Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

Two super testers in same game testing ship. Good?

20 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

2,678
[SGSS]
Members
5,518 posts

1 super tester in a game is one thing.  Two in a div is another.  

They had the new Tona Hybrid.  Of course they won.  I know they need to be tested but a div?

About the ship.  They apparently could fly there planes, drop theirs torps, and fire guns at same time.

Thoughts...

  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[SALVO]
Members
68 posts
15,053 battles

Had similar div yesterday. Tone and the new Pan-Asian CV.  Pretty toxic but they lost. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,108
[KSC]
Clan Supertest Coordinator
5,295 posts
8,554 battles

Ask yourself this:  If the ship was released to the public, would people play it in a div?

 

  • Cool 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25
[SALVO]
Members
68 posts
15,053 battles

Ask yourself this: 1 CV vs 1  CV plus a hybrid. 
I never complain about MM, but this is messed up. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[--O--]
Members
994 posts

Hard question to answer because in-game you could see a division.

But My thought is NO not with Supertesters on what is always an OP ship until many reworks through testing. Wargaming always starts out with the most OP possible then scales down "unless its RU then its working as intended." So, No they should not be in a division together until main release.

I will give an example of  a bad ship to play in-game (Kitikami) by itself it was annoying, but I saw a division together and it was pure toxic they were sinc launching and won the game basically by themselves. Not sure what their damage actually was, but they were launching so may torps it was an "area denial" situation, red-team wouldn't go near two of the caps.

  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,964
[KWF]
Members
5,527 posts
6,846 battles

Public testing without testing all eventualities doesn't give accurate data. I don't deny it's bad, especially considering a few months back the were three man Kitakami divisions around, but it's better for things to become apparent in the testing phase rather when released for everyone.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,234
[WOLFG]
Members
31,827 posts
9,859 battles
17 minutes ago, yashma said:

Ask yourself this:  If the ship was released to the public, would people play it in a div?

 

Until enough people complained anyway.

I don't imagine it's the case, but if I were WG, I'd be developing a possible solution, because there will be issues with dubbing these hybrids.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
977
[CK5]
Members
1,516 posts
16,215 battles

Seriously, how often does Super testing (with a division no less) occur in regular game play?  Just because it happened to you once, you think it happens all the time?  It is a very rare occurrence and not worth wasting everyone else's time starting a thread.   

  • Cool 6
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,345
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,630 posts
25,089 battles

I would imagine that people selected for testing ships, are probably pretty good players in the first place. They would have to be to understand if a ship is playing as expected, whether it was OP or needed a buff. There are rules for how they are supposed to behave and I do not think having two of them in a division is a bad thing, least no more so than having any two good players in a division. The ships have to get tested in normal gameplay and under normal circumstances like divisions to get a really good idea whether the ships are ready to be included in the game. 

Leave the testers alone. They are literally working for free for all of us to have a game to play. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[HOLE]
Members
199 posts
2,352 battles

Personally I think the Super-tester deal is a joke to begin with on the main server. These ships should not see the main server till testing is complete and that should be done on the regular test server so this would allow everyone who is willing to take the time over there to run them and give feedback but as most know, some feel they are only good enough for such feedback. Having such clan members running the program gives them a heads up on them compared to those just getting them.  Division's in them shouldn't be allowed under no circumstance's.

 

  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
347
[HOLE]
Members
199 posts
2,352 battles
1 hour ago, Taylor3006 said:

I would imagine that people selected for testing ships, are probably pretty good players in the first place. They would have to be to understand if a ship is playing as expected, whether it was OP or needed a buff. There are rules for how they are supposed to behave and I do not think having two of them in a division is a bad thing, least no more so than having any two good players in a division. The ships have to get tested in normal gameplay and under normal circumstances like divisions to get a really good idea whether the ships are ready to be included in the game. 

Leave the testers alone. They are literally working for free for all of us to have a game to play. 

They have a test server and it should be for test ships as well. Yeah, you may have to wait but it allows feedback from all player's. They can ( if needed) programs bots to be more competitive as well limit how many new ships per battle. Player would be more willing to split their time between both server's. if it meant they could use and give feedback for new ships coming into the game. I personally feel it would breath life into game by doing this as well maybe bring numbers back up.

  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,959
[SIM]
Members
5,735 posts
9,263 battles
2 hours ago, yashma said:

Ask yourself this:  If the ship was released to the public, would people play it in a div?

 

Seriously, this. Someone should come lock this inane thread now.

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,678
[SGSS]
Members
5,518 posts
2 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I would imagine that people selected for testing ships, are probably pretty good players in the first place. They would have to be to understand if a ship is playing as expected, whether it was OP or needed a buff. There are rules for how they are supposed to behave and I do not think having two of them in a division is a bad thing, least no more so than having any two good players in a division. The ships have to get tested in normal gameplay and under normal circumstances like divisions to get a really good idea whether the ships are ready to be included in the game. 

