You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
S7CentNickel

Free Capt respec, when does it end?

22 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,559 posts

Is everyone happy with there build?

I would leave your captains blank for a few days because you k ow dead eye change is coming so dont get cought.

[BB35]
[BB35]
Members
522 posts
14,892 battles

I reset all my cqptains except the ones I play daily (my 21pt ones).

Day before patch Ill dismount my modules on those ships and my captains reset

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

For some of us average people it's ending FAR too soon!

This all came at a bad time ( moving ) and for anyone with a lot of ships and not the usual time to focus on this,  this is impossible to get this done in that timeframe.

Looks like I will just have to reset all commanders and just play a few ships until I can sort this out.

• Cool 3

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,638 posts
25,096 battles
15 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Looks like I will just have to reset all commanders and just play a few ships until I can sort this out.

I think this is the best strategy. Just zero everyone out except a few that you are currently using and wait to see what happens down the road. I have everyone zeroed out, even the ones I am using. But I play co-op so it hardly matters. If you do pick just a couple of captains, make sure there are plenty of premiums available for them to use so you don't get stuck playing the same old ship game after game. That gets old fast. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Cool 2

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts
8 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

If you do pick just a couple of captains, make sure there are plenty of premiums available for them to use so you don't get stuck playing the same old ship game after game. That gets old fast. 

Premiums/ Specials will not be a problem : )  108 right now. 

Lots of Crate / coal and FXP love there! :cap_haloween:

Edited by Col_Nasty

[CLUMP]
Members
1,400 posts
1,871 battles
2 hours ago, jags_domain said:

Is everyone happy with there build?

I would leave your captains blank for a few days because you k ow dead eye change is coming so dont get cought.

All my captains have been reset just in case :Smile_hiding: As for rework for CVs seem to be weaker now that's just my opinion though :Smile_sceptic: it seems like the perks aren't doing much CV wise :Smile_amazed:

Edited by LastRemnant

[SGSS]
Members
5,559 posts
15 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

All my captains have been reset just in case :Smile_hiding: As for rework for CVs seem to be weaker now that's just my opinion though :Smile_sceptic: it seems like the perks aren't doing much CV wise :Smile_amazed:

Funny because I am digging on the new skills.

The faster torp arming is fantastic.  Couple it with sight stab and US planes love it.

Heavy CA got the worst end of the deal with there range really hit hard.

I dont play DD so no opinion.

Still going with sec for BB because its fun.  Sitting back and trying to do things is just boring.

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
16,997 battles
3 hours ago, DocWalker said:

FreeSkillReset.jpg

Be aware, however, that if you haven't used it yet, the one-shot all-captains reset should be used on Valentine's day if not earlier.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
10 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Be aware, however, that if you haven't used it yet, the one-shot all-captains reset should be used on Valentine's day if not earlier.

Excellent point ... thanks for bringing it up.

OneButtonReset.jpg

[WOLFC]
Members
524 posts
8,363 battles
3 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Excellent point ... thanks for bringing it up.

OneButtonReset.jpg

To add on that, the button won't work again if you've used it already. Not a big deal, but something to keep in mind.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,400 posts
1,871 battles
59 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Funny because I am digging on the new skills.

The faster torp arming is fantastic.  Couple it with sight stab and US planes love it.

Heavy CA got the worst end of the deal with there range really hit hard.

I dont play DD so no opinion.

Still going with sec for BB because its fun.  Sitting back and trying to do things is just boring.

I don't have 19 point captains so I will take your word for it :Smile_honoring:

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,259 posts

None of the current 10.0 work unless you like superintendant and concealment. The rest of it is crapithy.

You will stop respec'ing your commanders when they are sitting on your ships with 10 skill points or whatever ready to be assigned for free when the next update or two brings in new skills that work well or restores the pre 10.0 update skills trees that work well. So thats what I did. Stopped with the respec and left I think 74 total commanders without assigned skills with a minimum of 10 skill points. And the 6 or so active commanders, 4 are 19's 1 is euro 15 and one is a Japanese Yamamoto at 15. I also have a 18 here or there I forget who. But all other commanders do not have assigned skills at all. They do stay with their individual ships or sit in reserve (I think 30 total, with another 100 slots free, bought and paid for 100 coins at a time for 4 slots this month)

[WOLF9]
Members
449 posts

I forgot about dismounting modules.  Gonna have to do that too.  Thanks for the info, I've respec'd several captains to different classes that I think they will be running.

[BB_B]
Members
84 posts
1,011 battles

Yeah, the free dismounting of modules is a huge deal and works very well finishing up any snowflakes you have left.  You slap on the modules, spec your captain and as soon as you get back to port, dismount everything and zero out the captain.  I dismounted everything up through tier 8.  Definitely don't want to miss that deal.  I dismounted about 250 modules for free instead of 25 dubs per.  Adds up fast!!

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,259 posts

The equiptment modules on my ships all standard depending on what class they are. I have dismounted enough modules and replaced some with the good old faithfuls that work in battle. About 12 million Credits alter, Most of my fleet is settled in again.

IF they do another round of snow flakes, I can only guess at the coal and steel that is fixing to pour in. I also started to wonder if I can pick a good ship in the entire port and upgrade again with nothing but UU's and or LU's where suitable. What I might end up with is a form of supership to be feared in battle.

Or I am a dreaming fool about to be kicked awake in the cold light of just how crappy the wows system stands to be sometimes.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,980 posts
48,397 battles

My plan is not to reset any commanders out other than the ones on ships I'm playing.  Then the day before the end of free reset, I will use the reset all button on the website.