Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Taylor3006

Any Plans for Research Bureau?

14 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

5,352
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,638 posts
25,098 battles

Are there any plans at all to add something to the Research Bureau besides buying tier 10 ships and upgrades for them? I mean if I want signals, can buy those for credits with a freaking coupon. How about the special upgrades that are normally sold for coal? Maybe some lower tier ships? Just something interesting. Better yet, allow RB points to be traded for coal like steel is? I am accumulating those RB points and there is literally nothing worth having in that part of the shop. It is kinda depressing and really a pointless addition to the game if there are no plans for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,433
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles

From the Wiki

The Research Bureau provides a way for highly accomplished players to earn ships otherwise unobtainable, and have some fun doing it.
They erase progress on a tech tree ship line back through Tier II and re-earn the ships all the way up to Tier X.

Research Points Research Points can be exchanged in the Armory for items, most notably the unique ships X Colbert (57,000 Research Points), X Ohio (62,000 Research Points), X Slava (63,000 Research Points), IX Paolo Emilio (43,000 Research Points), and IX Siegfried (47,000 Research Points), Unique Upgrades, and signal flags. In the future more items will become available for Research Points. See the Armory page for updates and details.

So short answer is Yes.

I would love to see some unique permanent camo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
273
[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
477 posts
20,567 battles
15 minutes ago, paradat said:

I would love to see some unique permanent camo.

Yes.
Not really sure what to do with RBP other than sit and wait, as the only ship that used to interest me, doesn't really anymore.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,433
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Kartoffel said:

Yes.
Not really sure what to do with RBP other than sit and wait, as the only ship that used to interest me, doesn't really anymore.

Gotcha. I am a bit of a ship collector so I am always going for all of them lol.  For snow flakes if for nothing else. I also enjoy the leveling process. So resetting for me is always a positive experience regardless of rewards. Also since I typically do not move Captains this has allowed me to have dedicated captains on every ship and so I have a lot of skilled commanders at every tier.

The RB is really for players that are done or mostly done with all the tech tree lines.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,647
[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,619 posts

I am hoping they don't drop one of the new skip bomber CVs in there.  I mean it's fine if they put one in there in general, I am just low on RB points atm. :Smile_sad:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,573
[RLGN]
Members
15,491 posts
27,194 battles
45 minutes ago, paradat said:

Gotcha. I am a bit of a ship collector so I am always going for all of them lol.  For snow flakes if for nothing else. I also enjoy the leveling process. So resetting for me is always a positive experience regardless of rewards.

A difference between us. To me resetting is throwing away previous effort.

45 minutes ago, paradat said:

Also since I typically do not move Captains this has allowed me to have dedicated captains on every ship and so I have a lot of skilled commanders at every tier.

Partly why the multi-class skill rework change holds little meaning to me.

45 minutes ago, paradat said:

The RB is really for players that are done or mostly done with all the tech tree lines.

Mostly true for me, but I’ve chosen not to participate. Partly because of the above, and partly because none of the ships interest me.

About 22k+ RB points right now? The 10k they gave out at the beginning, and the rest from various misc, Dockyard, various daily things and such.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,433
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
1 minute ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

A difference between us. To me resetting is throwing away previous effort.

Partly why the multi-class skill rework change holds little meaning to me.

Mostly true for me, but I’ve chosen not to participate. Partly because of the above, and partly because none of the ships interest me.

About 22k+ RB points right now? The 10k they gave out at the beginning, and the rest from various misc, Dockyard, various daily things and such.

All good points. 

1) I agree except I enjoy resting lines I like. I will likely never reset I line I did not enjoy. Again this is in the context of a player that has finished all the lines. 

2) Yeah same for me with the exceptions of the unique commanders. Love being able to set them up for multiple ships.

3) Fair enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
675
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,264 posts

Im already waiting for the RB to go to 4x bonus. I am in a position to do it twice or three times. A million FXP and about 50 million credits. Retrain the whole line in a few minutes. Win 5 battles in the top 10 ships. 15 minutes after that do it again with another line (Probably a cheap destroyer T1 through T10 instead of honking big BB's)

Do that two or three times presto Ohio or some other ship and a few modules to go with other ships already in the list. Who knows. I do know this., It would not bother me to buy the entire stock of RB ships this year before 2022.