Leave the testers alone. They are literally working for free for all of us to have a game to play. 

I never target anyone.  And know one ever should.

This forum should remember that when it comes to CV players as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
543
[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
758 posts
2 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Seriously, how often does Super testing (with a division no less) occur in regular game play?  Just because it happened to you once, you think it happens all the time?  It is a very rare occurrence and not worth wasting everyone else's time starting a thread.   

Depending how much you play, yes it does happen all the time, and unless you scour the forums, blogs, reddit, website you will not know the capabilities of the ship you are up against, which is in itself an advantage to the test ship.    Also even if it was not that often it is still not right, you want to test a ship then give it EVERYONE for a few days at a time, ok these (insert number here) people get it for 3 days then next set of people, why Super Testers?  It's not ideal and I very much dislike the practice.

  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
486
[WOLFG]
Members
670 posts
14,260 battles

You know what happens when ships aren't fully tested in every eventual aspect of the game they may encounter in their final release? We get things like a captain skill rework. :Smile_trollface:

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,240
[PVE]
Members
7,556 posts
23,531 battles
1 hour ago, motleytanker said:

Personally I think the Super-tester deal is a joke to begin with on the main server. These ships should not see the main server till testing is complete and that should be done on the regular test server so this would allow everyone who is willing to take the time over there to run them and give feedback but as most know, some feel they are only good enough for such feedback. Having such clan members running the program gives them a heads up on them compared to those just getting them.  Division's in them shouldn't be allowed under no circumstance's.

 

 

26 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Depending how much you play, yes it does happen all the time, and unless you scour the forums, blogs, reddit, website you will not know the capabilities of the ship you are up against, which is in itself an advantage to the test ship.    Also even if it was not that often it is still not right, you want to test a ship then give it EVERYONE for a few days at a time, ok these (insert number here) people get it for 3 days then next set of people, why Super Testers?  It's not ideal and I very much dislike the practice.

The devs need actual input about the ships...& there is a very strict set of guidelines about how that input is to get delivered that the STs agree to follow so the devs don't need to read a bunch of irrelevant personal feelings/opinions on unrelated rantings/etc/etc/ad nauseum.

They need just the specific data about the specific ship in testing based on just the mechanical parameters of the game...& NOTHING ELSE.

The constant whining in the forums proves w/out a shadow of a doubt that they would not be able to get the streamlined data they require from a open test of everybody because there would be no possible way to dig the actual relevant data out of all the "feelings" that so many feel the need to share on a constant basis.

  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
717
[--O--]
Members
994 posts
4 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I would imagine that people selected for testing ships, are probably pretty good players in the first place. They would have to be to understand if a ship is playing as expected, whether it was OP or needed a buff. There are rules for how they are supposed to behave and I do not think having two of them in a division is a bad thing, least no more so than having any two good players in a division. The ships have to get tested in normal gameplay and under normal circumstances like divisions to get a really good idea whether the ships are ready to be included in the game. 

Leave the testers alone. They are literally working for free for all of us to have a game to play. 

Except wargaming apparently doesn't listen to them. Sadly.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
543
[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
758 posts
On 1/30/2021 at 12:08 PM, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

 

The devs need actual input about the ships...& there is a very strict set of guidelines about how that input is to get delivered that the STs agree to follow so the devs don't need to read a bunch of irrelevant personal feelings/opinions on unrelated rantings/etc/etc/ad nauseum.

They need just the specific data about the specific ship in testing based on just the mechanical parameters of the game...& NOTHING ELSE.

The constant whining in the forums proves w/out a shadow of a doubt that they would not be able to get the streamlined data they require from a open test of everybody because there would be no possible way to dig the actual relevant data out of all the "feelings" that so many feel the need to share on a constant basis.

You think you have it all figured out?  With 400+ ships and over 5 years of development, do you think the devs have an idea what they are looking for?  Seriously, a survey of questions would work just fine.  There are so many algorithms in use, Super Testers are just advertisements for boats.  

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
543
[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
758 posts
On 1/30/2021 at 8:42 AM, yashma said:

Ask yourself this:  If the ship was released to the public, would people play it in a div?

 

Ask yourself this, if the ship wasnt hidden in a blog or web page but on our tech tree (for future possibilities) would people possibly know how to play against it?

  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,240
[PVE]
Members
7,556 posts
23,531 battles
2 hours ago, HooplaJones said:

You think you have it all figured out? (Based on your "survey" comment you surely don't) With 400+ ships and over 5 years of development, do you think the devs have an idea what they are looking for? (Yes...but obviously if it's not what you want then they obviously have no clue) Seriously, a survey of questions would work just fine. (Sounds like somebody is feeling left out because he didn't get asked to participate in a survey...poor baby...does somebody need a Happy Meal)? There are so many algorithms in use, Super Testers are just advertisements for boats.  

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×