You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xalmgrey

Maybe treat your players with more respect?

29 comments in this topic

[PQUOD]
Members
2,453 posts
5,640 battles

Word gets around about your antics WG. There are only so many people interested in a niche game like this. It is a very limited pool. The problem is WG you tend to pee in this pool and then expect we not only want to jump in with you, but also bring our friends. Well, they don't want to jump into this pool because word got around the last pool called World of Tanks turned into a septic tank.

I'm not a whale player by any means, I am missing plenty of ships. I don't mind spending money on games, I see it no different than spending money on other hobbies I enjoy spending lots of time in. The thing is your changes and lack of respect towards players who currently play your game make it rather hard to want to continue spending money on your product.

And then you start literally paying your players to recruit. Actual cash. The desperation in this is very obvious.

The thing is you would have more players able to recruit if you treated your current players with some modicum of respect, that word would get around and players wouldn't run in terror when someone asks them to play a game by the WoT company. 

I want people to come to play this with me but WG you are making this an impossible task. So maybe, just maybe start treating the players better and this won't be a task you have to pay us to do.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 18
  • Thanks 7
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

[KWF]
Members
5,584 posts
6,878 battles

To be honest I'm almost too afraid to think what percentage of the "new recruits" will just be veteran player rerolls looking for a quick and easy buck and how a potential rise in new player numbers could be totally artificial. As it is, I can get to tier VI with ease and without any effort in 4-5 days for like 2-3 hours/day just by game knowledge alone.

Edited by warheart1992

[REVY]
Members
8,251 posts
6,118 battles
1 minute ago, warheart1992 said:

To be honest I'm almost too afraid to think what percentage of the "new recruits" will just be veteran player rerolls looking for a quick and easy buck and how a potential rise in new player numbers could be totally artificial. As it is, I can get to tier VI with ease and without any effort in 4-5 days for like 2-3 hours/day just by game knowledge alone.

Apparently you can get to tier 10 in just 22 games.

[XXII]
Banned
862 posts
727 battles
15 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Word gets around about your antics WG. There are only so many people interested in a niche game like this. It is a very limited pool. The problem is WG you tend to pee in this pool and then expect we want to jump in with you but also bring our friends. Well, they don't want to jump into this pool because word got around the last pool called World of Tanks turned into a septic tank.

I'm not a whale player by any means, I am missing plenty of ships. I don't mind spending money on games, I see it no different than spending money on other hobbies i enjoy spending lots of time in. The thing is your changes and lack of respect towards players who currently play your game make it rather hard to want to continue spending money on your product.

And then you start literally paying your players to recruit. Actual cash. The desperation in this is very obvious.

The thing is you would have more players able to recruit if you treated your current players with some modicum of respect, that word would get around and players wouldn't run in terror when someone asks them to play a game by the WoT company. 

I want people to come to play this with me but WG you are making this an impossible task. So maybe, just maybe start treating the players better and this won't be a task you have to pay us to do.

If I was WG I would seriously do something about this if posts like this didn't show up every day.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,453 posts
5,640 battles
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I mean I considered that for a few seconds when I saw the article but that kind of pay to time ratio is huge. It would be more time-efficient to beg for change on the street.

[KWF]
Members
5,584 posts
6,878 battles
1 minute ago, Sventex said:

Apparently you can get to tier 10 in just 22 games.

Yeah I saw that vid when it came out, though I have some disagreements considering Sea Lord did it on an existing account. A year or so ago I did an experiment on a fresh account on how easy it would be. Keep in mind that was before even more improvements in Level unlocks. No access on signals etc, so pretty much whatever I earned or could get for free. Took me 10-11 hours, 22 Random Battles, 23 Co-Op.

[SIM]
Members
5,741 posts
9,263 battles

Respect? This game’s community largely acts like a bunch of middle-aged men with full diapers. If you don’t like the way that WG handles themselves or the game, you can take your patronage elsewhere. The sense of entitlement that some of you people have is nauseating. 

• Cool 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 8
  • Meh 16

[PQUOD]
Members
2,453 posts
5,640 battles
11 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Respect? This game’s community largely acts like a bunch of middle-aged men with full diapers. If you don’t like the way that WG handles themselves or the game, you can take your patronage elsewhere. The sense of entitlement that some of you people have is nauseating. 

Regardless of what some people on the forums act like it is pretty hard to deny the dent fiascos like PR bring to the health of the game overall. Especially when the CEO and higher-ups were okay with what was going on.

I also would expect a company to not act like a person that you can offend and therefore somehow justify treating their entire player base badly because of some vocal forum users. I think that is a silly notion and I'm only asking to be respected as a customer and not treated like a game testing lab rat that gets treated terribly from a company I pay money to purchase things from.

Respect is a two-way street. They are in control of how everything goes for them company-wise. This is their house and we are their guest. As a host, you set the tone.

