ensign_Pulver_2016 said:

I want that 3.7 detection DD.  That will be fun. 

Me 2. FInally, a torpedo boat that actually hits torpedoes.

Members
491 posts
8,225 battles
2 hours ago, MajorEnglush said:

There isn't a DD in the game with that low of detection, so you're either being hyperbolic or lying. 

There isn't one with that low of detection. He's either being hyperbolic or lying (guessing the former).

Or he typo'd. Might have meant 5.7.  It did not seem like English was his first language either. That being said, it says he has over 7.3k battles, so it does seem a bit odd.

The lowest I can get a DD, that I am currently aware of, and with my current captains, is the Tachibana, down to 4.7. That is with it's normal premium camo and my 19pt Yugumo Captain in it  I think one of the lower tier Pan-Asian DD's can get to 5 give or take, I can't remember off the top of my head. He doesn't really specify what tiers he was playing when this transpired.

Edited by Valas1

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
23 minutes ago, Valas1 said:

Or he typo'd. Might have meant 5.7.  It did not seem like English was his first language either. That being said, it says he has over 7.3k battles, so it does seem a bit odd.

The lowest I can get a DD, that I am currently aware of, and with my current captains, is the Tachibana, down to 4.7. That is with it's normal premium camo and my 19pt Yugumo Captain in it  I think one of the lower tier Pan-Asian DD's can get to 5 give or take, I can't remember off the top of my head. He doesn't really specify what tiers he was playing when this transpired.

T2 Pan asain can get the same 4.7 and the T3  can get 5.0.

Thing is so those ranges aren't that crazy at T2 ,especially with all the bots around most engagements happen at below 6km