Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BugsBunni

Wuking and Alsace

19 comments in this topic

Members
235 posts

From what I see they are identical other than Wuking is a premium?

However that Wuking camo is awful in my opinion. According to the wiki site a tier 9 premium without camo still has better economy than a tree ship with permanent camo if I'm reading this right.

Can anyone confirm?

image.png.4f6d7114da190e329031b9ccb748ab16.png

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,348 posts
10,094 battles

tier 9 premiums across the board is half off servicing cost than the tech tree tier 9s, so yes they make better economy even if the service were to be the same since premium tier 9s earns more credits anyways.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
17,004 battles

Bearing in mind that the table is somewhat outdated because a fair number of tech-tree ships now DO have permanent camo (although generally awarded as part of a limited-time event, WITH THE EXCEPTION OF THE NEW YORK), the general thrust is correct. I can play my Georgia or Musashi in co-op all day long. If I try the same thing with the Lion or Neptune (two T9's for which I have permacamo), I need to have a good, productive battle to come home in the black. 

Members
235 posts

Thanks guys! I wanted to make sure I was reading this correctly. I didn't take into consideration the premium earns more too.

Does Wuking earn more even without the camo? I'm thinking I may get it and just run my camos in my inventory so I don't have to look at that one that comes with it.

Saves everyone else's eyes too :Smile_teethhappy:

[SIM]
Members
5,744 posts
9,263 battles
1 hour ago, BugsBunni said:

However that Wuking camo is awful in my opinion.

SHIP.png

• Haha 3

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,348 posts
10,094 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Be careful.  Wujing may not literally be a Premium Alsace.  It may have drastic differences the way Fen Yang is actually inferior to Akizuki.

Edit:  Dropping some Fitting Tool Links.  I haven't started comparing yet.

There's no difference between the two since the stats of Wujing is the same as Alsace and even has a disclaimer of balance changes if needed just like how they added that disclaimer for Arp Yamato as it is the exact same ship, but with a different status and skin.

[WOLF3]
Members
29,581 posts
25,666 battles
3 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

There's no difference between the two since the stats of Wujing is the same as Alsace and even has a disclaimer of balance changes if needed just like how they added that disclaimer for Arp Yamato as it is the exact same ship, but with a different status and skin.

If only they had given Fen Yang that courtesy.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,737 posts
12,346 battles

The other benefit is that it's a good power leveler for your Pan-Asian captains on a decent ship. If you have a Lo Yang but haven't had time to power level its captain, this would definitely be easier to play than an underleveled Lo Yang.

• Cool 1

[DMGS]
Members
108 posts
6,468 battles
1 hour ago, BugsBunni said:

Thanks guys! I wanted to make sure I was reading this correctly. I didn't take into consideration the premium earns more too.

Does Wuking earn more even without the camo? I'm thinking I may get it and just run my camos in my inventory so I don't have to look at that one that comes with it.

You know, you can turn off the visuals on these ships. It’s what I did with my Bajie and Wukong from last year. Uncheck the camo type in the port (gears icon on the right above your ships) and done!

Wukong and Bajie get Anshan-style green/white camouflage that way and look way nicer IMO.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,680 battles
2 hours ago, BugsBunni said:

The camo is just a standard T9 perma camo, a garrish one, but a standard one all the same. It gives the same -20% service fee reduction and +100% XP that all standard T9 permas give; including Alsace's.

Edited by AdmiralThunder

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,557 posts
4,771 battles
3 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

the table is somewhat outdated

Excuse me?  Are there any permacamos for TT T1,2,4 ships?  What else might be outdated?

Edited by iDuckman

Members
235 posts
1 hour ago, Firewalk said:

You know, you can turn off the visuals on these ships. It’s what I did with my Bajie and Wukong from last year. Uncheck the camo type in the port (gears icon on the right above your ships) and done!

Wukong and Bajie get Anshan-style green/white camouflage that way and look way nicer IMO.

Thank you! I forgot about this. I won the Wukung in a crate today and you're right.

This works for the Wuking too then I would guess?

[SIM]
Members
5,744 posts
9,263 battles
7 minutes ago, BugsBunni said:

Thank you! I forgot about this. I won the Wukung in a crate today and you're right.

This works for the Wuking too then I would guess?

Yes, you can remove the angry blue man from Wujing, heretic. :etc_red_button:

shot-21.01.29_18.27.33-0625.jpg

Members
235 posts
5 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Yes, you can remove the angry blue man from Wujing, heretic. :etc_red_button:

shot-21.01.29_18.27.33-0625.jpg

Yes, that looks better! 

I think I may get her now :BB:

• Cool 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
17,004 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Excuse me?  Are there any permacamos for TT T1,2,4 ships?  What else might be outdated?

NVM misread the table, going seriously blind. Leave you to work out the cause. :Smile_hiding:

[DMGS]
Members
108 posts
6,468 battles

Quick picture of Sanzang with visuals off for those who’d like to see!

DEAE0AD9-E6E8-4913-960E-22745BB7AB5E.jpeg

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,818 posts
12,868 battles

:cap_popcorn:

Sign in to follow this