You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Unicorn_Snot

Torpedo tubes destroyed

32 comments in this topic

Members
10 posts
1,909 battles

Torpedo tubes destroyed! That is something I use to hear from my DD captain once in a blue moon. Ever since the new patch came out I've been hearing that every other game. In fact last night I heard it twice in one game on my Minekaze, both from rocket plane attacks. I have preventive maintenance and I'm not playing any more different then I use too. Any one else been seeing this happen more lately?

[WPORT]
Members
7,754 posts
12,821 battles

Seems the chances to have torpedo tubes destroyed have gone up, since the most recent update 0.10.0, eh?

Members
2,246 posts
52 battles

I don't believe there was anything in the patchnotes regarding module survivability?

So I guess you've just been unlucky recently unless WG changed something without documenting it.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WORX]
Members
12,418 posts
19,686 battles
3 minutes ago, Unicorn_Snot said:

Torpedo tubes destroyed! That is something I use to hear from my DD captain once in a blue moon. Ever since the new patch came out I've been hearing that every other game. In fact last night I heard it twice in one game on my Minekaze, both from rocket plane attacks. I have preventive maintenance and I'm not playing any more different then I use too. Any one else been seeing this happen more lately?

Or people (in the match you played in) just practice on hitting that spot consistently... I haven't seen a change... I do play torp heavy DDs. 

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,732 posts
12,328 battles

Mine are about the same, it seems. At least in ranked, the only bums destroying my torpedo tubes are Thunderer HE nukes.

[VOP]
Members
935 posts
8 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

I don't believe there was anything in the patchnotes regarding module survivability?

So I guess you've just been unlucky recently unless WG changed something without documenting it.

I don't believe WG documents every tweak they make in the patch notes.

• Cool 3

[WOLFD]
Members
845 posts
6,846 battles
43 minutes ago, Unicorn_Snot said:

Not just torpedo tubes.  I've had a BB detonated by a Dive Bomber attack,  that never happened before.

Members
2,246 posts
52 battles
31 minutes ago, Airjellyfish said:

I don't believe WG documents every tweak they make in the patch notes.

They say they do.

They don't obviously.

Beta Testers
3,285 posts
26,944 battles

On all my DDs I pick Preventive Maintenance in order to reduce risk to main turrets , torpedo tubes , steering gears and engine ..................... 

[SIM]
Members
5,737 posts
9,263 battles

Haven’t had my tubes destroyed once since the rework went live. 

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
229 posts
9,855 battles

It's just you.  People have definitely not changed how they aim.  An infrequent thing happened a few times and you noticed it! :D

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
935 posts
2 hours ago, Tachnechdorus said:

On all my DDs I pick Preventive Maintenance in order to reduce risk to main turrets , torpedo tubes , steering gears and engine ..................... 

Yup, got that skill and parts explode off like July 4 fireworks.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,218 posts

I have buffed ship damage control to cut down on that loss of torps. I lose them several times a game but not outright destroyed, that happens once in a blue moon.

IF they were to be destroyed outright, the warship just turned into a massive torpedo and will pick the nearest enemy to ram. I fly ram flags so I can do two ships if I need to.

I am thinking on stocking up a thousand or so of those flags. They are pretty cheap right now because ramming is not a thing yet. That will change as more players adopt that for a variety of reasons.

If I get a total destroyed tubes it will be on a squishy cruiser first. The scharnhorst next. I am reworking that ship to be more sturdy as I rely on it in operations among other games. But not for human combat particularly with carriers.

Human carriers have gotten VERY lethal, I generally do DD's and when we have a carrier game I sit under smoke for two minutes as the human warplanes patiently circle above. Then blow me up when my smoke dies. Either that or hover over until I am destroyed. Our own human carrier usually is a noob and does not know to immediately erase enemy DD's then radar ships in that order.

Edited by xHeavy

[CO-OP]
Members
2,611 posts
27,681 battles

Is this happening since the patch release, or more recently?  If the latter, there is a dockyard task for battleships that requires kills or incapacitation of modules.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,368 posts
10,443 battles

I think it depends if you're unfortunate enough to get BB HE smack into your middle. Otherwise I almost never seem to loose torp tubes on mine.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,479 posts
25,624 battles

If one isn't taking stuff to improve module durability on their DD, you shouldn't be surprised if your modules get splattered immediately the moment a shell hits.