Edited by xalmgrey
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,717 posts
12,517 battles

The problem is the forums are media formats where people feel its freedom of speech to complain about everything.  I constantly scream and say MORONS when I play this game while the wife is laughing.  When I can figure out to live on with the fact that 90% of people are just playing this for fun or are a ship fan.  My brother can't get into this game to play.  But I'm catching him on every once in and while playing some bots.  That's not going to keep the game floating.   Tanks died when the chat became toxic.. didn't' they finally remove it.

So they don't have to respect you .. I mean you can come on here trash them every minute of the day... they can ban you, but we all scream about it.

Sorry its nothing to do with Respect.

[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,704 battles
37 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

I cannot argue this point. While there is truth to the OP, a lot of people literally cry and spread negativity doom & gloom without even trying a new change.

28 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

Regardless of what some people on the forums act like it is pretty hard to deny the dent fiascos like PR bring to the health of the game overall. Especially when the CEO and higher-ups were okay with what was going on.

I also would expect a company to not act like a person that you can offend and therefore somehow justify treating their entire player base badly because of some vocal forum users. I think that is a silly notion and I'm only asking to be respected as a customer and not treated like a game testing lab rat that gets treated terribly from a company I pay money to purchase things from.

Respect is a two-way street. They are in control of how everything goes for them company-wise. This is their house and we are their guest. As a host, you set the tone.

What you speak is true, but it involves morals. Corporations stopped acting with morals some time ago, to think any modern corporation would move in a different direction is (unfortunately) a dream. 
Furthermore: companies like this have found that preying on people’s emotions to get them to spend lots and lots of money is highly effective (and lucrative). And once those folks have “invested” in the game for pixels, the Company has even more power. They can annoy you and you will not give up as easily because of the amount of time and money invested in “their pixels”.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,225 posts
15,894 battles
41 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

You do not run a business, I do.  My business would be out of business if I have the iron ear WG has...they literally have to be forced to make changes by yelling and screaming... that is not entitlement, that is frustration, anger and hurt...because some folks here ACTUALLY like this game.  Their customer service skills are okay at best, their finger on the pulse of their own game is abysmal.   

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Meh 1

[B-Z]
Members
203 posts
23,405 battles
39 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

The problem is this is a niche game.

There are many reasons to stay.

Sadly though there are also many apparent faults that seem fixable. Bugs, lack of proper testing or bad testing criteria, apparent disrespect for players.

Despite what you may think many of us do actually want the game to succeed and improve. We want to play with happy players who don't feel shafted. You can look at it as a complaint but I think you may find it just a form of frustrated constructive criticism.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,302 posts

11 minutes ago, Morpheous said:

You do not run a business, I do.  My business would be out of business if I have the iron ear WG has...they literally have to be forced to make changes by yelling and screaming... that is not entitlement, that is frustration, anger and hurt...because some folks here ACTUALLY like this game.  Their customer service skills are okay at best, their finger on the pulse of their own game is abysmal.   

Responding to edgelords like you did is unfortunately fruitless.  One look at the icon should have told me that but...I put him on ignore last week.

Anyways, to your point about business....I run one too.

The % of people who complain in this business is about the same as those who complain about a normal business  - difference is this business pretty much has to provide a forum for complaints or it won't stay around.

Running an online games is a fundamentally different business then others.

Among other things, people in here think the way they want the game to be is the product being served....it isn't.  The product is..well, let me quote another person on this thread. This game is for casuals way more then people in this forum and CC'ers on the tubes would have us believe.

16 minutes ago, Nachoo31 said:

The problem is the forums are media formats where people feel its freedom of speech to complain about everything.  I constantly scream and say MORONS when I play this game while the wife is laughing.  When I can figure out to live on with the fact that 90% of people are just playing this for fun or are a ship fan. 

Edited by Anonymous50

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,225 posts
15,894 battles
2 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

Responding to edgelords like you did is unfortunately fruitless.  One look at the icon should have told me that but...I put him on ignore last week.

Anyways, to your point about business....I run one too.

The % of people who complain in this business is about the same as those who complain about a normal business  - difference is this business pretty much has to provide a forum for complaints or it won't stay around.

Running an online games is a fundamentally different business then others.

Among other things, people in here think the way they want the game to be is the product being served....it isn't.  The product is..well, let me quote another person on this thread. This game is for casuals way more then people in this forum and CC'ers on the tubes would have us believe.

It would be interesting to know the percentage of players are clan members...not that every clan is together for competitive reasons, but clan membership usually points in that direction, even at a casual competitiveness... we are a competitive clan but casual...but I can say with 100% certainty that my clan members are taking the game very seriously and to a person are not amused by bad play or bad players...and they play for fun too of course...but for most people, winning is fun and losing kinda sucks unless it was a epic loss...then sometimes that is better than a win.

