You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Journey to the West: New Ships and Containers!

26 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,494 posts
14,963 battles

Legendary heroes of the classic novel are back in World of Warships! Some of them are new, others are probably already familiar to you.

Read it on the portal
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[1EJ]
Members
119 posts
25,034 battles

Ships with a face and some cartoonish character visage are for the 4-8 year olds and there should be a separate server for them. Call it the Kiddie Court.

I certainly won't waste time nor resources on this crap.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 12

[KWF]
Members
5,585 posts
6,892 battles

So I guess the new doubloon record is 76.850 for a bundle. Waiting on the 100k doubloon milestone.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
25 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

So I guess the new doubloon record is 76.850 for a bundle. Waiting on the 100k doubloon milestone.

Wanna bet you won't have to wait long? Inflation and all. 

• Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
5,585 posts
6,892 battles
23 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Wanna bet you won't have to wait long? Inflation and all. 

Oh yeah, I bet within 2021 it will happen if 2020 was anything to go by.

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts
11 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Oh yeah, I bet within 2021 it will happen if 2020 was anything to go by.

It is literally, to me, staggering the amount of money people spend on WoWS. Staggering. 

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
5,585 posts
6,892 battles
17 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

It is literally, to me, staggering the amount of money people spend on WoWS. Staggering. 

I mean, people are allowed to do whatever they want with their money. That said, considering WG can assign whichever value it wants into it's paid digital content I just can't understand as well how much value someone would get out of some of these bundles. What's more is that popularity of such bundles may be encouraging even more of these practicees, though that's a story for a different time.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PRIC]
Beta Testers
11 posts
6,131 battles

I bought 7 and won wujing and a bit of gold. Rolled it back in and got the other tier 9.

Clan mate bought 10 and won wujing! Is this a glitch? Are other people getting same resukts?

[O_S_D]
Members
225 posts
17,711 battles

I opened my free Journey to the West container and got the T9 Wujing.  Better than a stick in the eye.  :cap_win:

• Cool 1

[CRF]
Members
953 posts
8,927 battles

Is Wujing the new Makarov?  People want to know!:cap_cool:

Edit:

What I am saying here is that it seems that the Wujing is popping out of the crates as many time as the Makarov did in the earlier event....I know it's the Alsace clone, and I kind of like that ship anyway.  The Makarov is the Nurnberg, and the Nurnberg is one of my favorite glass cannons in the game, tho I prefer the earlier hulls with more torpedoes.

Edited by sonoasailor
  • Boring 1

Members
19 posts
10,339 battles

Got my first Journey to the West container by checking in every day. Opened my container and received 250 Doubloons. Nice haul for just showing up and playing a few games.

Went to the Armory to check prices and discovered they are 1250 Doubloons a piece. Thanks for the warning on what you might get for your 1250. 

You talked me out of a bad deal and I appreciate that. Thank you. Truthfulness should be encouraged and I applaud you.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
733 battles
5 hours ago, STALKER_1EJ said:

Ships with a face and some cartoonish character visage are for the 4-8 year olds and there should be a separate server for them. Call it the Kiddie Court.

I certainly won't waste time nor resources on this crap.

I hope you realized the Ming chinese wrote this 500 years before Moby [edited]

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[PRIC]
Beta Testers
11 posts
6,131 battles
2 hours ago, sonoasailor said:

Its the Alsace

[CRF]
Members
953 posts
8,927 battles

Against my better judgement, I went and bought the 6 crate pack od the Journey crates in the Armory..  They dropped 20 Lunar Warrior camos, 1250 doubloons, 8 days premium time and the Bajie, the Wujing AND the Sanzang.  Probably have used up all my allotment for the year of good RNG....now how the hell does one play a CV...

• Cool 1

[TAZ]
Members
860 posts

@Hapa_Fodder

Do you have any idea when Pan Asian vessel will get to fly dual flags; also since the RM battleship release s soon,  when will the RM vessels get to fly dual flags?

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,576 posts
23,591 battles
4 hours ago, _CrocJaw said:

Got my first Journey to the West container by checking in every day. Opened my container and received 250 Doubloons. Nice haul for just showing up and playing a few games.

Went to the Armory to check prices and discovered they are 1250 Doubloons a piece. Thanks for the warning on what you might get for your 1250. 

You talked me out of a bad deal and I appreciate that. Thank you. Truthfulness should be encouraged and I applaud you.

The in game free containers are just regular containers...the purchasable ones are premium containers & have an equal 1250 doubloon drop rate for the 1250 doubloons purchase price.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
31 posts
21,621 battles
2 hours ago, Nutaz said:

@Hapa_Fodder

Do you have any idea when Pan Asian vessel will get to fly dual flags; also since the RM battleship release s soon,  when will the RM vessels get to fly dual flags?

^^^ This

The only interesting one (to me) is Bajie; it's an Izumo but tweaked to have higher main battery sigma & range, at the cost of worse turret traverse & slightly longer reload. Wukong is essentially a Charles Martel but with deepwater torps, torp reload booster (instead of MBRB), spotter plane (instead of fighter), and Def. AA (instead of the choice to run hydro) and no speed boost. Both Bajie & Wukong released last year.

These new Pan Asian premiums Sanzang & Wujing, from what I can tell, are a copy/paste Saipan & Alsace. It would have been really neat if they gave Sanzang & Wujing some Pan Asian flavor, like aerial deepwater torps on Sanzang with high flood chance but the inability to hit destroyers, or Wujing with some tweaks to make it different from Alsace. Something. That being said, if you really love your Alsace & want a premium version of it, Wujing might be right up your alley.

Protip: Sanzang benefits from having either Da Rong or Quan Rong as a commander, they have improved Survivability Expert & Demo Expert, the fire chance on those HE bombs get to 72% with Demo Expert & flags.

• Cool 2

[WHARF]
Members
319 posts
18,738 battles

not wasting my hard earned cash on this.....

• Boring 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,638 posts
25,099 battles

I have gotten some of the free ones and I am happy to have them for the oil. But from what I received inside them, there is no good reason to actually pay for them. The contents are crap. 

Edited by Taylor3006
  • Haha 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
733 battles
On 1/30/2021 at 10:02 AM, Taylor3006 said:

I have gotten some of the free ones and I am happy to have them for the oil. But from what I received inside them, there is no good reason to actually pay for them. The contents are crap. 

Oof. RNG really hates you huh?

RNG dragged me for 3 days when I tried to get a coal ship.

[MR-1]
Members
1,695 posts
21,932 battles
On 1/29/2021 at 9:15 AM, sonoasailor said:

the T8 is a charles martel the T9 is an alsace so there both french ships  

[TFFOX]
Members
1,074 posts
2,577 battles
On 1/29/2021 at 1:01 PM, Nutaz said:

@Hapa_Fodder

It'll probably be a pan-asian collection (maybe when they eventually get around to making PA cruiser line)