You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Lose_dudes

Tech trees... just another money grab

22 comments in this topic

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
733 battles

Honestly, with all the keen players out here, I'm surprised to see no one's noticed the blatant money grab Tech trees are. Seriously? Paywalling good ships behind free xp barriers? No problem! Buy a premium ship and convert! Tech trees is a joke of a cash grab and it just makes me sad to see what WG does to monentize these days. This is a giant joke. I suggest, WG, if you want people to play more, DELETE TECH TREES, REMOVE SUBS, AND WHY THE HELL ARE HELICOPTERS ON RUSSIAN CVS EVEN A THING

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 3

[WOLF1]
Members
767 posts
1,791 battles
On 1/28/2021 at 11:38 AM, Lose_dudes said:

Honestly, with all the keen players out here, I'm surprised to see no one's noticed the blatant money grab Tech trees are. Seriously? Paywalling good ships behind free xp barriers? No problem! Buy a premium ship and convert! Tech trees is a joke of a cash grab and it just makes me sad to see what WG does to monentize these days. This is a giant joke. I suggest, WG, if you want people to play more, DELETE TECH TREES, REMOVE SUBS, AND WHY THE HELL ARE HELICOPTERS ON RUSSIAN CVS EVEN A THING

You know free xp can be obtained for free in every game, and converting xp from premium ships is only a way to speed up the process. Plus, there are good ships in regular tech trees, such as NC, Hallands, etc

Edited by Boomer625
  • Meh 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,621 posts

The occasional well done troll thread is just that.  Well done so that it's nearly impossible to clearly say that it's a troll thread.  That's what trolling means, tricking people.

WG mods really need to start smacking down this onslaught just really bad ones though.  Good trolls at least try a little.

• Meh 1

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
733 battles
3 minutes ago, Boomer625 said:

You know free xp can be obtained for free in every game, and converting xp from premium ships is only a way not speed up the process. Plus, there are good ships in regular tech trees, such as NC, Hallands, etc

NO! NO! THIS CAN'T BE TRUE!

[ARGSY]
Members
22,995 posts
17,021 battles
9 minutes ago, Lose_dudes said:

You're onto a good thing, but my advice to you would be not more than one troll post a day. If you spam it too hard, the novelty wears off and you start becoming just another annoying troll rather than a light being shone on the cockroaches of hypocrisy.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
733 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

You're onto a good thing, but my advice to you would be not more than one troll post a day. If you spam it too hard, the novelty wears off and you start becoming just another annoying troll rather than a light being shone on the cockroaches of hypocrisy.

I guess. It's like handing out all the reactions in a minute.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
733 battles
1 minute ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Although knowing the knuckleheads out there in the forums, I might've accidentally triggered some sleeping monster!

[WOLF1]
Members
767 posts
1,791 battles
1 minute ago, Lose_dudes said:

I guess. It's like handing out all the reactions in a minute.

Well I guess I take the bait to make sure people don’t misread the thread

Edited by Boomer625

Members
562 posts

I'm having trouble trying to wrap my head around the OP's posts...Are they trying to troll OR trying to be a parody of a troll? 

I really can't decide which.

Edited by OuijaApologist

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
1 hour ago, Lose_dudes said:

OK you are loosing your touch. When you troll it is best to only do one thread at the most each day. Otherwise it is just to obvious. 

[SALVO]
Members
6,642 posts
5,255 battles

:Smile_sceptic: ... This thread is like a Wes Anderson movie, you are told it is a comedy... But it isn't funny...

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts

It's a forum bug ... once you have placed someone on ignore, the system should no longer make their threads visible to you.  

At least if you open them by mistake, the contents are hidden ... but it's still a microsecond of wasted effort unless you remember it's an idiot or troll.

Be gone again ...

poof.jpeg

[WKY04]
Members
3,860 posts
24,497 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

:Smile_sceptic: ... This thread is like a Wes Anderson movie, you are told it is a comedy... But it isn't funny...

And they have to tell you its a comedy in the trailer. 

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
3,287 posts
26,944 battles
3 hours ago, Lose_dudes said:

It's a Bait and switch and moving the goal post further down the field in order to squeeze more money out of these gullible  players who are sticking up for this company. The right thing would of and should of been is to give all players who have reached the maximum 19 point captains an automictic 21 point captains.  It's called greed !!!!!!!  

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
5 hours ago, Lose_dudes said:

AND WHY THE HELL ARE HELICOPTERS ON RUSSIAN CVS EVEN A THING

But, those helicopters on the Leningrad class CVH's are there to hunt subs...:cap_cool:

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,277 posts
On 1/28/2021 at 1:38 PM, Lose_dudes said:

I don't worry about it I bought the Smaland outright I think it was 2 million converted for 330 dollars US to FXP and my ground 320,000 FXP from 10 days of gaming 24/7 And bingo, a new Smaland. (Not doing that again.)

I do have a few millions to convert with hard money to FXP to buy more tech tree ships etc. The russian line for one and the japanese DD split line for the other. I'll top off the UK lines in cruisers and BB's etc etc etc etc.

Eventually I hope to have the entire Tech tree collection save Asia, Europe by December. If we are still here then almost a year from now the santa crates will have no choice but to drop the USS Enterprise, the Black, Benham etc. Because most of the generic tech trees are already in port. (Not to mention more and more snowflakes. The problem begins with being awake a certain number of hours per day and night. I must sleep 4 hours every 20 I think it is. I can go to 50 or 80 straight through but it's expensive with food and drinks etc.

I quit worrying about the money long ago. i consider msyelf a whale. Locked in due to Covid and no girlfriend to chase and pass the time with right now. (I have someone who is truly specal to me and frankly with her health issues its better I did not bring in anyone right now.) Right now I am not spending very much temporarily. I am waiting to see how 10.0 plays out before completing the steel ships and RB ships etc. There are plans. About 2000 dollars worth. In due time. Someday. But today is not that day yet.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,302 posts
On 1/28/2021 at 5:02 PM, DocWalker said:

It's a forum bug ... once you have placed someone on ignore, the system should no longer make their threads visible to you.  

At least if you open them by mistake, the contents are hidden ... but it's still a microsecond of wasted effort unless you remember it's an idiot or troll.

Be gone again ...

If you want, I can go over the gist of them in the in game clan chat.....would make a change from my rants about cruiser divisions.

[WOLFC]
Members
3,200 posts
9 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

If you want, I can go over the gist of them in the in game clan chat.....would make a change from my rants about cruiser divisions.

Thanks, amigo ... but regurgitated [edited] is still [edited] ... :Smile_teethhappy:

omg ... B S is a filtered acronym?  Do they have any idea some of the language these children use?

Edited by DocWalker

Members
2,289 posts
52 battles
On 1/28/2021 at 8:38 PM, Lose_dudes said:

WHY THE HELL ARE HELICOPTERS ON RUSSIAN CVS EVEN A THING

...is there perhaps some info you'd like to share?

zXAA3CV.gif

[WOLFC]
Members
256 posts
10,361 battles
4 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

would make a change from my rants about cruiser divisions.

I play in cruiser divisions all the time.  :Smile_sad::Smile_hiding:

[BLKRS]
Alpha Tester
1,106 posts
3,002 battles
On 1/28/2021 at 1:38 PM, Lose_dudes said:

What you fail to realize....

Is everyone knew this before World of Warships was even released YEARS ago... It's called World of Tanks... Nobody was surprised when it happened here too...

One good surprise though, was the removal of gold ammo. Now you can start talking about money grabbing...