You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

PSA: Don't grind ranked qualifications this week (unless you need some camos)

28 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
7,576 posts
23,591 battles

It's the end of the season & we all start at bronze Monday morning...

Seems they should shut them down or add a notification in game to let players know (when they try to enter qualifications...I know there's already a mention that the season is ending.......but I'd still be willing to bet Monday morning is going to see quite a bit of rant threads about time wasted in qualifications)...

:cap_popcorn::Smile_popcorn:BYOS(alt)

Edit: There is a 5 camo reward for completing silver qualifications & a 10 camo reward for finishing gold qualifications though if you need/want camos.

The camos are type 3 & give the standard 3%\4% bonuses plus +100% XP & +100% CXP.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Haha 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,453 posts
5,649 battles
33 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Seems they should shut them down or add a notification in game to let players know (when they try to enter qualifications...I know there's already a mention that the season is ending.......but I'd still be willing to bet Monday morning is going to see quite a bit of rant threads about time wasted in qualifications)...

Great place to farm XP though. 

Bring cream for the burning sensation. 

So many Thunderers...

ship-fire.jpg

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
7,576 posts
23,591 battles
25 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Great place to farm XP though. 

Bring cream for the burning sensation. 

So many Thunderers...

ship-fire.jpg

WTH is underneath all jose flames...LOL (hope everybody got out ok)...

Thanx for the reply...your thread inspired me to start this 1 btw :-)

Edit: BTW...do clan brawls have the same 2500/250 BXP as regular CB(attles)? If so that would be a more productive way to farm XP. 

Or is it regular CBs that are going on now & CBrawls are just on the PT?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
15,491 posts
27,200 battles
35 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

WTH is underneath all jose flames...LOL (hope everybody got out ok)...

Thanx for the reply...your thread inspired me to start this 1 btw :-)

Edit: BTW...do clan brawls have the same 2500/250 BXP as regular CB(attles)? If so that would be a more productive way to farm XP. 

Or is it regular CBs that are going on now & CBrawls are just on the PT?

As I thought, it seems to be Deep Water Horizon. Different pic below.

Deepwater_Horizon_offshore_drilling_unit

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,268 posts

Its a shame deepwater horizon failed.

If it had stayed up without problems the potential capacity of the darn thing that deep down would have replaced ALL of the middle eastern oil production for years. There were whispers that if the thing was online and no accidents we would have not only gone to formal war vs iran etc but also started shipping oil to the world that otherwise would not be able to get it from the Gulf. (Whispers, rumors etc who knows...)

The oil is still there, contaminating the entire gulf just waiting for Nature to work through it which will still be a mess long after all of us alive today are dead and gone.

Regarding the Ranked, I think starting monday morning there will be a noticable change in how the people behave within that system. Most will stay in bronze and fail to qual for silver and some will qual for silver but fail to qual for gold on purpose. Once they are settled in one of the lower two ranks they are going to probably harvest the hell out of each week until that season is over.

Normally its not a problem. But this year is the year of steel. Because some ships are going away soon.

• Meh 1

[PVE]
Members
7,576 posts
23,591 battles
24 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Its a shame deepwater horizon failed.

If it had stayed up without problems the potential capacity of the darn thing that deep down would have replaced ALL of the middle eastern oil production for years. There were whispers that if the thing was online and no accidents we would have not only gone to formal war vs iran etc but also started shipping oil to the world that otherwise would not be able to get it from the Gulf. (Whispers, rumors etc who knows...)

The oil is still there, contaminating the entire gulf just waiting for Nature to work through it which will still be a mess long after all of us alive today are dead and gone.

Dude...I just went down a rabbit hole on this...

Deep water was 1 platform that was around 1,300 meters deep...

Presently in the Gulf of Mexico there are over 1,800 platforms w/over 42,000 km of pipelines...& there are some that are over 2km deep...

The chances of another similar occuraence to DeepWater is not just possible but only a matter of time as there is constant fires & spills from them almost on a constant basis (about 1 every 3 days).

