You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Archangel_Trounce

I am bad player and love the game, but please, I'm sorry for sucking

62 comments in this topic

Members
5 posts
2,429 battles

I loved this game so much. It is hard, challenging and amazing when you do good. My stats are below average. I thought I was decent (in the middle) but no. I never draw first blood in chat, being toxic to people. But that has happened to me so hard, and so many times over the last two years. Yes, the comments hurt me in ways. I try to reply cleverly but the snarkiness, and sarcasm is much much stronger with people filled with hate, and want, to feel powerful in victimizing less vernacular people. Almost verbal [edited]/assault. I believe this is what people call toxic. I am very frustrated and sad that I have to vent here and look for some support or redemption, I don't know anyone else that plays this game personally. As for ship balance and OP this or that, I don't care, all games have that. But when a person says "kill yourself" "uninstall/delete" "your trash and always will be" "you make this game so not fun, I am uninstalling it" "just go somewhere to die" it is not a human thing to do. Shame on the people that do that. I feel even more stupid because I have invested into this game some money and now it's worth nothing to me because I won't play. Wargaming, I loved your game, enjoyed your seasons, enjoyed the videos and tutorials. Thank you for many good hours of fun. God bless and hope the people who are bad, change, and help other people some day. :)

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 10
  • Boring 2

Members
3,958 posts
14,337 battles

Don't take random people on the internet too seriously, it's not a good way to live.

edit: If necessary, step away from the game. Clear your head. And go enjoy other things in life. GL and HF in all you do.

Edited by Rollingonit
  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Members
398 posts
7,284 battles
26 minutes ago, Archangel_Trounce said:

I loved this game so much. It is hard, challenging and amazing when you do good. My stats are below average. I thought I was decent (in the middle) but no. I never draw first blood in chat, being toxic to people. But that has happened to me so hard, and so many times over the last two years. Yes, the comments hurt me in ways. I try to reply cleverly but the snarkiness, and sarcasm is much much stronger with people filled with hate, and want, to feel powerful in victimizing less vernacular people. Almost verbal [edited]/assault. I believe this is what people call toxic. I am very frustrated and sad that I have to vent here and look for some support or redemption, I don't know anyone else that plays this game personally. As for ship balance and OP this or that, I don't care, all games have that. But when a person says "kill yourself" "uninstall/delete" "your trash and always will be" "you make this game so not fun, I am uninstalling it" "just go somewhere to die" it is not a human thing to do. Shame on the people that do that. I feel even more stupid because I have invested into this game some money and now it's worth nothing to me because I won't play. Wargaming, I loved your game, enjoyed your seasons, enjoyed the videos and tutorials. Thank you for many good hours of fun. God bless and hope the people who are bad, change, and help other people some day. :)

People spend too much money on this game and they get so frustrated of something that they cant vent it out and that start making players so toxic..Just ignored them and keep playing and have fun..Try communicating to your team when your playing it will be a fun start to get some teamwork going on.

[SIM]
Members
5,738 posts
9,263 battles

You can turn the battle chat off in the options menu. If you’re really getting that much hate thrown your way, try doing that. 

• Cool 1

[SHRKE]
Members
69 posts
1,632 battles

It's a video game and normal people play to relax.  Some people though have no life, no real life accomplishments outside of it, or just over competitive.  Either way their problem and not yours.  Here I do coop mostly, as it is more relaxing but need to get into PvP again, but I've played a lot of WoT.  Some idiot in a TD calling you a noob and telling you to uninstall because you didn't yolo your light tank so he could get his 2 shots off from the red line, people mad because you're not playing the way they want you too or other idiots accusing you of hacking and cheating because you killed them.  Just do your thing and ignore them.    

