You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Taco_De_Moist

Armament Reload Expert

9 comments in this topic

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles

What exactly are the conditions for the main battery active skill "really"?

I currently, pass this skill up and go for a secondary/survivability hybrid.  The opportunities for brawls are so limited I really don't see an opportunity for "return" on the passive -10% to secondary reload. 

i.e. Take the Massachusetts for example.  The passive -10% to secondaries provides the following.

Reload difference of
.38 (3.8s without, 3.42s with)

Considering 2 minutes of continuous fire.  Each gun can fire 31.5 and 35 rounds respectively in 2 minutes.

W/O
31.5 X 20 = 632
With
35 X 20 = 702

70 shell difference in 2 minutes of continuous secondary fire.  I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't cracked 1000 secondary rounds fired in any secondary ship since the rework, so frankly I really only see that part of the skill having value if you are firing massive amounts of rounds. We also have to consider it starts to matter a little less if you are getting secondary opportunities  in spurts.

So for this to be a 4pt skill the activated part really has to be the "selling point" in my opinion.

According to the skill a ship has to be detected in your secondary range.  The vast majority of the time I only really see this happening is a DD getting lit up within your secondary range.  Who will no doubt drop off as fast as he can.

How long does the activation last? Is it permanent at that point? Does it last till the ship drops off detection? I have no idea.  I think this skill would be very worth it if the condition was a ship being visible in your secondary range, but considering they use both words in different skills (i.e. dead eye) I assume that is not the case.

[NG-NL]
Members
6,378 posts
10,471 battles

I use this on all my secondary build BBs. It is helpful when brawling.

A sneaky way to use this is close within secondary range of a red hiding behind island then enjoy the MB reload buff while it lasts.

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
12 minutes ago, Reymu said:

1. I use this on all my secondary build BBs. It is helpful when brawling.

2. A sneaky way to use this is close within secondary range of a red hiding behind island then  enjoy the MB reload buff while it lasts.

1. Again, the potential secondary damage output simply isn't worth 4 points.  In the scheme of things for a typical amount of brawling you are talking getting an extra 2 maybe 3k damage in a match.  Is that worth 4 pts to you?

2. Yeah, therein lies my question.  What are the parameters for it "lasting".  

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

[SALVO]
Members
6,641 posts
5,247 battles
3 hours ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

According to the skill a ship has to be detected in your secondary range.  The vast majority of the time I only really see this happening is a DD getting lit up within your secondary range.  Who will no doubt drop off as fast as he can.

How long does the activation last? Is it permanent at that point? Does it last till the ship drops off detection? I have no idea.  I think this skill would be very worth it if the condition was a ship being visible in your secondary range, but considering they use both words in different skills (i.e. dead eye) I assume that is not the case.

This one is pretty self explanatory. IF your secondaries are firing (considering you have them active), your main battery has a -10% reload. 

How long does it last? as long as your secondaries keep firing. Not much mystery in this one.

[DRAH]
Members
402 posts
10,085 battles

The value of this skill lies in the speeding of the main battery reload not in faster secondaries. Faster secondaries are a nice bonus but you use this to get Main battery reload down to crazy levels.

E.g. Bismark has a base reload of 26 seconds if I remember.

Take 10% off that and we are down to 23.4 seconds when withing 11.5km

Take adrenaline rush and be heavily damaged and you can get your reload down to close to 20 seconds! That is Scharnhorst or Jean Bart MBRB levels of reload.

[SGSS]
Members
5,585 posts
7 hours ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

What exactly are the conditions for the main battery active skill "really"?

I currently, pass this skill up and go for a secondary/survivability hybrid.  The opportunities for brawls are so limited I really don't see an opportunity for "return" on the passive -10% to secondary reload. 

i.e. Take the Massachusetts for example.  The passive -10% to secondaries provides the following.

Reload difference of
.38 (3.8s without, 3.42s with)

Considering 2 minutes of continuous fire.  Each gun can fire 31.5 and 35 rounds respectively in 2 minutes.

W/O
31.5 X 20 = 632
With
35 X 20 = 702

70 shell difference in 2 minutes of continuous secondary fire.  I don't know about anyone else, but I haven't cracked 1000 secondary rounds fired in any secondary ship since the rework, so frankly I really only see that part of the skill having value if you are firing massive amounts of rounds. We also have to consider it starts to matter a little less if you are getting secondary opportunities  in spurts.

So for this to be a 4pt skill the activated part really has to be the "selling point" in my opinion.

Maybe sec were to powerful so WG decided to correct that.

[PVE]
Members
13,205 posts
27,690 battles
2 hours ago, Ellyh said:

The value of this skill lies in the speeding of the main battery reload not in faster secondaries. Faster secondaries are a nice bonus but you use this to get Main battery reload down to crazy levels.

E.g. Bismark has a base reload of 26 seconds if I remember.

Take 10% off that and we are down to 23.4 seconds when withing 11.5km

Take adrenaline rush and be heavily damaged and you can get your reload down to close to 20 seconds! That is Scharnhorst or Jean Bart MBRB levels of reload.

This ^^^

It is amazing on BB's with a fast reload to start with and helps any BB if you push and get within secondary range (you will want the +20% sec range skill if you do this). -10% to main gun reload is big.

I can see where this may not be as good for PVP with how people want to sit in spawn and snipe each other but if you play Co-op or Op's, or you actually move up and fight in PVP, it is great.

It is crazy on Republique for example

• Base reload = 24.0 sec
  • Reload w/ MBM3 = 21.1 sec (19.7 sec w/ the LM - but the main gun range loss is brutal at -24%)
  • Secondary Range w/ LRSBS (+20%) and flag (+5%) = 12.5km
  • Reload w/ CQC and enemy ship spotted within 12.5km = 19 sec (18.99)

If you add AR that reload can get down to crazy fast levels. I had a game where I was beat up pretty good and the reload was about 17 sec. That is about the same as or even faster than some Cruisers (Goliath for example = 18.5 sec) and the Large Cruisers.

[SGSS]
Members
5,585 posts

Is it possible that sec were to powerful so they corrected that?

Sec ships are still alot more fun than hanging in the back shooting.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,565 posts
4,771 battles
8 hours ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

Armament Reload Expert

No such skill.  Are you talking about

Close Quarters Combat

More secondary firepower and, when an enemy ship is spotted within the range of the secondary batteries, a main battery bonus is activated. -10% reload time of secondary batteries.
When activated:
-10% reload time of main battery.