You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
KidK

Ships & Fires

18 comments in this topic

Members
14 posts
3,959 battles

Hey War Gaming staff!

Can you do something about how many times & how fast a ship can be lit on fire FCOL!

It seems every time I use the fire extinguisher I get lit back on fire....This is total [edited]!   And I'm talking about seconds after I put the fire out!

When you have all  players spamming HE rounds it gets very frustrating!  

• Haha 3

Members
2,161 posts
6,437 battles

One of the learning skills is how to mitigate fires. When to extinguish and when not to extinguish. All fire damage is repairable AP damage can not. I have not lost a ship to fire damage in over a year.

• Thanks 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[HINON]
Members
13,976 posts

If you are getting repeated back to back fires you are in a bad position. Always leave yourself an escape route to block enemy fire when you need to heal and use damage control. If you want to improve this, post some replays for constructive criticism.

Edited by RipNuN2
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 1

Members
174 posts
71 battles
46 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

One of the learning skills is how to mitigate fires. When to extinguish and when not to extinguish. All fire damage is repairable (if your ship has a repair party) AP damage can not. I have not lost a ship to fire damage in over a year.

Unless your ship doesn't have a repair party.   The OP didn't list/name any ships.

FT;FY

Edited by Pebcac
  • Cool 2

[PVE]
Members
7,576 posts
23,591 battles
1 hour ago, Pebcac said:

Unless your ship doesn't have a repair party.   The OP didn't list/name any ships.

FT;FY

Ninja'd...guess I can erase all that now :-) (almost word for word)

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,576 posts
23,591 battles
1 hour ago, Raven114 said:

One of the learning skills is how to mitigate fires. When to extinguish and when not to extinguish. All fire damage is repairable AP damage can not. I have not lost a ship to fire damage in over a year.

AKA..."I put the last fire out w/300 HP & got killed by a shell instead... I'm so OP".

Uh oh...angry emoji...think I hit a nerve.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,867 battles
2 hours ago, Raven114 said:

I have not lost a ship to fire damage in over a year.

Are you trying to claim you never got lit up when low on health? I can't count the times I have put out a fire that would kill me only to get lit up as soon as the immunity period ends.

Now HE spam and the fires from it is an issue but we have too many ships that need it to do well. The Smolensk is the poster ship for that but is far from the only one. How to fix it without creating more issues is the question. One thought is drastically reduce fire chance while giving it to all ammunition and make HE have low but guaranteed damage to make it the ammunition you use when AP is not working instead of a go to. Just a thought and not fleshed out.

• Cool 1

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,494 posts
14,963 battles
On 1/29/2021 at 12:02 PM, Raven114 said:

^^^^This

Though not dying to fire at all in a year seems pretty amazing, damage mitigation and juggling when to hit your DC or when to hit your RP can counteract a lot of this.

Members
3,966 posts
43,500 battles
On 1/29/2021 at 12:02 PM, Raven114 said:

7 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

^^^^This

Though not dying to fire at all in a year seems pretty amazing, damage mitigation and juggling when to hit your DC or when to hit your RP can counteract a lot of this.

That would be an amazing feat to pull off in an entire year.  I would like to know what ship, how many battles in a year, game mode, what skills, upgrades, techniques, animal sacrifices, how much fire resistant foam you sprayed down on your ship, etc.  Because if you got away with not burning down the entire year, then it was either magic or bull poop 💩.

[WOLF1]
Members
762 posts
1,783 battles
44 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

That would be an amazing feat to pull off in an entire year.  I would like to know what ship, how many battles in a year, game mode, what skills, upgrades, techniques, animal sacrifices, how much fire resistant foam you sprayed down on your ship, etc.  Because if you got away with not burning down the entire year, then it was either magic or bull poop 💩.

It’s a submarine without electrical systems....only hand cranked propulsion.......CSS Huntley

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,508 posts
22,060 battles
On 1/29/2021 at 2:46 PM, KidK said:

Hey War Gaming staff!

Can you do something about how many times & how fast a ship can be lit on fire FCOL!

It seems every time I use the fire extinguisher I get lit back on fire....This is total [edited]!   And I'm talking about seconds after I put the fire out!

When you have all  players spamming HE rounds it gets very frustrating!  

All ships that rely on HE will try to force you to use DCP, basically trying to set 2 fires on you, and then once you used DCP, try to set you on fire again.

Once the fire is permanent they will select another target

Depending on the ship you are steering, and the characteristics of its DCP, you will want to wait for 2 or even 3 fires before using it

[CVA16]
Members
6,083 posts
18,645 battles
13 hours ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Because if you got away with not burning down the entire year, then it was either magic or bull poop

I know I rarely die to fires in a DD. Usually because I die of other causes first.

[_BDA_]
Members
487 posts
7,513 battles

I'd like to know why starting fires doesn't seem to work for me and so well for everybody else (especially bots).  I've gone into battle with Cleveland flagged for fires (old Captain skills) and scored over a hundred HE hits with one or 2 fires, while it seems like every salvo I receive starts a fire... maybe 2.

Edited by michael_zahnle
  • Thanks 1

[CVA16]
Members
6,083 posts
18,645 battles
51 minutes ago, michael_zahnle said:

I'd like to know why starting fires doesn't seem to work for me and so well for everybody else (especially bots).  I've gone into battle with Cleveland flagged for fires (old Captain skills) and scored over a hundred HE hits with one or 2 fires, while it seems like every salvo I receive starts a fire... maybe 2.

I know, it is supposed to be more blessed to give than receive but it rarely seems to work that way.

For me especially, I can start that first fire (even 2) but the target DCPs and I have a hell of a time getting  any more fires.

Members
3,966 posts
43,500 battles
21 hours ago, michael_zahnle said:

Old Spice has more alcohol than the typical bot cologne of Razor Obsession.

You are more flammable.

[_BDA_]
Members
487 posts
7,513 battles
25 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Old Spice has more alcohol than the typical bot cologne of Razor Obsession.

You are more flammable.

Must be the paint we use for camo ships.