You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Oldschool_Gaming_YT

False information video?

21 comments in this topic

Members
739 posts
72 battles

@NoZoupForYou Could you please take down this video and maybe put up a redactionvideo since this is so wrong on so many levels.

Dead Eye doesnt work like that and as CC with a following you shouldnt spread false information about the new skill rework.

image.png.ba2b408de9ec639dbd4788c79fb1dc3d.png

Read the text on the skill. Nowhere does it say it will be effected by Carrier planespotting or undetected DDs that push up on suicide missions to sit within a 1-line camping Dead Eye Thunderers detection range. And PLS stop telling DD players to suicide more in this fashion, we need more alive DDs not more dead ones. Also "just pushin into them" in a BB to try and effect their Dead Eye is also a pure suicide mission which we need fewer BB players to do as well.

Edited by Oldschool_Gaming_YT
  • Cool 7

[Y0L0W]
Members
313 posts
8,758 battles

27 minutes ago, Hel_Diver142 said:

Have a question for you. Have you tried what the CC has mentioned and see if it works.

Huh? What does trying it out in-game have to do with it? Zoup is completely incorrect on how the skill functions, there's no need for "testing".

Members
739 posts
72 battles
34 minutes ago, Hel_Diver142 said:

Have a question for you. Have you tried what the CC has mentioned and see if it works.

Have you tried drinking the poison or jumped from the bridge??

No, because I dont have to try something that I and most people in the world already knows. The effects of the skill is written very clear in the description.

• Cool 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

Yeah, I think @NoZoupForYou made an error on that video since what he said doesn't square with the skill description at all, no biggie though, everyone makes mistakes and his videos are normally very good and informative.  

[Y0L0W]
Members
313 posts
8,758 battles
6 minutes ago, Hel_Diver142 said:

You use the skill.

What exactly are you arguing here? That Zoup's details about when the sill is/isn't active are correct? Or are you arguing about the tactics to counter sniping BB's?

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
693 posts
5,897 battles

Not arguing either side here but, WG is famous for descriptions that aren't exactly...correct. So asking if you have tested it isn't out of bounds.

Members
739 posts
72 battles
52 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

Yeah, I think @NoZoupForYou made an error on that video since what he said doesn't square with the skill description at all, no biggie though, everyone makes mistakes and his videos are normally very good and informative.  

Well its a bit of a biggie when its one of WGs CCs that says something completely wrong about a function in the game. For many players CC videos is about the only information the get from WG since WGs own cummincation skills are somewhat lacking.

43 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

Not arguing either side here but, WG is famous for descriptions that aren't exactly...correct. So asking if you have tested it isn't out of bounds.

That is correct. They are usually very bad at information in general. But in this case its actually completely clear. And him suggesting this and also on top suggest DDs should wander into enemys backlines or BB players suiciding into the same, when any type of agressive play in this new Meta = suicide is not that good for this game.

Nobody force him to put out videos and if he then chooses to do so on a pretty sensitive subject as captskill rework, he as a CC should get his facts right....or atleast check Any of the other CCs video, who correctly describes this skill and also pretty much say this and CE being the only mandatory skills on BBs postpatch.

[X-PN]
Members
1,494 posts
11,893 battles

I used to really enjoy Zoup back when he was "edgy" and often in WG's doghouse .... seems like lately he's turned over a new leaf to try to see everything WG does in a positive light.  I suspect his twins and time constraints might have something to do with it.  It is a most curious change though.

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
6 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Well its a bit of a biggie when its one of WGs CCs that says something completely wrong about a function in the game. For many players CC videos is about the only information the get from WG since WGs own cummincation skills are somewhat lacking.

IMHO it would be "a bit of a biggie" if the CC didn't correct themselves, however @NoZoupForYou has already come out with a correction.

World of Warships Dead Eye Clarification and Nerfed Flint - YouTube

Everyone makes mistakes and all you can expect is for them to try and correct it when they do. :Smile_smile:

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
693 posts
5,897 battles
7 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

That is correct. They are usually very bad at information in general. But in this case its actually completely clear. And him suggesting this and also on top suggest DDs should wander into enemys backlines or BB players suiciding into the same, when any type of agressive play in this new Meta = suicide is not that good for this game.

My point was that, while the written description may be clear the skill might not work as written. These new if/then skills have no indicator as to if they are on or off. Has anyone done any real testing of Deadeye? Again, I am not agreeing or disagreeing. But paraphrasing what a wise man once said: What WG writes and what actually happens ain't ever exactly been similar.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,856 posts
16,941 battles
8 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

IMHO it would be "a bit of a biggie" if the CC didn't correct themselves, however @NoZoupForYou has already come out with a correction.

OP's post was five hours ago; YT tells me Zoup's correction vid is an hour old. So even if that video had already been made when he posted, OP could not have known that and was right to call for what he did, when he did.

