You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tangofan

New commander skills and captain trainer ships

3 comments in this topic

[NWO-1]
Members
77 posts
3,539 battles

In the past some ships (like Massachusetts) were considered a bad captain trainer, since their commander needed a special skills build.  With the new skills tree and the apparent fact that each commander can learn separate skills per ship types I am wondering, if that is somewhat less of a problem going forward.

For example taking the Massachusetts (and leaving the viability of a secondary build aside for a moment): While it still might not be a good captain trainer for a USN BB captain, it seems to me that training USN DD, CL, CA or CV captains on her would be just fine. If that is correct that would also somewhat lessen the utility of and the need for getting a premium ship of every type in the tech tree nations  one is playing in.

Am I understanding this correctly  or am I missing something here?

[WOLFG]
Members
31,969 posts
9,887 battles
6 minutes ago, tangofan said:

In the past some ships (like Massachusetts) were considered a bad captain trainer, since their commander needed a special skills build.  With the new skills tree and the apparent fact that each commander can learn separate skills per ship types I am wondering, if that is somewhat less of a problem going forward.

For example taking the Massachusetts (and leaving the viability of a secondary build aside for a moment): While it still might not be a good captain trainer for a USN BB captain, it seems to me that training USN DD, CL, CA or CV captains on her would be just fine. If that is correct that would also somewhat lessen the utility of and the need for getting a premium ship of every type in the tech tree nations  one is playing in.

:cap_like:

[SALVO]
Members
6,633 posts
5,231 battles
37 minutes ago, tangofan said:

That's correct.

On the strict interpretation, one and only one premium ship per nation is enough to solve all your training necessities.