You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kensikora

Mass or wujing

23 comments in this topic

[DFTR]
Members
72 posts
1,869 battles

Hello, i am currently debating bettween getting the mass (which im told is being removed next patch) or the wujing but i can not decide which to go with. I know a secondary build on the mass is like a second on a tirpitz making it a good brawler but im not sure.

I mean the wujing is a pan-asian BB, the BB itself is like the french tier 9 (or so i read from what i was able to find). Both with cost me around $98 unless i buy the 30k in dabloons to get them both but im not sure if it is worth it to be honest.

Anyone have any opinion on either BB or which you would buy if you had to pick one

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
263 posts
4,247 battles

Mass is a solid offering. She has a good combination of speed, armour and firepower. Her Repair Party has a shortened reset timer IIRC,  so she can use her heals much more liberally in battle. Her guns can be a bit wonky, but when they hit they do tremendous damage. Her secondary battery enjoys absurdly good accuracy, but it lacks the Pen of the German brawlers. Mass is a good all around ship that would be a good selection for anyone, not just BB mains. 

Alsace is my favourite of the french BB's that I've played so far, albiet in a limited capacity. In an aggresive bow on position, she has the same firepower as Richleau, but she has the potential to unmask an additional 4 guns if safe to do so, tremendously increasing her firepower. Very good HE shells and high velocity, high pen AP means she has flexability in her damage potential, being a credible threat to most targets she faces. Bow on BB's will take significant damage from her 12 gun HE salvos which, coupled with a good fire chance, can seriously threaten most enemies. Turning broadside to Alsace when she is loaded with AP can be exceedingly dangerous. Her guns do have poor dispersion values, like all French BB's. She is also very agile with her Engine Boost consumable.

I very much like my Alsace and will probably be keeping her. The only Tech tree tier 9 BB I'll be keeping, most likely. Still, Mass is a very good ship and probably one of the safest purchases in game right now.

Edited by RonJamesDio

[LOSC]
Members
595 posts

Massachusetts is really a tier 9.

There is no question it is one of the greatest ships in this game ! ! ! 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Members
1,344 posts
10,352 battles
34 minutes ago, Halli_SPARTA said:

Massachusetts is really a tier 9.

There is no question it is one of the greatest ships in this game ! ! ! 

Interesting that you note this....I have always thought that the Massachusetts is as much a Tier VIII as the Musashi is a Tier IX....or the Konig Albert is a Tier III....

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,231 posts
12,069 battles

I think I would get the Mass before she leaves . Just in case she never comes back and becomes one those ships you wish you had got when you had a chance . 

[BNKR]
Members
1,653 posts
2,814 battles

Massachusetts is a must-have and will be gone soon. If they never bring Wujing back, you can grind up the French tech tree and play her for free. Not even a question, in my opinion. 

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
39 minutes ago, RagingxMarmoset said:

Massachusetts is a must-have and will be gone soon. If they never bring Wujing back, you can grind up the French tech tree and play her for free. Not even a question, in my opinion. 

^^^ This ... all day long

[BEA5T]
Members
521 posts
16,888 battles

Mass going away ?   Was not aware but then again that is what coming in here for info is about.  At least there are 2 versions out there...  Mass B   So being I thought it was awesome there was no hesitation on my part in getting "another one".  

As  its been pointed out the Wujing is a reskinned version of the Alsace ( tech tree ship) which is pretty good to have as well.   I think better to have the Alsace out in Tier X battles then the Republique as it it seems to have been neutered down to a shell of itself.  

[WPORT]
Members
7,763 posts
12,824 battles

I've never regretted visiting the USS Massachusetts, in person, and have never regretted welcoming her pixel version to my in-game Port.
https://www.battleshipcove.org/

Her secondary battery build has been a lot of fun for the past couple of years.
And her AA suite (when played by opponents) has consistently earned respect from my CV's and their pilots.
Her main-guns can damage or sink everything in her match-making bracket, provided the player does their part.

"Big Mamie" is a gud 'bote.

I'm glad I can sail her.

As for Wujing, the Alsace clone?
If you like the camo and want to populate the Pan-Asian squadron of your port and have the spare doubloons, then it's an opportunity for fun and there's no harm done.  
At Tier-9, and as a Premium Ship, she's going to have good earnings and training potential for Pan-Asian Commanders.
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Alsace
https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Wujing

Note:  with the recent Captain's skill "re-bork" of update 0.10.0, the wiki articles have become out-dated.