Preventive Maintenance skill is Tier 1 and easy to acquire.

Upgrades to improve torpedo tubes' durability:

Slot 1:  MAM1

Slot 3:  TTM1

Slot 6:  TTM2

If you're playing a more hardcore DD Gunboat Build not equipping TTM1, TTM2, then your torp launchers are going to be real squishy.

In addition, if you're eating big HE shells, your modules are going to get rekt even harder.  Battleship HE do a horrific number to DD modules and RN BB HE shells are thermonuclear devices against them.  The explosion radius from RN 419mm and 457mm HE are gargantuan.

[WOLFC]
Members
524 posts
8,315 battles

I don't know about on DDs, but the torpedo tubes on my Prinz Eugen are made of paper. At least one destroyed every match now, and that's after 1-2 being disabled repeatedly.

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,479 posts
25,624 battles
3 hours ago, Nolo_00 said:

I don't know about on DDs, but the torpedo tubes on my Prinz Eugen are made of paper. At least one destroyed every match now, and that's after 1-2 being disabled repeatedly.

That's a problem I've been running into for my torpedo-fitted Cruisers even in Co-op.  The tubes get rekt easily.  Even on Hindenburg my torp tubes are getting incapped, destroyed a lot.  Preventive Maintenance is gone for Cruiser access.   MAM1 upgrade in Slot 1 isn't enough to save your torp tubes.

[WOLFC]
Members
524 posts
8,315 battles
7 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

That's a problem I've been running into for my torpedo-fitted Cruisers even in Co-op.  The tubes get rekt easily.  Even on Hindenburg my torp tubes are getting incapped, destroyed a lot.  Preventive Maintenance is gone for Cruiser access.   MAM1 upgrade in Slot 1 isn't enough to save your torp tubes.

Ok, glad it's not just me. As far as I can tell, cruiser survivability took quite a hit this patch, and not just super cruisers.

[VOP]
Members
595 posts
10,229 battles

I have been noticing  BB engine incapacitation's alot more in co-op prior to the rework so that was put in place before the skills went live. 

Torpedo tubes destroyed is nothing new for co-op mains. this happens all the time, I think it is happening alot more though and needs to be tweaked. I was playing my Furutaka and had my torps incapacitated with one volley, then the next volley they were destroyed. Of course on the side I was trying to launch against a closing BB. The bots timing is impeccable. :Smile_sceptic:

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
19 hours ago, Unicorn_Snot said:

Play the Pommern if you want to hear that every game.  I always have to keep going back to the skills to make sure I picked preventative maintenance.  Which is a 45% bonus with Lujtens, and doesn't seem to have an impact.

[SIMP]
Members
1,626 posts
23 minutes ago, USMCGal said:

I have been noticing  BB engine incapacitation's alot more in co-op prior to the rework so that was put in place before the skills went live. 

Torpedo tubes destroyed is nothing new for co-op mains. this happens all the time, I think it is happening alot more though and needs to be tweaked. I was playing my Furutaka and had my torps incapacitated with one volley, then the next volley they were destroyed. Of course on the side I was trying to launch against a closing BB. The bots timing is cheating:Smile_sceptic:

Fixed that for you.

And yes, torp tubes seem to go bye bye much more often across all classes of ships in co-op now. It's almost as if the bots know when you are about to fire them... OH WAIT -THEY DO! :cap_wander_2:

[P-V-E]
Members
1,625 posts

i have seen a significant increase in torpedo tubes being damaged/destroyed on CL/CA and BB, this is despite Preventative Maintenance always being taken both before and after the rework.

pre rework it was seldom the case that torpedo tubes would be outright destroyed 

[INTEL]
Members
3,407 posts
18,799 battles
12 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

In addition, if you're eating big HE shells, your modules are going to get rekt even harder.  Battleship HE do a horrific number to DD modules and RN BB HE shells are thermonuclear devices against them.  The explosion radius from RN 419mm and 457mm HE are gargantuan.

Exactly why I took Thunderer into Co-Op for that Dockyard mission.  I got 6 - 9 incapacitations a battle, plus the kills.