Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Whitebuster

Sad to leave this game but I have no choice

48 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

162
[PYK]
Beta Testers
211 posts
2,445 battles

I started playing WoWS all the way back in closed beta and it used to be one of the best games I have ever played. Then good and bad changes came to the game over the years and I was able to tolerate most of them despite the few odd OP ships and CV rework. However, the commander skills rework really triggered me and transformed gameplay into an unfair chore.

Not only does maxing out commanders to 21 pts becomes nearly impossible without full-time job level commitment, but the new changes also encourage passive gameplay for the tankiest class of ships: BBs. I used to have a good time pushing forward with the team to secure decisive naval victories and such strategies were key to winning. Now, BBs just cap in the back like cowards or hide behind islands like thin-skinned cruisers. The most complained class, CVs, just got further buffed with the new commander skills, thus ensuring that nobody dares to be the flagship in a push. Already OP ships like Kremlin and Thunderer get further buffed with the Deadeye skill. If a Kremlin fights best when sitting at the back, which ship can be suitable for aggressive play? None except suicidal cannon-fodder German BBs.

This commander skills rework is the last nail in the coffin for me with this game. I dreaded that WoWS would become a powercrept crapshow like WoT, and now, WoWS follows the same trend. Just like WoWS, WoT used to be an excellent game at release. Then, a series of not welcomed changes ruined the game with wheeled vehicles, DPM increase, and OP vehicles. It's truly sad to see a game with so much potential become ruined by greed and lack of development vision. Nonetheless, there are competitors to this game and I will not return until this mess gets fixed.

  • Cool 23
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 16
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,046
[SALVO]
Members
6,529 posts
5,206 battles

2,4K matches since closed beta? I don't think WoWS ranked too high in your gaming... 

  • Cool 14
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
[PYK]
Beta Testers
211 posts
2,445 battles
1 minute ago, ArIskandir said:

2,4K matches since closed beta? I don't think WoWS ranked too high in your gaming... 

It was actually my main game to play. I don't have much free time to play games, so 2.4k games is already a lot for me.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,920
[WORX]
Members
12,418 posts
19,686 battles

See you for the reunion at Christmas time OP...

Take care and I hope you find a game to fit your limited free time..

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,046
[SALVO]
Members
6,529 posts
5,206 battles
Just now, Whitebuster said:

It was actually my main game to play. I don't have much free time to play games, so 2.4k games is already a lot for me.

don't blame you mate... it is just I play fairly casually too, arrived some time after game went open, spent 3 years away from the game before coming back last year and I'm almost at 3K Randoms alone, not counting other game modes. I don't see you being very active in this game (not like it is a bad thing in itself) and if this is your main game, you are not really much of a gamer so all the departure drama reads as ... well, drama.

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,433
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,503 battles
21 minutes ago, Whitebuster said:

I started playing WoWS all the way back in closed beta and it used to be one of the best games I have ever played. Then good and bad changes came to the game over the years and I was able to tolerate most of them despite the few odd OP ships and CV rework. However, the commander skills rework really triggered me and transformed gameplay into an unfair chore.

Not only does maxing out commanders to 21 pts becomes nearly impossible without full-time job level commitment, but the new changes also encourage passive gameplay for the tankiest class of ships: BBs. I used to have a good time pushing forward with the team to secure decisive naval victories and such strategies were key to winning. Now, BBs just cap in the back like cowards or hide behind islands like thin-skinned cruisers. The most complained class, CVs, just got further buffed with the new commander skills, thus ensuring that nobody dares to be the flagship in a push. Already OP ships like Kremlin and Thunderer get further buffed with the Deadeye skill. If a Kremlin fights best when sitting at the back, which ship can be suitable for aggressive play? None except suicidal cannon-fodder German BBs.

This commander skills rework is the last nail in the coffin for me with this game. I dreaded that WoWS would become a powercrept crapshow like WoT, and now, WoWS follows the same trend. Just like WoWS, WoT used to be an excellent game at release. Then, a series of not welcomed changes ruined the game with wheeled vehicles, DPM increase, and OP vehicles. It's truly sad to see a game with so much potential become ruined by greed and lack of development vision. Nonetheless, there are competitors to this game and I will not return until this mess gets fixed.

Well since you have not choice. Thanks from dropping buy to let us know.  I mean I can not imagine any way to deal with the new meta, it must be totally impossible to have any fun. 

On the other hand maybe you do have a choice. Maybe there is plenty of fun to be had during change. 

The choice is yours.

Cheers.

  • Cool 2
  • Meh 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,589
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,702 posts
14,866 battles
50 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

2,4K matches since closed beta? I don't think WoWS ranked too high in your gaming... 

Not to mention zero matches since the patch. I think he is taking the wrong view of the points. Better to think of 20 and 21 as bonus points instead of must haves.

  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,285 posts
26,944 battles
1 hour ago, Whitebuster said:

I started playing WoWS all the way back in closed beta and it used to be one of the best games I have ever played. Then good and bad changes came to the game over the years and I was able to tolerate most of them despite the few odd OP ships and CV rework. However, the commander skills rework really triggered me and transformed gameplay into an unfair chore.

