You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

To Lutjens/Kuznetkov or not.............

26 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,692 posts

With the rework and the fact that you can move commanders amongst every class I am thinking of adding both of these to my collection.

I have all the coal ships I want right now... basically I have too many ships ( 206) now to even be able to focus on them so really no need for more unless they it's some awesome new coal ship that I just can't pass on.

I've banked 432K Coal waiting for such a ship.

Problem is these 2 come in at 10 points.  That is a MUCH longer way to elite than it was just last month.

I was wondering if new commanders would come with at least another point after the rework but no... 

Would be a good move I think...

• Cool 2

[SALVO]
Members
6,529 posts
5,206 battles

I would go without doubts for the captains if I had the resources at hand. Now is the perfect moment with retrainings on the cheap for 50 dubs

[EQRN]
Members
2,193 posts
19,505 battles

Kuznetsov got nerfed since his bonus to Jack of All Trades was made useless.  In reality you’re only getting the emergency heal when you’re nearly dead.  I don’t think that’s worth the coal.  Lutjens came out the better of the two, IMO, and the multi builds are more useful for his bonuses.

• Cool 2

[WAIFU]
Members
849 posts
11,408 battles

get them. they are must have captains imo. Look to see where they are going. I have both and idk how many times ive won games due to their skills. one allows you to utlitize the pure dpm hindenberg and mainz brings to the table and the other allows you to basically survive with a heal buff on top of if you have another heal to spare.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,230 posts
12,066 battles

I don't know it's a long grind to get to 21 now even from 10 . Do you have commander XP saved ? If not that's a tuff grind I have 200k coal but I blew all my commander XP moving two 19 point commanders to 21 . So if I bye now it's going take a quite a while to move him up . Plus  you cant move any of your other 19 point commanders to 21 while working on the unique commander . Its not good unless you have tons of commander XP saved .

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,569 posts
16 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I don't know it's a long grind to get to 21 now even from 10 . Do you have commander XP saved ? If not that's a tuff grind I have 200k coal but I blew all my commander XP moving two 19 point commanders to 21 . So if I bye now it's going take a quite a while to move him up . Plus  you cant move any of your other 19 point commanders to 21 while working on the unique commander . Its not good unless you have tons of commander XP saved .

It's not ever going to get easier or faster.  If you want him at 21, you have grind it either using him, or another 21, either way.

The only one I am missing (that's currently available) is Kuz.  He is going to be my next coal pickup.  I have the coal right now, but I am waiting to see if the new skip bomber CV is going to be coal.  If not, I will grab him the same day and start the grind.

It's not a rush for me, he will get there when he gets there. He never will though, if I don't begin.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,230 posts
12,066 battles
1 hour ago, Burnsy said:

It's not ever going to get easier or faster.  If you want him at 21, you have grind it either using him, or another 21, either way.

The only one I am missing (that's currently available) is Kuz.  He is going to be my next coal pickup.  I have the coal right now, but I am waiting to see if the new skip bomber CV is going to be coal.  If not, I will grab him the same day and start the grind.

It's not a rush for me, he will get there when he gets there. He never will though, if I don't begin.

I think I am only missing the British commander . He seems to be more for the CVs so I left him for last . I guess your right  it's never going to get easier . It's just so painful paying 175K coal for a commander !

Edited by clammboy

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

I was thinking a similar thing, Col ... I have all the commanders except Lutgens and Auboyneau.  And since I'm not into French DDs ... only Lutgens is interesting

Also have about 202 ships ... but so far I've only finalized on about 6 ships and commanders that I'm regularly playing.  The rest I'll probably put off until things shake out some more

Also got all the coal ships that are going away ... and nothing else holds interests ... except maybe Black when/if it finally shows up

Thanks for putting this question out there ... it's always good (at least interesting) to see what others are thinking atm 

What's that old Chinese curse?  May you live in interesting times ...

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,692 posts
3 hours ago, clammboy said:

I have about 3.6M Left after taking Jerzy S to 21... still have other special commanders @19 pnts to look at as well. If I get them it will be a while before they make 21

[A-D-F]
8,569 posts
2 hours ago, clammboy said:

I think I am only missing the British commander . He seems to be more for the CVs so I left him for last . I guess your right  it's never going to get easier . It's just so painful paying 175K coal for a commander !

It really is, it's strange to spend that much coal and not have a shiney new ship in your port and a thinking involved before you click that button.

I view it as a good captain is really more beneficial than a new ship though because not only are those buffs going to be there for every battle I use him, but for every ship I put him in.  Now that we can put them in any premium ship of a nation, I think their value actually increased with the rework.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,889 posts
16,962 battles

Lutjens is IMHO a good deal if you're heavily invested in German premium cruisers, destroyers, carriers AND battleships with at least one tech-tree ship to make his home base in, and you play the hell out of all of them, all the time.