One has been leaking over 700 gallons a day since 2004 & has enough reserves to continue leaking for over a century if not capped which would make it eventually top the amount of oil spilled by Deepwater...yet it hasn't been capped in the 16 years since it started.

TLDR: Don't plan any "healthy getaways" in the Gulf for the foreseeable future.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You have it backwards its the perfect time to move up to get free steel, and not worry about the garbage of being stuck for 6 weeks with incompetent players who failed their way up!

[PVE]
Members
7,576 posts
23,591 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

You have it backwards its the perfect time to move up to get free steel, and not worry about the garbage of being stuck for 6 weeks with incompetent players who failed their way up!

I don't think you get extra steel for qualifications do you?

You get it for reaching rank 1...but I don't remember getting any extra when I did the extra qualification games to get from bronze to silver...but I may be remembering it wrong...been a few weeks.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,268 posts

Now I have more food for thought. UGH.

God knows Ive run pipe and chain both ways through Hammond. (LA..._) Spend a year between Houston and Jaxville. Drill Rig pipe this direction and chain and cable the other. 1500 dollars net a week 6 months straight over a winter. One of the very most profitable filthy in the money ever...

I am not exactly inclined to worry TOO much about the 3000 or so rigs in the Gulf. Little Rock gets 5 pipelines from the south and Gulf coast to a tank farm here and I usually keep a eye on them. That situation decides in a hurry what possibility if any for getting gasoline tomorrow or not. (AVGas, Desiel for the trucking and Kerosene plus other fuels..) I also remember Lake Charles. The Refineries burning in the night. Sometimes when at cards on the table you can see the things rattle a little bit when they are into the refining nearby. If that does not do it, stand outside and take a deep Breath. I once asked a doctor's office to draw my blood and build a CBC Panel on it.

The results of that one I have somewhere in my papers its a eye opener.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,268 posts
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You get it for reaching rank 1...but I don't remember getting any extra when I did the extra qualification games to get from bronze to silver...but I may be remembering it wrong...been a few weeks.

I think quals are just that. Quals.

After 50 games getting busted back to one star doolie, Im less inclined to follow up on the news that I finally ranked out into Gold or something. Come on lets get this over with kind of thing. Such [edited]. Eliminate the quals and calm down on having to win every game straight through from Gold Ten to rank out on stars and I think the system would be pretty good.

[WOLF6]
Members
201 posts
7,111 battles

i searched but couldn't find anything on another rank season starting monday.

mind putting up a link to the new season?

[SALVO]
Members
6,633 posts
5,231 battles
10 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

& we all start at bronze Monday morning...

Are you sure about this? What's your source?

Edited by ArIskandir

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
6 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Correct ... qualifications are only to get you into the next league ... no other rewards ... below is a summary of all rewards offered by league.

edit: I was wrong ... you do get Camos for qualifying for Silver and Gold leagues ... see my posts below ... also OP was updated.

1rankrewards.jpg

Edited by DocWalker

[HINON]
Members
13,976 posts
7 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

One has been leaking over 700 gallons a day since 2004 & has enough reserves to continue leaking for over a century if not capped which would make it eventually top the amount of oil spilled by Deepwater...yet it hasn't been capped in the 16 years since it started.

The Gulf naturally seeps 1-5 million barrels of oil annually. That is a pittance in comparison. This is also why the gulf is rich in oil consuming bacteria.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,576 posts
23,591 battles
4 hours ago, iBrowEcc0 said:

i searched but couldn't find anything on another rank season starting monday.

mind putting up a link to the new season?

2 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Are you sure about this? What's your source?

Just the original article from update 0.9.12 stating that (paraphrased) "ranked seasons would be back to back & everybody starts in bronze each new season from now on"... haven't seen any source to cancel that original statement so just going off of that.

Now that people have done the math on the futility of going for gold league (other than the 1 benefits often left out of the analysis...the "ranked point" for reaching gold rank 1...not sure what they're good for.. haven't read up on them) guessing there might be a few changes...or not...

