You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TaxDollarsAtWork

Least Fun tier?

28 comments in this topic

[NSEW]
Members
463 posts
4,062 battles

For me, its tier x ships so much about them isn't fun though I do think almost all of the Fun is had in tiers 9 8 and 7 in that Order.

For starters the economy don't like how expensive they are to crew especially when they feel mostly like a downgrade or like no real improvement compared to the rest of the ships in the line.

The abundance of longer ranged spamming cruisers too and their impact is also pretty cringeworthy compared to how more balanced they are in other teirs

I only own three but they've let me down mostly

Edited by TaxDollarsAtWork
  • Cool 2

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles

High tiers by far... All the ordnance you face (except for torps) are too potent for the ship defenses you have available.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,638 posts
25,099 battles

I have favorite ships from tier 2-8.. I hate playing tiers 9 & 10. I tend to unlock them and drop a zero point captain on those. Really only use them for snowflake events. 

• Cool 3

[RLGN]
Members
15,491 posts
27,200 battles
24 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

I have favorite ships from tier 2-8.. I hate playing tiers 9 & 10. I tend to unlock them and drop a zero point captain on those. Really only use them for snowflake events. 

Don’t mind high tiers in Co-op. Tend to actually thrive in them there.

Can’t stand 8-10 in Randoms.

Members
478 posts
2,851 battles

I'll admit to playing my 8s more than my 10s. But I think tier 4 takes the prize with the double CVs.

[FML]
Members
4,148 posts
16,060 battles

Tier 6 is my favourite - I enjoy the challenge of being uptiered so much, in a tier bracket where there is still plenty of chaos but individual skill can carry a battle.  In comparison, I find Tier 10 static and bland.  

• Cool 2

Members
616 posts
4,388 battles

Tier IX, almost guaranteed to see Tier X battles.  Honorable mention to Tier IV (multiple CVs in matches).

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

For PvP

Tier X is my least favorite, can be fun but often static. 

My favorites:

Tier VII-VIII, challenging and my favorite ships are at these tiers 

Tiers II-V, when there are enough players to fill the matches usually turns in a chaotic brawl on smaller maps, much fun! 

[WOLFG]
Members
31,972 posts
9,887 battles

Depends what I'm playing. I prefer T5-8 for BBs, T7-8 for CAs, and T7-10 for DDs.

[SIM]
Members
5,744 posts
9,263 battles

Tier IV, where the scores are all made up and game balance doesn’t mean anything. 

• Funny 2

[WOLFX]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,164 posts
4,260 battles

Depends on the ship class as well as whether I'm playing co-op or randoms that day.

CL from tier 5-10, and DD from tier 7-10 in general, though lately it's been all about high tier co-op trying to unlock the two free ships in the dockyard. (Still working on the 200 fires at the moment).

Once that's done I'll probably head back to playing mostly CLs in scenarios, as I find those quite fun.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,268 posts

High tiers require support from lower tiers to be viable economically. If you do not play equally weighted tiers and maintain the income you will find that your credits are all gone.

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,802 posts
2,663 battles

Tier 5.  Often bottom tier due to protected matchmaking for the tiers below it. When it does get to be top tier, it often has to deal with 2 enemy CVs at once, without having any kind of effective AA.

[ARGSY]
Members
660 posts
10,686 battles
4 hours ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

I'll admit to playing my 8s more than my 10s. But I think tier 4 takes the prize with the double CVs.

Agree. Just no AA at this tier. 

[GGWP]
Members
205 posts

Tier 7. It is a tier where you can grind through a ship in 20 games, so unfortunately the matchmaking calibration never kicks in. For the entire length of the grind you are subjected to T9 after T9 games and as soon as you hit 20 games you're already done grinding the ship. This makes tier 7 really unfun for me personally.

[NAVAL]
[NAVAL]
Members
237 posts
13,666 battles

tier 7, 9, and 10. they all suck. tier 8 does not suck, as long as you're top tier. 

[P-V-E]
Members
1,649 posts

tier IX tech-tree in co-op even with permanent camo, such a bad pay-out in cash and XP in comparison to tier VIII and X tech-tree with permanent camo for comparative work done.

[DMGS]
Members
109 posts
6,468 battles

V, X, III in that order from worst to not-quite-as-excruciating.

Edited by Firewalk

[SGSS]
Members
5,559 posts
On 1/29/2021 at 12:38 PM, b101uk said:

tier IX tech-tree in co-op even with permanent camo, such a bad pay-out in cash and XP in comparison to tier VIII and X tech-tree with permanent camo for comparative work done.

T9 is best mm right now.

T9 is generally all t9 ships

Members
152 posts

Least fun? T9 and T4. T9 because it is the longest, most painful grind if you're in a ship you hate, and you stand a real chance of losing money if you can't make the ship work. T4 because, while the grind is still relatively short, it's longer than the done-in-an-hour T2-3 grind, but still below the daily/monthly mission cutoff at T5.

Most fun? T6,7,8. The largest concentration of ships I enjoy lies at T8, which IMO also offers the most interesting gameplay. T6 and T7 have all the currently-available operations, and a few personal favorite ships like Pensacola, Sims, and Sims' emo twin sister.

[WMD]
Members
1,878 posts
10,451 battles
1 hour ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

1 thru 4 no gain for the pain.

I agree completely. I hate the lower tiers, and avoid them as much as I can. 

I think tiers 8-10 are the most fun, but I prefer CA/CL and DD. I find below those tiers cruisers suffer from chip damage, and most DDs usually lack the stealth or firepower to be threatening. There are lower tier exceptions like Haida, T-61, and a few others, but most are "meh" to me. 

• Cool 1