Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
hexeris

Northern Waters map

8 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
882 posts
14,197 battles

Is anyone else finding it difficult to see other ships properly on this map? Seems dark to me and ships at a distance are hard to distinguish.

May be just me...

[RLGN]
Members
15,491 posts
27,200 battles

Maybe intentional effects? Some of the foggy and bad weather maps have that as well, at least to me, it seems.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,739 posts
12,346 battles

You can turn off fog effects in the settings, and there's a calm waters mod that should make everything super shiny.

Beta Testers
882 posts
14,197 battles
53 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

You can turn off fog effects in the settings

Where is that in the settings, can't find it?

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,268 posts

I have been thinking about that.

Ive had my second cataract surgery and am working under special lenses in glasses. It makes my vision perfect for night time outside which is when I spend most of my waking life since trucking. In the day time the lenses have led filters and other things that changes the overall view.

I am very grateful to Compassghost for the awesome suggestion. I do run a 24 inch monitor that is 120 hertz but getting aging long in the tooth, about 12 years old now. I need to replace with a bigger if not faster monitor capable of 2msto2ms grey to grey or black to black pixels and maybe upgrade to the newer 4 color LED which includes yellow for some AWESOME views. I think that would be the trick then in game. But I don't know what to pick right now. I have the video card horsepower for it and can get newer cards any time. D-DVI Input. I do have the minis, HDMI, Optical and all that other crap. But HD in DVI connection does well with me. Maybe 4k someday... Im not sure if I can find a good fast monitor in 4k, thats huge. I still have 30 year old games that requires very low resolution.

My two cents.

Additionally to OP there is color blind filters. I have perfect color discrimination for my age however I do use one of the color blind filters to make the battle presentation a little bit better. Personally I love it if it's 60 foot greybeards shipping water over the f'cstle and slopping green waters into the bridge itself. I'll fight in any weather, night time in particular which is another reason I horde the dark flat camos always. So when a night map is possible I have one on, it really helps believe it or not. Forces the enemy human to find my bow wave or flaming smoke stack after damage then shoot on that.

Good luck.

[TIMT]
Members
1,265 posts
4,765 battles
28 minutes ago, hexeris said:

Where is that in the settings, can't find it?

image.png.c05c880643f01651bf79742d935c4c14.png

just crank the slider to the right, though usually somewhere from 1/3 to 50% is already enough while still giving you some sense of distance fog.

Beta Testers
882 posts
14,197 battles
1 minute ago, shinytrashcan said:

image.png.c05c880643f01651bf79742d935c4c14.png

just crank the slider to the right, though usually somewhere from 1/3 to 50% is already enough while still giving you some sense of distance fog.

Thank you!

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,268 posts

What I miss is the old time london style tidewater fog early around Sunrise in the Delaware or Jersey.

So thick you  stopped walked the entire route (Turns in particular) marking each with highway flares going. Hurry up, get going yer late, Those flares are burning out the 30 minute time limit.

I actually got into a wrong spot in both fog, rain and winter icing once. Frosted my rig over, spun the tires while gravity decided what to put her Ditch over yonder) requiring a multi chain block and tackle application to work her 41 ton back to pavement. A little binder served as a appalachian come along that night. 10 feet per hour in any direction you choose except the one you need to be at.

Sign in to follow this