You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Whiskey_Rebel

Top Grade Gunner

8 comments in this topic

Members
472 posts
2,840 battles

1. Does anyone use this?

2. Which of the two abilities (the secondaries or the main battery) "can be activated"?  - Never mind, this must be the main battery reload, as its the only one with a condition.

3. Which "standard detectability range" does the main battery reload buff refer to? Yours? Or the enemy's?

tgg.png

Edited by Whiskey_Rebel

[SGSS]
Members
5,523 posts
36 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

1. Does anyone use this?

2. Which of the two abilities (the secondaries or the main battery) "can be activated"?  - Never mind, this must be the main battery reload, as its the only one with a condition.

3. Which "standard detectability range" does the main battery reload buff refer to? Yours? Or the enemy's?

tgg.png

Yes on everything.

With range so short now you have to fire as fast as possible.

My understanding of detecabilty is what ever the screen says your stealth is at in the port view.

In the port your Balty has 12 km stealth that is when you get the buff.

Some ships I am not even trying to hide.  Going for reload and damage.

US if stealth and reload.

Edited by jags_domain

[DMGS]
Members
108 posts
6,450 battles

I use this for IJN cruisers because I couldn’t decide on anything else. Their range isn’t the greatest so you occasionally get to use it and an AA build seems pointless with those atrocious base values on most of their ships.

[-BCO-]
Members
1,669 posts
2,898 battles
48 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

1. Does anyone use this?

1. Well....yes, sort of, for ops it is....useful. I didn't play any PvP since rebork. 

3 Yours.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,218 posts

I don't bother.

Some ships like the Shima has very bad DPM output they get sunk outright. So... what do I do? Well if I knew a higher DPM enemy is local, I'll run off and grab a cruiser or another DD and run with that one for a bit until the problem is torped or eliminated.

When you have tried all the skills in respec's since update day, you find that only a few works well. The rest are [edited].

Edited by xHeavy

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,514 posts
4,771 battles

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:List_of_Commander_Skills

Icon_perk_trigger_gm_atba_reload_ca_dark.png

Top Grade Gunner

4 If an enemy ship is spotted within the ship's standard detectability range,[1] this skill is activated. -10% reload time of secondary batteries.
When activated:
-8% reload time of the main battery.

1. The standard main battery firing range or standard detectability range are those values shown in port. They are not changed by in-battle effects such as gun bloom, spotting aircraft, smoke, or weather.

1 hour ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

Does anyone use this?

You betcha.

Edited by iDuckman

[HMCSH]
Beta Testers
1,647 posts
21,624 battles
3 hours ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

1. Does anyone use this?

tgg.png

Check out this vid to see how it works.

[ARC]
Members
1,065 posts
11,408 battles
4 hours ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

1. Does anyone use this?

tgg.png

Yes, I use it on almost every cruiser, good enough to kill DDs when detected. 

"Standard detectability range" is your detection range in the match without shooting. The name is fishy but in reality is good old detection range. The one without buffs is normally called "stock detectability range".