The problems are with the steel. Ive only managed to accumulate about 15300 or so in the last 2 months. Ive another 20K to go. That will probably take a year or two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,352
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,638 posts
25,098 battles
9 hours ago, paradat said:

From the Wiki

The Research Bureau provides a way for highly accomplished players to earn ships otherwise unobtainable, and have some fun doing it.
They erase progress on a tech tree ship line back through Tier II and re-earn the ships all the way up to Tier X.

Research Points Research Points can be exchanged in the Armory for items, most notably the unique ships X Colbert (57,000 Research Points), X Ohio (62,000 Research Points), X Slava (63,000 Research Points), IX Paolo Emilio (43,000 Research Points), and IX Siegfried (47,000 Research Points), Unique Upgrades, and signal flags. In the future more items will become available for Research Points. See the Armory page for updates and details.

So short answer is Yes.

I would love to see some unique permanent camo.

Yeah I read this and it hasn't changed. No low tier ships, only unique upgrades for the tier 10s, and signal flags that are far cheaper to buy with credits & coupons than for using RB points. So the answer would be no, not yes. 

RB points just seem a waste unless you play with tier 10 ships. One reason I don't mind steel is that it can be used for coal purchases. RB points need to have the same utility. 

Edited by Taylor3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,599
[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts

Well, in a parallel to World of Warcraft: @paradat is the guy who levels to max level, putters around a bit, then goes and makes a new one and levels it instead of playing 'endgame' with the first one.  He occasionally deletes a character he leveled, so he can do it again, and remember the fun he had doing it.  Also, he tries out just about any class he can get his hands on, too see what it can do.

Lots of other people rush to their preferred level, only play the 'flavor-of-the-moment best character type', and generally don't bother with leveling anymore unless, of course, a a new class is 'best meta' like I mentioned.   And, when they run into that, they push as hard and as fast to get to the endgame with it, and gripe the entire way that they wish didn't have to level anything.

There are lots of people between those extremes, and because of that, no, we're not really all playing the same game for the same reasons, which is something many in this forum don't quite understand.

 

 

 

Edited by Kesh_Lives
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,433
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
1 hour ago, Kesh_Lives said:

Well, in a parallel to World of Warcraft: @paradat is the guy who levels to max level, putters around a bit, then goes and makes a new one and levels it instead of playing 'endgame' with the first one.  He occasionally deletes a character he leveled, so he can do it again, and remember the fun he had doing it.  Also, he tries out just about any class he can get his hands on, too see what it can do.

Lots of other people rush to their preferred level, only play the 'flavor-of-the-moment best character type', and generally don't bother with leveling anymore unless, of course, a a new class is 'best meta' like I mentioned.   And, when they run into that, they push as hard and as fast to get to the endgame with it, and gripe the entire way that they wish didn't have to level anything.

There are lots of people between those extremes, and because of that, no, we're not really all playing the same game for the same reasons, which is something many in this forum don't quite understand.

 

 

 

Yeah that is about right lol. That pretty much somes up my Black Desert gameplay.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,599
[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
21 minutes ago, paradat said:

Yeah that is about right lol. That pretty much some up my Black Desert gameplay.

Yeah.  "What's this do?"  "Hmm, if I combine it with this, does it work?"

I played raid tank in World of Warcraft up through 2012 or so, and didn't play any other game, really, for that time.  But, I still had to try everything.  Now, I play multiple games, but, I love the warships, so I have to try them out and see what they'll do.  Black Desert Online...yeah, leveled several classes to 50, where the heavy PvP competition for grinding spots start, and I just stop there.

I just don't have the 'competitive urge' in games anymore, much.  When I was pushing hardcore raid tank in 2005-2012, I didn't have the greatest career going, and didn't have anything to excel at outside games.  I was putting my wife through school, and all that, and recovering from some medical stuff.  I'm past that now, and I play to have fun, but, with my old history, I still at least try to do it right, even if I come up short.    

What you won't see is me playing the same ship for a month because it's 'the best ship' at the time.  I'd just uninstall a week into that.

Different people, different things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,274
[-K-]
[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,630 posts
9,965 battles
9 hours ago, Admiral_Kartoffel said:

Not really sure what to do with RBP other than sit and wait, as the only ship that used to interest me, doesn't really anymore.

Siegfried? If so, same here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
273
[KREW]
[KREW]
Members
477 posts
20,567 battles
2 hours ago, vak_ said:

Siegfried? If so, same here.

Yep, had occasionally been questioning my decision to grab Ohio instead last May. Not anymore. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×