I have at least one KM premium of each type, but I don't play them enough to justify blowing that much coal on him. 

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,230 posts
12,066 battles
33 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I have about 3.6M Left after taking Jerzy S to 21... still have other special commanders @19 pnts to look at as well. If I get them it will be a while before they make 21

It would have been nice if they gave you back 50% commander XP for selling your 19 point captains 25% is bad . I have a lot of 19 pointers I could sell because I have a lot of premiums . I had six 19 point French commanders and probable 6 more German 19 point commanders . I play mostly premiums so I don't need them all but selling them at such a discounted rate just bugs me .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,692 posts
4 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Lutjens is IMHO a good deal if you're heavily invested in German premium cruisers, destroyers, carriers AND battleships with at least one tech-tree ship to make his home base in, and you play the hell out of all of them, all the time.

I have at least one KM premium of each type, but I don't play them enough to justify blowing that much coal on him. 

Yeah I have plenty of ships for them..  earlier I had it backwards.  I didn't realize we should put our best commanders in Tech tree ships THEN use them in our premiums.  I was thinking the opposite.   

[GOB]
Members
2,692 posts
Just now, clammboy said:

It would have been nice if they gave you back 50% commander XP for selling your 19 point captains but 25% is bad . I have a lot of 19 pointers I could sell because I have a lot of premiums . I had six 19 point French commanders and probable 6 more German 19 point commanders . I play mostly premiums so I don't need them all but selling them at such a discounted rate just bugs me .

As it should.  This is the worst part of this whole thing that makes me not like what WG did.  

ALL of that hard work that they put a high value on that we did  to GET to 19 is suddenly almost worthless to them now.

Like a shady car dealer that sells you " The Best car in the world "  For a ton of cash because it's so great, then when you come back in 30 days to trade it in they say " What?? That old thing?? It has a horrible reputation and there is no market for those at all ... sorry"

Kinda how it feels

• Cool 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,230 posts
12,066 battles
12 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

As it should.  This is the worst part of this whole thing that makes me not like what WG did.  

ALL of that hard work that they put a high value on that we did  to GET to 19 is suddenly almost worthless to them now.

Like a shady car dealer that sells you " The Best car in the world "  For a ton of cash because it's so great, then when you come back in 30 days to trade it in they say " What?? That old thing?? It has a horrible reputation and there is no market for those at all ... sorry"

Kinda how it feels

Yes literally the second you drive your new car out of the dealership it's value drops 30% it's a joke . It's to bad because the one captain being able to go on 4 types of premium ships was such a good idea and so cool . They just needed to take it one step farther and helps us with selling of at least the 19 point captains . Give a bonus for any 19 pointers you turn in or just knock down the price of the last 2 skills to some thing reasonable and it would have been great .

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 2

[DVYJC]
Members
3,799 posts
9,384 battles
5 hours ago, clammboy said:

Cunningham's most useful skill is IMO getting an extra consumable stack for two kills. Useful on any ship class.

I like Auboyneau for destroyers because each cap ribbon is another 1% fire chance, which can get ridiculous fast since it's stackable.

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,692 posts
2 hours ago, cmdr_bigdog said:

It will take 2,725,000 captain xp for them to max out. 

Hmmm Interesting!  I didn't do the math.. 

I have other specials that are at 19 already so they will only take 2.4 to max 2 of those...

Decisions.

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
302 posts
8,899 battles

I seem to remember something to the effect of retiring unused or excess captains and being able to convert their accumulated XP through a doubloon or silver conversion.   However, I don't seem to be able to find any such feature on the port / captain(s) interface.

[SRBL]
Members
539 posts
13,934 battles
15 hours ago, clammboy said:

Cunningham is great on DDs. You can easily unlock both of his skills with 2 kills and 2 floodings. The extra heal/hydro/smoke and range boost are very helpful, especially on Daring and Cossack.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,634 posts
25,091 battles
6 minutes ago, Kraayt said:

I seem to remember something to the effect of retiring unused or excess captains and being able to convert their accumulated XP through a doubloon or silver conversion.   However, I don't seem to be able to find any such feature on the port / captain(s) interface.

When you select the captain it gives you several options. One is to "dismiss". When you select that option, there are three things you can do. Dismiss normally, no XP gain. Dismiss and buy 25% of the XP back using credits, and then dismiss using doubloons for 100% of the XP. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
302 posts
8,899 battles

tyvm

[A-D-F]
8,569 posts
50 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Pick Me Pick Me

I plan on it but can you hit the books and level yourself up to 21 points?