Edited by Saydzhi

[WPORT]
Members
7,763 posts
12,824 battles
34 minutes ago, Archangel_Trounce said:

There are tough times for all of us.  I'm glad you got to enjoy good times, too.
I'm still learning.
Hope to see you on the virtual seas.
Let's have a fun contest with good sportsmanship.  :-)

[WOLFA]
Members
8 posts

You can block those jerks when they do bother you. And if they follow you into port after a game with there trash you can report them and then block them there too. Or you can disable chat altogether and just play in peace without having to endure all that childish nonsense.

Edited by zila1
  • Thanks 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,085 posts
11,501 battles

Report them immediately, people saying you should to kill your self or anything like this should get the proper consequence. As for other chat comments, I tend to ignore anything that isn’t a command for focus fire or support so my best advice is to just stop reading chat otherwise because it’s generally not useful

• Cool 1

[WOLFA]
Members
8 posts

There are a lot of sick lonely people out there that have nothing to do with there lives and so the only thing they have is the keyboard and there own hatred. Mostly they hate themselves and just want everyone else to feel as miserable as they do and so they try to spread their own misery on the rest of us. Ignore them.

Members
2,246 posts
52 battles

If you feel bad about your performance as the title would suggest then have you ever put some thought into improving your play? There are plenty of resources available and people willing to answer your questions. For example if you have Discord I would recommend joining the WoWs Help Me server which you can find here:
https://discord.gg/c4vK9rM

If you don't want to deal with the toxicity in PvP then in addition to the advice already given above you can also just play coop or operations. PvP isn't everything in this game - even if WG seems intent on killing off PvE.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1

[CAAT]
Members
912 posts
4,543 battles
34 minutes ago, Archangel_Trounce said:

I'm what I'd consider to be an "average" player right now, although I am trying to improve as much as possible! There's ALWAYS going to be meanies out there trying to be toxic, and you have to be prepared to deal with these people. However, it's also good to listen to people and what they're saying regardless, IF they're not just straight up flaming you, like "kill yourself", or "uninstall", that kinda garbage. Because that really is just unacceptable behavior imo. But If someone is telling you "Look, you gave up the flank, you yolo'd and died, that was a bad play", well, maybe they have a point, and you'll have to take that information and decide what to do with it. It may hurt, but it might be constructive criticism.

Tbh, that always been tough for me, admitting when I'm wrong or what I'm doing in a match is wrong, haha! But as iChase said in one of his videos, admit that you don't know everything. If your stats are below average, well then maybe something you're doing is leading to poor play. Discover that, work on shoring up your weaknesses, become a better player, don't engage trolls, and don't be toxic yourself.

This game, despite its flaws, is still a VERY solid game, and I love it dearly! So don't let people ruin this for you! Just my hopefully helpful "Sailor Moon says!"  

Sailor Moon Says Blank Template - Imgflip

[PQUOD]
Members
2,448 posts
5,605 battles
52 minutes ago, Archangel_Trounce said:

Sadly there are trolls everywhere on the internet. They say things like this to you because you cannot pop them in the nose for it. Safe to act like the troll they are. Don't quit because of them man. They are everywhere. 

Keep playing and enjoying your time. I couldn't do much at 2k games, and I'm starting to pull off better plays and I'm 5k in. 

I hope you just decide to take a break and think it over. If you do quit for good, good luck to ya. If not, just keep trying to get better. Asking yourself what you could have done differently is something I do often when I play. Someday my WR will reflect that :cap_book:

Either way man, g'luck.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
1,041 posts

This is a classic case of bullying.  If this is getting to you so much that you will quit a game you love, maybe you should look into some strategies on how to handle bullying.  If you can't handle it in here, you aren't going to be able to handle it in other areas of life, and you WILL run into it, ALLOT.  There are plenty of resources available to help you with this.  Nothing wrong with getting some help when you need it.  

[OMGIF]
Members
19 posts
3,519 battles

People tend to do this on the net because they don't have to worry about some one "cleaning their clock " if they were face to face .

Co-op is a good place to go to play for less drama or practice  , that's  what i do mostly for me its enough fun,  you don't earn credits or xp very fast but that's the down side. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,735 posts
4,268 battles

First, you're not a bad player. 51% WR over 2400 games is if anything slightly above average. Sure you're not unicum level but you're clearly doing something right.

Second, people are going to yell at you in chat, it's the internet. Just ignore them, most of them probably don't even know how to play themselves. Don't even bother replying. If they're getting across the line (death threats, inappropriate PMs after match) report them to WG (full ticket, not the in game report button). WG doesn't like that kind of behavior. However, this is the internet and online gaming. You're going to run into trolls and a-holes with an inflated sense of self importance and anger management issues. You have to be able to ignore them. You have just as much right as they do to play and based on your stats I'm betting you're a better player than most of them (it's usually the 40% guy who died early who tends to blame the team for his stupidity). If it really gets to you then turn off chat. Otherwise just learn to laugh at the idiots raging in chat, sometimes you can troll them back and trigger them even more. Remember it's an online game and you have better things to do than get worked up over a game.

Just play, have fun, and ignore the salt in chat.

[SALVO]
Members
6,535 posts
5,215 battles

Hi @Archangel_Trounce 

Thanks for sharing and playing the game, it is indeed fun. Some things you can do to rekindle your flame with the game:

* Take screeshots of the offenders and submit it to the mods along with a replay. 

* Mute chat if you prefer to play in peace 

* Play Ops, they are a nice change from Randoms 

* Play with friends, it really helps to improve the enjoyment 

If you don't have anyone to play with, feel free to PM while in game and we can Div, if you like I can also give you a tip or two.

Cheers! 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,231 posts
12,069 battles

Go watch ChaosMachineGM video streamer he is the best . Will teach you how to play the game and have fun . No body streaming today is better he's the funniest low pressure streamer around he should have his own TV show . He will show you how to have fun and ignore the idiots . 

Edited by clammboy

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
263 posts
4,247 battles

Hey @Archangel_Trounce, I know its hard sometimes to ignore all the hate and anger, but try not to let other people dictate your enjoyment of this game. Disabling chat and muting people are both solid options. 

For all the toxicity I've seen in game, I've also seen a lot of positive, friendly people who are just out to enjoy themselves. Unfortunately its the people with the worst attitudes who tend to be the loudest, so they seem to stand out, but they are the exception rather than the rule. 

If you are looking for someone to div with, send me a PM. I am by no means a great player, but I have a passion for this game and I just try to have fun, improve a bit each game. 

If not, I'll see you out there sometime! Cheers!

• Cool 2

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,219 posts
2 hours ago, Archangel_Trounce said:

First off, the Internet is a melting pot. There are some nice people, some filthy people and many in between depending in situation.

I can text and chat and get sunk doing so and later banned. OR I can disable chat and play the game in the spirit its meant to be.

You have been hurt in several ways to reach the point of writing that paragraph detailing the damage done to you. I will tell you that you need to disable chat which is a source of toxic waste into your day. Make a beautiful sunshine day into a total heaping landfill stinking with rot and you do not do well at all when night comes. Sometimes people get bad behind a keyboard in a game which is a second reason I strongly suggest disabling chat. These are not your friends. They don't care about you and in fact you are being abused by them for whatever bad situation they are in. If someone opens mouth in real life and bad things come out then that person is going to end up running with others of like ilk other demons as it were. Shunned by Society who appreciates better things like Optimism, encouragement and teaching etc.

Online gaming as a general rule is very toxic It can create within you a darkness that will never stop making you feel bad about everything and everyone. You are bad therefore you must delete yourself, uninstall etc etc etc.

[edited].

You play the game and just the game in whatever ship you like within Wows or whatever. I am not a conformist some of the time. I play the way it goes and sometimes you win everything and other times you are summarily sunk. In some games I used to tell people upgrade until you stop blowing up in battle. (IN game) Wows is a simple game. Ships here Red team, Ships over there the other team. If both teams human then one team must win within the 20 minutes either by totally destroying the one team or by points which is a combination of several paths to victory essentially 1000 points.