But assuming the new season will be on schedule no matter if there are changes or not..until I hear otherwise.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[SEAST]
Members
71 posts
10,832 battles
2 hours ago, DocWalker said:

Correct ... qualifications are only to get you into the next league ... no other rewards ... below is a summary of all rewards offered by league

1rankrewards.jpg

That's some very useful information to know! Thank you very much! I was planning to grind the gold qualification today cause the in-game description says you would get reward by passing the qualification.Inked20210130090135_1_LI.jpg.4f18afedff79998a4d9e11cda356b581.jpg

Edited by _Thanagor_
  • Thanks 1

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
25 minutes ago, _Thanagor_ said:

That's some very useful information to know! Thank you very much! I was planning to grind the gold qualification today cause the in-game description says you would get reward by passing the qualification.Inked20210130090135_1_LI.jpg.4f18afedff79998a4d9e11cda356b581.jpg

OK ... I may be wrong about Rewards for passing the qualification ... but I haven't seen anywhere on the website where those rewards are/were documented.

Anyone who passed a qualification should be able to answer whether or not they received a reward ... and what it was (I didn't and didn't want to).  Do you remember getting an award for a past qualification?

Thanks for the added info ...

Edited by DocWalker

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

OK, nevermind ... I found it.  You do get a reward of 5 or 10 Camos for qualifying for Silver or Gold league respectively.  

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/updates-to-ranked-battles/

qualification.jpg

edit: I can't be 100% certain, but that definitely looks like Type 3 Camo ...  a normal award for Ranked Battle partcipation.

Type3.thumb.jpg.14d68df3c8d9bf1723378139212fb276.jpg

Edited by DocWalker
  • Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
7,576 posts
23,591 battles
2 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

OK, nevermind ... I found it.  You do get a reward of 5 or 10 Camos for qualifying for Silver or Gold league respectively.  

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/updates-to-ranked-battles/

qualification.jpg

Thanx for digging that up... I'll edit my OP to let those interested in the camos that they're what you can get...do you know the type/stats of those camos (they just look like type 5 camos...but a lot of camos look similar so just checking).

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
2 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Thanx for digging that up... I'll edit my OP to let those interested in the camos that they're what you can get...do you know the type/stats of those camos (they just look like type 5 camos...but a lot of camos look similar so just checking).

Look like Type 3's  (I called it 5 at first also).  Just updated my post.

[PVE]
Members
7,576 posts
23,591 battles
6 minutes ago, DocWalker said:

Look like Type 3's  (I called it 5 at first also).  Just updated my post.

Haven't heard of type 3 before (didn't usually go beyong rank 11 for the pity doubloons)...Thanx (they are better than type 5 by a lot though).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
3 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

The Gulf naturally seeps 1-5 million barrels of oil annually. That is a pittance in comparison. This is also why the gulf is rich in oil consuming bacteria.

I remember my dad telling me about that probably over 40 or more years ago ... he was an offshore manager for a large oil company until retirement.  If you grew up on the Third Coast back when I did, you'd remember those little tar balls that would sometimes get between your toes ... those were natural and occurred long before any major oil spills in the Gulf.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,268 posts

I did not get into the gulf until assigned loads took me that way in my early 20's All of it from that first run to today has and is continuing to be a education. If one is very careful with manners and able to help others you will find the Gulf Coast to be a pretty wonderful place. HOWEVER. For every Paradise you discover, you will understand that there are small places that are so evil and crime ridden where you cannot stay for even a hour. You may lose your assets, your life or worse.

I use Baltimore as a example. Late 1950's time, everything is swept, shipshape, all trash picked up and all the children are in disclipined enjoying life...

Baltimore today. Essentially a drug and violent wasteland after those who were able managed to escape it since the 80's (Myself and my family included. We totaled 300+ who GTFO of there and many more children were born and raised since those bad years. They are now working on marriage and raising children of their own. Baltimore means nothing to them.

I wipe a tear when I see it today. Its not just a failed city with politics and leadership that has not changed since the 60's riots that tried to over throw them. Its also a symptom of a failed Nation (The USA) and at some point will be demolished to bare grass with the land and dirt more valuable than the old homes and businesses that once stood on it.