Not only does maxing out commanders to 21 pts becomes nearly impossible without full-time job level commitment, but the new changes also encourage passive gameplay for the tankiest class of ships: BBs. I used to have a good time pushing forward with the team to secure decisive naval victories and such strategies were key to winning. Now, BBs just cap in the back like cowards or hide behind islands like thin-skinned cruisers. The most complained class, CVs, just got further buffed with the new commander skills, thus ensuring that nobody dares to be the flagship in a push. Already OP ships like Kremlin and Thunderer get further buffed with the Deadeye skill. If a Kremlin fights best when sitting at the back, which ship can be suitable for aggressive play? None except suicidal cannon-fodder German BBs.

This commander skills rework is the last nail in the coffin for me with this game. I dreaded that WoWS would become a powercrept crapshow like WoT, and now, WoWS follows the same trend. Just like WoWS, WoT used to be an excellent game at release. Then, a series of not welcomed changes ruined the game with wheeled vehicles, DPM increase, and OP vehicles. It's truly sad to see a game with so much potential become ruined by greed and lack of development vision. Nonetheless, there are competitors to this game and I will not return until this mess gets fixed.

I agree with you . greed is killing the game . I use to play mucho games the CVs and this new mess with the captains really turning me off .  They should of given all players that reached 19 point captains automatic 21 point captains but instead charging us double to reach what we already had. That in my book is called bait and switch and moving the goal post further down the field and in reality charging us twice for the same thing . In short cheating the costumers  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
383
[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,494 posts
22,019 battles
1 hour ago, Whitebuster said:

Then, a series of not welcomed changes ruined the game with wheeled vehicles

It was Wheeled vehicles for me too, and 29K battles under the belt at that time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,897
[GGWP]
Members
7,307 posts
17,185 battles
44 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Not to mention zero matches since the patch. I think he is taking the wrong view of the points. Better to think of 20 and 21 as bonus points instead of must haves.

How are they "bonus points" when the old builds people used previously take the 21 points now or are not even possible due to high cost?

It's better to think of the 20 and 21 points as price, time and wallet gouging by WG. 

Edited by DuckyShot
  • Cool 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
348
[PHD]
Members
1,793 posts
7,225 battles
1 hour ago, Whitebuster said:

It was actually my main game to play. I don't have much free time to play games, so 2.4k games is already a lot for me.

I don't have much time to play right now either.  This rework just seems to force itself upon you.

I just picked two Captains assigned them to two ships I like, set a generic captain build zeroed out all my other captains and just play them until I have the time and information to do otherwise. 

I play PvE so it is not that bad at the moment.

Wait and see.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,949 posts
43,391 battles
31 minutes ago, Tachnechdorus said:

I agree with you . greed is killing the game . I use to play mucho games the CVs and this new mess with the captains really turning me off .  They should of given all players that reached 19 point captains automatic 21 point captains but instead charging us double to reach what we already had. That in my book is called bait and switch and moving the goal post further down the field and in reality charging us twice for the same thing . In short cheating the costumers  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So far, I have not spent a dime on buying XP of any kind. 

I just play the game. And since then, I just tack on a point or two. By the time it is not free, I will have a couple 21s.

But FYI, you can still play this game at 19 points though. 

Even if you say have 21 points, when you spend the 19, you are still stuck with two points and can only use rows 1 or 2. 

And those rows are pretty much skills you would have the least concern for anyway.

Try the points tally exercise yourself and see. Then you will understand that there is no rush and you don't need a sense of urgency to get to 21.

I did it many times with as much efficient skills as possible and arrived at the same conclusion. 

21 Doesn't Matter. 19 is Enough. Take your time and you don't spend money.

The only players that would really complain about this is competitive ones with real money at stake in their future competitions. They have to pay a lot if they were not ready or the skills are rough to begin with. 

But trust me. This is a dress rehearsal and you should take your time and calmly explore the skills while they are free at 19. 

Because those two points are just ending up on row 1 or 2 anyway. 

Try it, don't spend money. Just work them in at 19. Once they are set, then you are good. 

  • Cool 5
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
96
[SVEN]
Beta Testers
228 posts
7,404 battles

It's almost like the commander skills ARE the game to some people. :Smile-_tongue:

If they removed all of the skills with their associated benefits and drawbacks tomorrow, my reaction would be pretty meh. :Smile_bajan2:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,241
[WOLFG]
Members
31,839 posts
9,859 battles
42 minutes ago, DuckyShot said:

How are they "bonus points" when the old builds people used previously take the 21 points now or are not even possible due to high cost?

It's better to think of the 20 and 21 points as price, time and wallet gouging by WG. 

Whichever, I think that, unless you have relatively easy access to 21-point captains, better for your mood to forget about them being "must haves".

I'm pretty much at that point. I have 7 19-point captains, and I don't see ever getting them to 21, as that would likely take me longer than I'll be around lol.