• Cool 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
12 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

OP's post was five hours ago; YT tells me Zoup's correction vid is an hour old. So even if that video had already been made when he posted, OP could not have known that and was right to call for what he did, when he did.

I wasn't criticizing the OP for his opening post.

Edited by WaywardVariable

Members
739 posts
72 battles
5 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

Everyone makes mistakes and all you can expect is for them to try and correct it when they do. :Smile_smile:

Seriously? the same kind of half assed excuse that WG usually puts out. "I wasn't wrong .... per seeey ....but ......" He might end up getting a job at WG!! And he hasn't taken down the incorrect video either so he continues to spread false information?! WG at least deletes bad information when it gotten them into trouble. 

0:45 It has to be a enemy SPOTTED ship, kind of a important detail..... So PLEASE try and Yolo rush into a DeadEye Thunderer sitting on the enemy backline and sit spotted within his 12 km concealment to negate his skill. So just to be clear, not even 5 DDs circeling this Thunderer within his 12 km would negate this skill until one of them break cover. If he smokes up, then skill is active again.

0:56 "Having aircrafts in the air keeps those BBs spotted" Yeah, so does them firing Dead Eye HE salvos at you very 20-13 seconds as well! So what's the point about CV aircrafts? And good use of CVs BTW! Use those broken OP ships to just keep those pesky Dead Eye BBs spotted. As a DD main I actually like this suggestion, keep them away from DDs and caps. 

1:20 And again .... his suggestion to push into them in a BB?! How? If they sit and camp on the 1-line you need to push right into their spawn considering Thunderer concealment is 12 km. Heard of focusfire? Heard of crossfires? Heard of enemy CVs blapping you? Heard of DDs blapping you with torps? I would love to see No Zoup try this himself in T10 random. I really would. "Sorry if you didn't understand that clearly"? understand what? You said the exact opposite and that we all understood. And don't give me [edited] about lack of sleep and babys, its not like anyone holding a gun to his head to put out misinformed videos about the most talked about skill in the entire game.

1:46 NOOOOO! Having CV planes around to spot DOESNT help your team to negate that skill?!?! FFS man! Unless said team just YOLO-rush into those BBs 12 km concealment and dies, yes then your planes helped your teammate to die fast.

2:19 Seriously, what babbling [edited] im I listening to? "Ooh the first salvo is the worst, then you can react to their DeadEye", how? They will keep on spamming you with insane accuracy every time you take a shot and get spotted! how can you negate this, going dark for 3-4 min to re-position to other side just to face 2-3 other Thunderers/other Bbs w DeadEye? AAAAnnnd no! CVs isnt any more important now then they were before regarding Dead Eye. All the BBs are clumped together sharing AA bubbles and now days most Cruisers are sitting there as well since they get blapped by Dead eye if they even get close to middle map. 

Nobody would care if this was about any of the AA skjills, because noone in their right mind would ever consider th0ose since WG broke AA. But he choosed to do a video of the most OP/popular/most talked about/All other CCs say this is mandatory on ALL BBS, and he gets it completely wrong.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[-WD-]
Members
24 posts
6,931 battles
9 minutes ago, WaywardVariable said:

He corrects the plane spotting notion, but the idea that 'planes let you know where they are, so DE is no big deal' is ridiculous. Them firing 80% of the time will also let you know where they are. That knowledge doesn't negate Deadeye's impact, nor is it a counter to the backline BB camping meta.

Funny enough, I think I was in his Flint game he was complaining about on this vid yesterday. Not sure about the nerf itself, 11km is brutal for a tier 7 cruiser and should be fixed, but I have to say, he spent the whole game behind an island and not firing (to my knowledge) even when we were within his 11km range, which was almost the whole match. I was playing a Prince Eugen and wasn't aware of his presence until the end of the match, when we moved to finish their Scharnhorst and proximity spotted him. Came out of his smoke cloud full broadside after the Scharn went down and landed a torp salvo on my friendly BB (hence his more damage on torps than guns), then the rest of us nailed him for all his HP... His team was ahead on points, ships, and caps at that time too, we only won by killing the rest piecemeal as they tried to push into that last cap

I'd put that loss down to player usage instead of ship nerfs. Extra range would not have saved him, he could've done more in that position for sure.

• Cool 2

[ALL41]
[ALL41]
Members
180 posts
13,743 battles

One would think that if he is correcting a video, that he would link the correction to the incorrect video...

• Cool 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
7 minutes ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

Seriously? the same kind of half assed excuse that WG usually puts out. "I wasn't wrong .... per seeey ....but ......" He might end up getting a job at WG!! And he hasn't taken down the incorrect video either so he continues to spread false information?! WG at least deletes bad information when it gotten them into trouble. 