I was alone on my team one game but was ahead in points. Four enemy ships crowded into one of my circled bases to try and take it. I had the Scharnhorst backing and forwards behind a island firing a turret at one enemy ship. When the shells touched that enemy ship the base clock counting down was cut back. So each of the four enemies was hit once in turn equally. Eventually my team counter got to 1000 and I won standing alone against four. But why did the four ships not come straight out for my last BB and leave one to take the base? All i can tell you is that they got lazy.

Today if I tried that on a random game, my ship will be sunk fast. And I will lose the game.

That is that game its over, done. Finished. Feel better? Enjoy the game? Forget about your real life troubles for a little bit? I hope you had fun. That is good.

Now if you had bullies bad mouthing you and tearing you apart as a human being made to feel very dark inside and turn against the game itself because it's literally a poison to you via chat. You either will stop playing and uninstall the game and find another less dark game to enjoy or you will end up telling these trolls what for and you set up to be banned. And the trolls would have won.

My solution is to disable chat. Anyone who wants to be a problem? Great have at it. But thats someone elses problem now not yours. And maybe you can feel good about the game and avoid the poison traps of chat etc. (Voice comms really makes it twice as bad. Or create new situations like your wife overhearing a 18 year old hottie in your headphones talking about.. cats in the game. Who is she to you? And you have real problems now.) There are certain things I don't do at all in gaming, and being deaf helps a little bit. Sort out the rest. Once in a regular game more often people want to be nice and have fun and team up. Those are the games to remember when things get a little tough or toxic later in the future.

[--K--]
Supertester
1,439 posts
13,839 battles

Don't take stuff like that personally, most of the time anyone telling you anything in this game is probably wrong. Instead join that discord or just ask questions here and continue to improve. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,503 battles
3 hours ago, Archangel_Trounce said:

Sorry that this is happening to you.

Repeat after me.

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words can never harm me.

It may take some time to get there but you will. 

[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,683 battles

@Archangel_Trounce

First, as others have said, you are above the WoWS average, so you are not a terrible player. While stats on a game are pretty irrelevant, I point this out because those criticizing you clearly have no grounds, and they are just pathetic people to say things like that. It has not been my experience to see such a level of toxicity in this game as you describe. My thought is that some transient losers have recently joined and have not yet been banned.

Please know this: WG customer support is really good. For anything toxic, particularly stuff this egregious, just snap a screenshot and file a Support Ticket. Such behavior is a violation of EULA terms, and will not be tolerated by WG. And dealing with these trolls in this manner also helps keep the game free from them for everyone else. 

I also have muted chat when I found too much toxicity, but now I just report them. I hope some of these options are helpful to you, and allow you to continue to enjoy the game. Good Luck regardless.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,462 posts
14,934 battles
3 hours ago, Archangel_Trounce said:

Aloha,

Please, when comments like this are made, whether directed at you or anyone in chat, please put a ticket in with the replays attached and report "misbehavior in chat"  using the in game report system. 

No one should have to put up with that toxicity in chat and we definitely want to help to expedite taking care of issues like that.

-Hapa

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[WHS]
Members
37 posts
5,793 battles

Stats are both a blessing and a curse. They can encourage you to improve and show you where you stand - or bring you down and make you feel extra self conscious. After all, it sure is a lot more fun to play well than play worse. From personal observation, the insulters more often than not have worse stats than the insult recipient anyways, so you should take them with a grain of salt. Like others said, you can just ignore them.

If you are frustrated about your stats, take that as an opportunity to improve. People frequently suggest watching CCs or reading guides, which helps at the basic level, but after that, at the end of the day you forget most of those tips in the heat of the battle anyways. Practice makes perfect, and (usually) simply by playing more you build an intuition on how to play well. As you can imagine, it sure is a lot more fun to play relaxed than to play brain games and recite CC tips through your head the whole match.