Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
WM1957

21 point commander idea

5 comments in this topic

[PHD]
Members
265 posts
8,333 battles

Currently, each 21 point commander can be used on all of the premium and special ships of a nation and specialized for one tech tree ship. It would be great if the 21 point commanders could be specially trained for one tech tree ship of each type. So you could have a 21 point commander move freely among the premium and special ships of a nation and 4 tech tree ships of that nation; one battleship, one cruiser, one destroyer, and one aircraft carrier and move freely among them..

Any comments?

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,208 posts
22,715 battles

That would be great but I think WG decided on the current setup to encourage spending when re-training a captain. Sure, retraining by ECXP is halved now but not many have the ECXP banked for a lot or retrainings. WG knows this and is expecting doubloon sales to happen. It's all about the money.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,890 posts
18,799 battles

I have always been of the mind that once you have paid for the commander to be on a ship, they should be able to go back to that ship any time.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,208 posts
22,715 battles
3 hours ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I have always been of the mind that once you have paid for the commander to be on a ship, they should be able to go back to that ship any time.

I've liked that idea for a while. I would be happy if they even limited to ship type. If you trained your captain on New York and continued to train him on all BB to Montana then he should remain trained on all of those BB. I can see the same not being true of training on a DD then moving to BB. Going back to DD would require retraining. 

Sign in to follow this