I don't know why he kept the other video up, you'd have to ask him about that decision.

Personally I'm fine with his mea culpa on the correction video, although I understand why others might not be so sanguine about it. shrug.gif

Members
739 posts
72 battles
44 minutes ago, SkullCowboy_60 said:

My point was that, while the written description may be clear the skill might not work as written. These new if/then skills have no indicator as to if they are on or off. Has anyone done any real testing of Deadeye? Again, I am not agreeing or disagreeing. But paraphrasing what a wise man once said: What WG writes and what actually happens ain't ever exactly been similar.

I understand your point and I agree that WG is usually a bit shady and their information is lacking. But this skill is the Most talked about skill out there and pretty much every CC on EU has done videos explaining this and what build is now viable (read mandatory) on BBs (DEAD EYE + Concealment). Many of their videos show very clearly this skill in action (Not by an icon ingame) but with results from almost all BBs sitting in the back line (even Kremlin that really shouldnt snipe). 

And I agree with you on that now we have all these activation skill WG really should put any type of Icon in the game that tells you its active.

"Dazzle" for instance. A skill I for a moment thought about on my IJN torp DDs. Boom, you get spotted either by enemy DD, hydro radar, planes .... whatever, the first 15 sec they have less accuracy shooting at you. Sounds pretty sweet since its usually only take you about that to go dark. But does this also work on CV accuracy? I mena CV rockets is pretty much the biggest threat to DDs. But the text on the skill doesn't mention it so then I will conclude that it doesn't keep me safe from those 6-8 K rocket salvos and then its a "useless" skill for 4 point. If it was a 2 pointer, I might consider it.

On another note. Love how WGs reason for this big change was to make it so you could do more different build on ships and instead it is almost just one set build you can choose on every class. BBs = DeadEye and Concealment, forget about secondary and AA builds, those are useless (sorry .... not sorry all the 60 % other BBs that enjoyed those) Smolensk, before many was using the 16 km and many was using the 19 km, now only 16 km and exactly the same build. Same for 95 % of the cruisers and 95% of the DDs. WG could pretty much just take away about 60 % of all the new skills that no one is using now (all AA, all Secondary). 

Edited by Oldschool_Gaming_YT

[XXX]
Members
658 posts
1,620 battles
1 hour ago, WaywardVariable said:

Eh lately, not so much. The last 2 ship reviews Zoup has done have been bloody awful and absolutely crammed full of mistakes, his content has been going down in quality for quite some time.

Yes he has to work a Night Shift AND look after twins AND be a CC.

I, personally, think it's probably time for him to step away from the CC program and this isn't me saying it because 'lol Zoup bad', it's clearly affecting his video quality and even his gameplay as well as his enjoyment of the game.

I get that youtubers, especially niche ones, need to keep pumping out content in order to stay relevant and that taking a break might just be a death sentence for a smaller channel BUT...seriously dude, it's clear he needs time away from the game, time to recharge his batteries or maybe just stop making videos when it's clear you're absolutely exhausted.

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
693 posts
5,897 battles
1 hour ago, Oldschool_Gaming_YT said:

I understand your point and I agree that WG is usually a bit shady and their information is lacking. But this skill is the Most talked about skill out there and pretty much every CC on EU has done videos explaining this and what build is now viable (read mandatory) on BBs (DEAD EYE + Concealment). Many of their videos show very clearly this skill in action (Not by an icon ingame) but with results from almost all BBs sitting in the back line (even Kremlin that really shouldnt snipe). 

And I agree with you on that now we have all these activation skill WG really should put any type of Icon in the game that tells you its active.

"Dazzle" for instance. A skill I for a moment thought about on my IJN torp DDs. Boom, you get spotted either by enemy DD, hydro radar, planes .... whatever, the first 15 sec they have less accuracy shooting at you. Sounds pretty sweet since its usually only take you about that to go dark. But does this also work on CV accuracy? I mena CV rockets is pretty much the biggest threat to DDs. But the text on the skill doesn't mention it so then I will conclude that it doesn't keep me safe from those 6-8 K rocket salvos and then its a "useless" skill for 4 point. If it was a 2 pointer, I might consider it.

On another note. Love how WGs reason for this big change was to make it so you could do more different build on ships and instead it is almost just one set build you can choose on every class. BBs = DeadEye and Concealment, forget about secondary and AA builds, those are useless (sorry .... not sorry all the 60 % other BBs that enjoyed those) Smolensk, before many was using the 16 km and many was using the 19 km, now only 16 km and exactly the same build. Same for 95 % of the cruisers and 95% of the DDs. WG could pretty much just take away about 60 % of all the new skills that no one is using now (all AA, all Secondary). 

On 99.999% of the above you and I ARE in agreement. For the other .001%, only time will tell. :cap_like: