You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
jags_domain

German T8 CV T8 IJN CV same?

8 comments in this topic

[SGSS]
Members
5,559 posts

Both planes seem to die just as fast.  

IJN torps do more damage even though there are only 2.  At least IJN has some defence against DD were Germans really do not except for a torp if you get lucky.

Are they essentially the same?  If not what's the difference

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,567 posts
25,658 battles

IMO, Shokaku is more rounded against DDs (HE rockets) and Battleships (Torpedoes, AP Bombs).

AVP on the German side is more catered to Cruisers (AP rockets) and Battleships (AP Bombs, Torps).  Videos I see of German CV players seems to suggest that target selection preference.

• Cool 1

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
957 posts
7,568 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

Both planes seem to die just as fast.  

IJN torps do more damage even though there are only 2.  At least IJN has some defence against DD were Germans really do not except for a torp if you get lucky.

Are they essentially the same?  If not what's the difference

56 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

IMO, Shokaku is more rounded against DDs (HE rockets) and Battleships (Torpedoes, AP Bombs).

AVP on the German side is more catered to Cruisers (AP rockets) and Battleships (AP Bombs, Torps).  Videos I see of German CV players seems to suggest that target selection preference.

What haze said.

German is more tailored for cruisers and battleships. 

Torps are for destroyers per design but it's best to have an allied DD working on the destroyer as well. 

AP rockets on cruisers is best when the cruiser is parked, in reverse, or just can't show broadside to your allies. More opportunistic CV.

[SGSS]
Members
5,559 posts
25 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

What haze said.

German is more tailored for cruisers and battleships. 

Torps are for destroyers per design but it's best to have an allied DD working on the destroyer as well. 

AP rockets on cruisers is best when the cruiser is parked, in reverse, or just can't show broadside to your allies. More opportunistic CV.

True

I have not learned how to citadel with rockets yet. Get a decent percent of DD torp hit.

Was just surprised how fast the planes die. Gaff you get your planes back because of speed.  But tech tree they just die.

Its nice to have heal on both 

The other suprise os when I finally got planes up graded just a few points of HP and they live alot longer.

Edited by jags_domain

[NUWES]
Members
3,356 posts
12,074 battles
8 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

Ture.

I have not learned how to citadel with rockets yet. Get a for percent of DD torp hit.

Was just surprised how fast the planes die. Gaff you get your planes back because of speed.  But tech tree they just die.

The other suprise os when I finally got planes up graded just a few points of HP and they live alot longer.

If you are moving to the upgraded from stock, they likely are also faster which helps them stay alive longer.

As for citadeling with rockets, I have never found that to be reliable. I grinded the German CVs up when they came out and I just regrinded them for reserch bureau points. In practice I rarely use the German rocket planes. They do little damage against DDs or BBs and cruisers who pay attention and maneuver can mitigate them as well. 

As others said, the IJN CVs are much more versatile. The rockets don't hit particularly hard but they are consistent performers against all classes. The torps are VERY good and hit hard, and the AP bombs are reliable. 

[-TKS-]
[-TKS-]
Members
957 posts
7,568 battles
1 hour ago, jags_domain said:

True

I have not learned how to citadel with rockets yet. Get a decent percent of DD torp hit.

I will show you if you want just message me in game and I'll stream a session. 

Long game short, aim right where the water meets the ship on the side. Go to the German aircraft carrier sub forum and you'll find some posts I made testing the citadel potential for the rockets

[SGSS]
Members
5,559 posts
11 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

I will show you if you want just message me in game and I'll stream a session. 

Long game short, aim right where the water meets the ship on the side. Go to the German aircraft carrier sub forum and you'll find some posts I made testing the citadel potential for the rockets

Nice thanks

Members
3,959 posts
43,496 battles

I just practice really hard to hit DDs with torps and you end up surprising a lot of DDs. Because some matches, you can literally fly over a DD and they won't hit their AA at all because they think you won't sink them. But I swing back around and bam!

Then I get that red comms chat reply with the "argh! that is *****!"

Always practice on the hardest thing to hit to the easiest.

That way when you go in a match, you become very adept at attacking just about everything and your team will think you are some genius player Smurf.