[DFTR]
Members
72 posts
1,869 battles

i guess i will buy the mass then :)......anyone have any opinion on the azuma..i got the azure lane commander for that japanese ship

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
524 posts
8,327 battles
10 minutes ago, Kensikora said:

i guess i will buy the mass then :)......anyone have any opinion on the azuma..i got the azure lane commander for that japanese ship

Add another vote for Mass.

As to Azuma, the better version of this ship is available for coal as Yoshino. If you're close and you like IJN cruisers, I'd say pick that one up first for free resources, and if you want a second get Azuma for FXP, assuming there isn't any other FXP ship you're interested in.

[DFTR]
Members
72 posts
1,869 battles

i dont have the coal for the yoshino yet so i was thinking the azuma and i do have the elite xp to convert to free xp but the cost in dabloons is more then i can afford

[WPORT]
Members
7,763 posts
12,824 battles
16 minutes ago, Kensikora said:

I like Commander Azuma so much, I welcomed two of her to my port.
After that, I welcomed the Cruiser Azuma to my port, too.
Yeah, I like 'em all.

Azuma is a capable cruiser.
And she plays in a matchmaking bracket wherein ships can sink each other quickly, because they're all able to sling serious amounts of damage in a short amount of time (when played well).
Worth it?  I think so, especially if you can earn the Azuma with FXP (instead of the Premium Shop cash price).

Currently I have one Commander Azuma assigned to Cruiser Azuma, and one Commander Azuma assigned to Izumo.

Thanks to @Nolo_00, I'm now curious about the Yoshino, too.

[GOB]
Members
2,696 posts

I like the MASS so much I have 2!! 

Must be honest though. her seconds do not seem as potent since the new patch though.

• Cool 1

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
7 hours ago, Kensikora said:

Hello, i am currently debating bettween getting the mass (which im told is being removed next patch) or the wujing but i can not decide which to go with. I know a secondary build on the mass is like a second on a tirpitz making it a good brawler but im not sure.

I mean the wujing is a pan-asian BB, the BB itself is like the french tier 9 (or so i read from what i was able to find). Both with cost me around $98 unless i buy the 30k in dabloons to get them both but im not sure if it is worth it to be honest.

Anyone have any opinion on either BB or which you would buy if you had to pick one

It's not like it, it literally is the French T9.

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
1 hour ago, Noworriesderpy1 said:

Mass going away ?   Was not aware but then again that is what coming in here for info is about.  At least there are 2 versions out there...  Mass B   So being I thought it was awesome there was no hesitation on my part in getting "another one".  

As  its been pointed out the Wujing is a reskinned version of the Alsace ( tech tree ship) which is pretty good to have as well.   I think better to have the Alsace out in Tier X battles then the Republique as it it seems to have been neutered down to a shell of itself.  

I think the republique is just trash as a secondary ship.  My PR was like 700 in the republique until I abandoned the secondary build and focused on bonuses to reload speed.  You can get that thing down to near Heavy Cruiser levels of reload speed.  When I did that my performance started improving significantly.  

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[HAI]
Members
200 posts

Mass is just above average T8 BB imo. Her guns are all over the place.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SIM]
Members
5,738 posts
9,263 battles

You’ve made a good choice in picking up Massachusetts over Wujing. While I’ve really enjoyed Wujing, you can get her gameplay any time that you want without opening your wallet by grinding to the French Alsace. Big Mamie on the other hand is a ship that newer players will envy you for getting before she got pulled from sale. 

Azuma is a solid ship, with excellent guns but thin armor. Yoshino is “better” by merit of her slightly improved armor scheme and heavy torpedo loadout, but Azuma has the advantage of being tier IX. The fact that tier IX ships see fewer carriers is a selling point in and of itself for a lot of players. Thankfully Azuma isn’t leaving the shop any time soon, so you have plenty of time to grind free XP for her without spending doubloons. 

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
29 minutes ago, Qilang said:

Mass is just above average T8 BB imo. Her guns are all over the place.

It's hurting in the current meta because it isn't exactly easy to get to even mid range and continue to live with all the BB sniping.  If you get bottom tier forget about it.  A pure T8 game or top tier its fine.  It really suffers being bottom tier now though.

[HAI]
Members
200 posts

normally you have 20% chance to get higher tier when playing T8 bb.

I don't like Mass at all now. 

[USN]
Members
1,475 posts
20,183 battles
2 hours ago, Kensikora said:

anyone have any opinion on the azuma

1: do you have every other Free XP ship available right now and nothing else to spend FXP on?

2: do you find it impossible to gather 248k coal to get Yoshino?

If you answered yes to both questions, Azuma might be for you