[HINON]
Members
8,630 posts
12,554 battles
5 hours ago, Nachoo31 said:

So they don't have to respect you

i dont have to respect them either, so theres that, and given the crap WG has pulled ever since that disaster that was the first Dockyard, i basically have 0 zero respect left for them and theyre not exactly doing anything to try and get it back

Edited by tcbaker777

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

It is interesting that my brother tried to get me to play this game for a long time. He started in beta. But now, with the recent disasters, he is already leaving the game before the dockyard even finishes. I am at least trying to complete the DY as I were stupid enough to dump dbs into it.

• Sad 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,453 posts
5,640 battles
49 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

i dont have to respect them either, so theres that, and given the crap WG has pulled ever since that disaster that was the first Dockyard, i basically have 0 zero respect left for them and theyre not exactly doing anything to try and get it back

You would figure at some point they would learn that growth from new sources for this game isn't infinite and that working with the players they have would be a far better solution to what we have now.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,302 posts
3 hours ago, Morpheous said:

..but for most people, winning is fun and losing kinda sucks unless it was a epic loss...then sometimes that is better than a win.

Assuming you meant winning = fun and losing does not equal fun, I think  you would be very surprised at the amount of people who disagree with this statement & play this game.

[PQUOD]
Members
2,453 posts
5,640 battles
1 hour ago, Anonymous50 said:

Assuming you meant winning = fun and losing does not equal fun, I think  you would be very surprised at the amount of people who disagree with this statement & play this game.

Yeah, I can lose a match but have enjoyed the match itself. Fun and winning aren't exclusive. If that was the case this place would be a ghost town.

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,225 posts
15,894 battles
19 hours ago, Anonymous50 said:

I would say less than 20%.... and the majority would be females...and if I have to explain that to you then you don't understand women.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,259 posts

You go through gamers like you go through a generation of children in kindergarden. A new batch every year. Thats what keeps the game going long term.

Its really dangerous to be newbie and get into the game that has been around a while or even dying in some cases. As long there is fresh meat the game will continue on.

As far as the recruiting I don't worry about it. It gives off the wrong signal from WG who might be hurting to not have the income that once existed prior to updates 10.0. Even if I wanted to, its just me. I got out of the recruiting bit long ago. If so and so wants to play the game great. Have at it. But I am not going to be the one to nudge that so and so towards a game that has been potentially broken in several ways already.

After careful thought Respect has nothing to do with it. Not when you have to disable chat, run a blacklist and toss problem people who don't have respect in the first place. Its something that does not exist in game. How do I prove that? easy. Go into any ranked as a DD and then fail to go to the middle objective first when game starts. Watch the salt pile up against you. Because you did not conform like the rest of the sheep doing what is expected of them by the collective.

Edited by xHeavy

[GRETA]
Members
466 posts
16,659 battles

Its a free to play game so I cut WG a lot of slack. But that's not a complete pass.

WG does shoot themselves in the foot A LOT.

Their foresight is terrible. They make many changes without considering repercussions, the changes are poorly tested and when implemented cannot be undone. Rolling the game back to a previous version would mean restoring everyone's accounts and that will never happen. My impression is they are one bad improvement from a fatal error that drives away 50% of the player base. 

I joke about them having a VP of Bad Ideas but they remind me of businesses that hire managers who simply look at the books and make drastic changes without understanding the business or marketing of that business. 

(Seaman; Ensign sir, we took a torpedo and have flooding in the bow!    Ensign; "Well don't just stand there open up the hatches and let the water out.")

The VP of BI has too much control and this feels like a slowly sinking ship. 

I no longer have any interest in getting people to join. That may change once I see fewer game play and public relations debacles. 

• Cool 2

[SGSS]
Members
5,559 posts
On 1/28/2021 at 2:09 PM, xalmgrey said:

Word gets around about your antics WG. There are only so many people interested in a niche game like this. It is a very limited pool. The problem is WG you tend to pee in this pool and then expect we not only want to jump in with you, but also bring our friends. Well, they don't want to jump into this pool because word got around the last pool called World of Tanks turned into a septic tank.

I'm not a whale player by any means, I am missing plenty of ships. I don't mind spending money on games, I see it no different than spending money on other hobbies I enjoy spending lots of time in. The thing is your changes and lack of respect towards players who currently play your game make it rather hard to want to continue spending money on your product.

The way the player base treated other players during the CV rework was far worse than anything WG has done.

Calling fellow players all kinds of disgusting things that you would never say in person or you are the most disgusting human ever.

Don't call out WG with out calling out the players first.

Edited by jags_domain
  • Boring 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,796 posts
12,862 battles
2 minutes ago, jags_domain said:

The way the player base treated other players during the CV rework was far worse than anything WG has done.

Calling fellow players all kinds of disgusting things that you would never say in person or you are the most disgusting human ever.

Don't call put WG with out calling out the players first.

:cap_look: