Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lose_dudes

Deadeye OP

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Banned
862 posts
1,050 battles

FIrst, I want you to know deadeye is OP.

No, actually. It gives you a 10% bonus when no ships spotted... OMG 10% DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH THAT IS? Ok. So if a BB had 10 accuracy before, it would have 11 now! DO YOU REALIZE HOW BIG THE NUMBER '1' IS? All it took was 1 extra horseshoe nail to lose a country! With that 1 extra, any bb noob can just hop on a Monarch and totally DOMINATE the battlefield. This 10% bonus is all it takes to DELETE the enemy team. For those of you who disagree, I hope you run into a deadeye bb in close-quarters combat someday.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,439
[-RNG-]
Members
3,240 posts
6,608 battles
5 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

I hope you run into a deadeye bb in close-quarters combat someday.

I think we all hope that, seeing as you would then be facing a 17 point captain maximum:Smile_amazed:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,715
[D-DAY]
Members
7,407 posts

OP....the only OP I worry about is the 'OverPowering' urge some may have to choose this skill and then play from the back more. I mean, can there be more that play from the back? Surely those that do not play to the strengths of the ship are so few that this would never happen. :Smile_smile:

However, if people play to the strength of the ships, I think as a skill this is not so bad. My only negative issue is how WG introduced the skill, whilst hitting the counter balancing 'secondary' builds. Instead of having happy players in whatever type BB they wanted to play (one that goes forward, or one that operates further back), they strengthened one area and removed attributes from the other. 

 

With one long range type skill and the introduction of dazzle to help DD survival I would have been - yeah, ok. But they had to :etc_swear: with the secondary builds. Oh well - smile and carry on playing! :Smile_honoring:

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,590
[PVE]
Members
10,582 posts
28,046 battles
1 hour ago, _BBaby said:

I think we all hope that, seeing as you would then be facing a 13 point captain maximum:Smile_amazed:

FTFY...CE skill (mandatory for Deadeye builds) also gets cancelled out in close quarters (not to mention also cancelling out the Concealment mod).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,002 posts
8,620 battles
1 hour ago, Lose_dudes said:

FIrst, I want you to know deadeye is OP.

No, actually. It gives you a 10% bonus when no ships spotted... OMG 10% DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH THAT IS? Ok. So if a BB had 10 accuracy before, it would have 11 now! DO YOU REALIZE HOW BIG THE NUMBER '1' IS? All it took was 1 extra horseshoe nail to lose a country! With that 1 extra, any bb noob can just hop on a Monarch and totally DOMINATE the battlefield. This 10% bonus is all it takes to DELETE the enemy team. For those of you who disagree, I hope you run into a deadeye bb in close-quarters combat someday.

Ah but one on a 12 gun ship could be another 15k damage.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,073
[GGWP]
Privateers
7,955 posts
20,353 battles
1 hour ago, Lose_dudes said:

FIrst, I want you to know deadeye is OP.

No, actually. It gives you a 10% bonus when no ships spotted... OMG 10% DO YOU REALIZE HOW MUCH THAT IS? Ok. So if a BB had 10 accuracy before, it would have 11 now! DO YOU REALIZE HOW BIG THE NUMBER '1' IS? All it took was 1 extra horseshoe nail to lose a country! With that 1 extra, any bb noob can just hop on a Monarch and totally DOMINATE the battlefield. This 10% bonus is all it takes to DELETE the enemy team. For those of you who disagree, I hope you run into a deadeye bb in close-quarters combat someday.

You are actually out on your maths. If both vertical and horizontal dispersion are -10%, how much smaller is your ellipse? Hint: much more than 10%.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,200
[WOLFG]
Members
15,626 posts
16,801 battles
24 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

You are actually out on your maths. If both vertical and horizontal dispersion are -10%, how much smaller is your ellipse? Hint: much more than 10%.

Is there anyplace vertical dispersion is listed?

Horizontal dispersion is the one that is posted right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,154
[ARR0W]
Members
5,097 posts
29,757 battles
1 hour ago, DuckyShot said:

You are actually out on your maths. If both vertical and horizontal dispersion are -10%, how much smaller is your ellipse? Hint: much more than 10%.

Sooo correct. 

landa being landa | Quentin tarantino movies, Movie director, Christoph  waltz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,434
[TOOF]
Banned
1,424 posts
11,497 battles

Some people are just too clueless to realize how clueless they are.

They would need tonbe relatively smart to even understand how wrong they are.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,073
[GGWP]
Privateers
7,955 posts
20,353 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Is there anyplace vertical dispersion is listed?

Horizontal dispersion is the one that is posted right?

It's now split out in wowsft from the API, but I don't believe it's shown in the game ui still. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×