You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LunchCutter

Match Maker Borked?

10 comments in this topic

[PT]
Members
1,020 posts
3,044 battles

Yet to win a single game in my Skane.. Just getting frustrated at the constan losses and the last 3 games the matches have been all over the place, tier 9 vs tier 6, a earlier game 4 dds on 1 team vs 2 on the other.. :(

Then this game as well..

shot-21.01.29_12.49.03-0296.jpg

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,643 posts

The T6's div mates drug him into the match with the T9s.  It's not borked, its how it works.  This is commonly referred to as a "fail div".

[WORX]
Members
12,549 posts
19,756 battles
20 minutes ago, LunchCutter said:

Yet to win a single game in my Skane.. Just getting frustrated at the constan losses and the last 3 games the matches have been all over the place, tier 9 vs tier 6, a earlier game 4 dds on 1 team vs 2 on the other.. :(

Then this game as well..

MM is the scapegoat for the irresponsible ones in the fail DIV. In this case... Blame the commanders of the FAIL DIV.

Edited by Navalpride33

[WTAF]
Members
235 posts
8,943 battles
12 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The T6's div mates drug him into the match with the T9s.  It's not borked, its how it works.  This is commonly referred to as a "fail div".

A double fail division on each side.  Hoorah matchmaking.

• Funny 1

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts

Working as intended.  Blame the people with the divisions of mixed T6-T7 ships.  The MM treats those as the highest tier in the division.

The reason for that is so it can't be exploited the other way to pull T7s into lower games.

[SALVO]
Members
26,059 posts
28,849 battles
48 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

MM is the scapegoat for the irresponsible ones in the fail DIV. In this case... Blame the commanders of the FAIL DIV.

There were fail divs on both sides.

1 hour ago, LunchCutter said:

Then this game as well..

Cutter, this battle looks like an MM queue dump to me.  Two fail divs, but the "failing" ships were of different types (i.e. 1 was a BB, the other a CL) which made matching up teams even more difficult.  So MM ended up doing a queue dump.

There are times when it's just not MM's fault.  That said, one can say that it is WG's fault for allowing fail divs in the first place, but IIRC, there have always been players who balk at getting rid of fail divs because they'll claim that doing so inhibits their ability to play with friends.  So, I don't know if there's an answer here that would keep everyone happy.

• Thanks 1

[WORX]
Members
12,549 posts
19,756 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

There were fail divs on both sides.

Commanders = plural meaning more then one :).

Its ok, minor over sight crucis. :cap_like:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,745 posts
14,877 battles
2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

"Fail Divisions" used to be a lot more fun. Division a Umikaze with a Yamato and let the LOL's proceed while the tier 2 DD spams torpedoes that while they cause almost no damage will flood the poor victims to death.

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,307 posts
19,236 battles

MM matches up fail divisions if it can do so.  In this case, it was actually able to match up double fails.  You are seeing MM working as designed and intended.

• Thanks 1