You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Capitan_Crunch

player controlled secondaries for Battleships

16 comments in this topic

[VVVVV]
Members
93 posts
8,965 battles

destroyers can controll there main guns and thier torpedoes by player make it so that in between reload of main guns battleship players can use thier secondaries,why not?

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
34 minutes ago, Capitan_Crunch said:

destroyers can controll there main guns and thier torpedoes by player make it so that in between reload of main guns battleship players can use thier secondaries,why not?

User fired AA and secondary guns are in the pipe line.. Its been under NDA since 2020...

I am assuming its still in the production process. If theres no announcement by summer.. I am thinking its going to be included (guessing roughly) in patch 0.11.0

There is a chance it may get postponed again.. Its WG future development plans to make all ordnance fired in the game, %100 user controlled.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,867 battles

The real question is will the micromanaging help the average player or hurt them?

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,638 posts
25,099 battles
1 minute ago, BrushWolf said:

The real question is will the micromanaging help the average player or hurt them?

Yeah it isn't anything I want to fool with. I don't mind them adding the ability as long as we can opt out of it and let the computer do a bit of the work. One big reason I hate the CV rework was because it forced you to fiddle with your AA defenses. I liked the old way of just clicking on the planes and let the computer do the rest. Such a pointless and stupid change to the game. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,867 battles
1 minute ago, Taylor3006 said:

Yeah it isn't anything I want to fool with. I don't mind them adding the ability as long as we can opt out of it and let the computer do a bit of the work. One big reason I hate the CV rework was because it forced you to fiddle with your AA defenses. I liked the old way of just clicking on the planes and let the computer do the rest. Such a pointless and stupid change to the game. 

It would only help people that could micromanage the RTS CV's so I am against it unless it is only usable while the main guns are loading which would be a minor buff for the micro managers and little or no negative for those that are not good at it.

[KENT]
Members
405 posts
6,732 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

User fired AA and secondary guns are in the pipe line.. Its been under NDA since 2020...

I am assuming its still in the production process. If theres no announcement by summer.. I am thinking its going to be included (guessing roughly) in patch 0.11.0

There is a chance it may get postponed again.. Its WG future development plans to make all ordnance fired in the game, %100 user controlled.

I really hate to be a stickler, and not saying I don't believe you, but how would you know this info if it's under NDA? Are you under NDA yourself?

I definitely think player controlled AA could be a good thing. As long as they make it more effective than AA is now without overturning or undercooking it, then it could definitely be a good thing. Issues would arise with micromanaging, but you can't have everything I guess

[WORX]
Members
12,504 posts
19,722 battles
27 minutes ago, mcgibe said:

but how would you know this info if it's under NDA? Are you under NDA yourself?

Its under NDA in terms of everything about the project is under wraps, other then what I stated in the previous post...

No one is going to talk about the details/specifics/function nor the how... Not even from me..

I can only divulge its existence of the project and its probability of completion based on statistics. Which I did in the previous post... 

Now, I am guessing the %100 user controlled ordnance pledge was suppose to happen in patch 0.10.0.. From what I understand, due to the conditions/situation in the world, it was pushed back... Right now, projects are delayed by up to a year..  It is unknown at this time when the studio will be operating on all cylinders.

The Cpt reset was probably  the first of many changes, culminating in switching control of AA and secondaries to the player.. Well have to wait and see.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[KENT]
Members
405 posts
6,732 battles
21 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Its under NDA in terms of everything about the project is under wraps, other then what I stated in the previous post...

No one is going to talk about the details/specifics/function nor the how... Not even from me..

I can only divulge its existence of the project and its probability of completion based on statistics. Which I did in the previous post... 

Alright. Just wanted to clarify. Thanks

[RLGN]
Members
15,491 posts
27,200 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

It would only help people that could micromanage the RTS CV's so I am against it unless it is only usable while the main guns are loading which would be a minor buff for the micro managers and little or no negative for those that are not good at it.

This.

I’ve always said true ‘manual’ AA will only benefit twitch fiends and carriers.

The former will use it to slaughter planes, and the later will love it because so many players will forget it exists, or will be so bad at using it, attacking them with a CV will be a breeze.

I will laugh at all the ‘why isn’t my AA defending me!?!’ posts that would appear.

[VVVVV]
Members
93 posts
8,965 battles

All very good points,perhaps have it as is now with an option for player contrlled aa and secondaries? just thinking outside the wg box a little.

[FEB-M]
Members
93 posts
5,166 battles

I proposed a SIMPLE implementation of this here:

Replace current "Ctrl-Click ship's TAG", we use "weapon 4" and "shoot" once at a ship or planes, then the secondaries "Prioritize target" and receive that boost in precision from skill, or, for a improvement, a partial buff without that Cmdr.Skill.
Same "control" can also be used for improved AA, both replacing the "O" key for AA sector, but also for any Cmdr skills.

Simple and logical, does not change any game balance game. Only gives a consistent control for AA and Secondaries control.

Edited by Alloh

Members
8 posts
2,862 battles
On 1/29/2021 at 7:37 AM, Navalpride33 said:

This would really be a dream come true; for years (!) I have been praying for manual control of secondaries and AA. I thought WG stubbornly decided NO for this issue. You really made my day.

• Cool 1

[SPTR]
Members
27,258 posts
17,446 battles

yes I want a usable colbert's firepower strapped onto Republique's/Bourgogne's back thanks. sadly this idea has being asked many teams with no clear indication of response from WG.

[WPORT]
Members
7,824 posts
12,885 battles
On 1/29/2021 at 1:31 AM, Capitan_Crunch said:

BB's secondary battery guns automatically fire at available targets within range.

When a player takes certain Captain's skills, designating a specific target (by using the CNTL key and clicking the mouse on the target) can improve the secondary battery gun dispersion by about 30%.

Secondary battery guns have arcs-of-fire, or a range of traverse, depending on how you prefer to think of it.  Targets not inside the secondary battery gun's area of coverage, won't be fired upon by that gun.

AA guns have "sector priority" via the "O" key and whichever side of the ship (port/starboard) the player is looking at.

AA guns have short/medium/long range capabilities, according to the specifications of the AA gun.  The gun will shoot at a target only if the target is within the AA guns' area of coverage.
AA guns can be knocked-out of action by getting hit badly enough.  Use the "H" key to pull up the information about what percentage of your AA guns are operational, during a battle.

[RBMK2]
Members
5 posts
5,313 battles

I am very curious to see where this goes. I'm a huge fan of eliminating as much RNG as possible and making the outcome dependent on player skill.