It doesn't bother me too much though. This is probably the first game where I ever caught the brass ring, (and multiple times) even if only temporarily. 

I'm just going to focus on what I have, rather than what I lost. That way lies bitterness, and I ain't got no time for that!

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,241
[WOLFG]
Members
31,839 posts
9,859 battles
39 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Because those two points are just ending up on row 1 or 2 anyway. 

That's one way they get you.

You don't save your 18th and 19th point, because it's such a long way to 20 and 21.

What they're banking on, is that people will do just what you advise, and then spend doubloons to respec and exchange multiple "dump skills" for one or two good skills.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,598
[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
13 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

What they're banking on, is that people will do just what you advise, and then spend doubloons to respec and exchange multiple "dump skills" for one or two good skills.

Saw people in another thread saying that experimenting was for the birds, and admitted they were just waiting for the 'guides' to come out that tell them how to distribute their points.

Takes all kinds, I guess.

Edited by Kesh_Lives

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
426
[VORTX]
Members
559 posts
7,361 battles

The 1.2 million XP requirement for the 21 pointers is insane. It’s been my biggest gripe since the skill changes were announced. For these reasons I won’t open my wallet for WG again. Jokes ... I’m totally going to drop $25 on doubloons for Hizen next week ... 😭🤷‍♂️
 

Seriously though, the 1.2 mill XP is [edited].  I’ll talk games with some of my friends, and I haven’t recommended anyone into play wows in a solid eight months or so. To put that into perspective, I’ve only been playing just over a year. 
 

GL OP, come back and play some casual WOWS. Keeping it casual keeps it fun. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,245
[PVE]
Members
7,560 posts
23,541 battles
2 hours ago, Tachnechdorus said:

I agree with you . greed is killing the game . I use to play mucho games the CVs and this new mess with the captains really turning me off .  They should of given all players that reached 19 point captains automatic 21 point captains but instead charging us double to reach what we already had. That in my book is called bait and switch and moving the goal post further down the field and in reality charging us twice for the same thing . In short cheating the costumers  !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

So what's the opposite of bait & switch... because in 6.0 the amount to go from 18-19 points was reduced from 10M to 300,000...& everybody that had a 19 point commander got enough ECXP to make 5 (closer to 6 actually) commanders from zero-19 points.

Don't consider 1.2M for both a 20th & 21st point such a big grind in comparison to those that needed 10M just to get from 18-19 points...& some players had more than 1 of those when 6.0 dropped...

& that was before ECXP existed (it arrived at 6.0) so they needed to grind out all 10M of that on 1 nation only...unless they converted FXP for it.

Sorry...but I'm not feeling the sympathy for the "make 19 pointers 21 pointers" crowd.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
69
[VAST_]
Members
154 posts
4,961 battles
9 minutes ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

I do not get all the drama, games cannot remain static. If you think you grown out of it , then just uninstall and move on??

I have seen a lot of posts like this. While I'm still playing the game, I don't find it hard to see why people make these "I'm out" posts, and it is not done to create drama.

Doesn't seem so hard to understand. When someone has devoted a lot of their leisure time (and maybe money) to a game that they have really enjoyed, only to have the developers make major changes that ruin the fun for them... why is it so dramatic or unreasonable for them to make a post stating why they are unhappy and have decided to leave? Seems they might be hoping someone will take note if enough similar posts are made, and things might be made satisfactory again somehow. Granted we are talking about WG here, but still... Futile, maybe, but not done for dramatic effect.

Cheers

 

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,611
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,569 posts
52 minutes ago, Commadore_Crunch said:

I do not get all the drama, games cannot remain static. If you think you grown out of it , then just uninstall and move on??

Me neither.  It's really not that bad.  I have been playing a LOT since this patch mind you, I am sure more than most, but I have been playing nearly just my 21 point boosted captains.  Gunther for my German lines, is an unboosted 19.  I have been playing him, but the least of my major lines.  He is already 98K, into the need 500K to get to 20.  If I look at the CXP I have earned from my 21s since the patch dropped, I could make him a 20pt right now and well into his final stretch to being another newly minted 21.

Again, I play way more than most and I understand that, but we are what.....a week into the patch and here I am well on my to makeing a fresh one? 

It's not nearly as difficult as people want to claim.  If people spent less of their precious free time whining about it on the forums, and actually played the game with that time, they would be a lot further a long to achieving the thing that they sit around claiming is so hard.

That's not what they want to do though.  They don't want to hear or go prove to themselves, that it isn't really that hard to do.  They would rather sit around complaining about it.

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,139
[GWG]
Members
7,358 posts
14,120 battles
2 minutes ago, OrangXiauH said:

A605FC70B5EB19814712DD985F55FFB5.jpg

Oh, to finally get a 15 point captain with Air Supremacy !!!!

I had to work a captain on a fully flagged Texas for a month to get there.  Then drop into an Independence and go seal-clubbing in Team Battles.

Those were the good days.  We didn't even have any premium carriers.  Saipan hadn't come out yet.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×