You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
handybilly

Name a ship of yours that has benefited from the rework

51 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
660 posts
10,686 battles

I will start

T-61.  This gem of a bote only got better (as did most torpedo boats) Build her out to a full torpedo build and just go to town. With the added flooding, added torp speed and quick reload (just over sixty seconds) she can spam death. At tier VI there is little worry about radar and plenty of slow BBs to smash up.  She has smoke, hydro, speed boost and her guns are serviceable when needed.  I find her to be a great weak side defender as she can kite and fire off a salvo of fish every 30 seconds to impeded the advancing reds.  What ship are you liking as a result of the skills reset?

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,619 posts

Des Moines seems to have made out pretty good.  I know RU cruisers are usually all the rage but I really like my DM.

• Cool 1

Members
348 posts
5,710 battles

Swedish DDs are in a good spot too. Although DDs generally didn't change much, the added amount of skill points allows me to spec into additional skills for faster torpedo reload and a faster speed when undetected at the cost of 0.1s to main battery reload (at least when it comes to the Ostergotland and Halland).

Edited by FullMetal_Inferno

Members
1,118 posts
1,595 battles

Campbeltown, I can now get Last Stand without having to worry about other previous skills. She's capable of maintaining 30 knots with a damaged engine.

[WPORT]
Members
7,820 posts
12,868 battles

None.
All ships require more skill points to achieve similar or reduced capabilities when compared to game-play prior to the skills re-bork.

Having 3 skill points used to be enough for some fun non-competitive game-play.
Not any more.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,638 posts
5,231 battles

If your original build didn't include PT or AR, you should be fine... As long as you are not a cruiser trying for BoS, or extended range in your low caliber guns, or a battleship wondering why your extra heal is now 4 points... 

[KWF]
Members
5,585 posts
6,892 battles

Kleber right now is a better CL than most actual CLs.

Asashio purely because of the almost constant 5 BB battles is loads of fun.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Members
2,988 posts
8,215 battles

Roma benefited massively, since her playstyle was always about using the concealment to get closer shots anyway, so you already will play at a good range for Deadeye (i.e not near max) if you're good with Roma. I'm not going to name my more accurate BBs, because Deadeye only made them too strong.

Edited by MnemonScarlet

[W_H_S]
Members
89 posts
8,052 battles

thunderer, mushashi, yammy, vermont, monty, all great deadeye boats, shima, gearing, kamikaze for torp changes, 

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

Hindenburg with full DPM (Heavy HE and SAP, Super Heavy AP, Pyrotechnician, Top Grade Gunner ) / no concealment (no CM, replace Concealment Module with Steering Gear, Gun Fire Control System Mod 2 in Slot 6 (Up's base range to 20.4KM) build is pretty cool, provides an upgrade if you want to play her as a long range HE spammer and still allows her to move in during late game to punish ships with AP. 

• Cool 1

[UAA]
Members
100 posts
6,750 battles

Mikasa, for obvious reasons.

Also Shimakaze. Roaming around a little over 44-47 kts and launching 12 km torps traveling at 74 kts is amazing.

I don't need to list the high tier BBs, I think. They are doing great.

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
5,744 posts
9,263 battles

I think that my Z-44 build got a touch better, but honestly most of my boats aren’t notably different post-rework. I never ran secondary spec anything before, and I’m not interested in Deadeye, so...

[PVE]
Members
20,162 posts
13,047 battles

The 30 or so where I was able to move Cmdrs around and retrain them for free.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,302 posts
23 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Asashio purely because of the almost constant 5 BB battles is loads of fun.

That's been the meta since last summer.

The real change in the meta affecting Asashio is a reduction in cruisers focused on radar - this is being offset by more PA DD's &   Smalands with radar so its actually a bit of a wash.

Asashio is doing well now because of the Swift-in-Silence upgrade  coupled with the faster torps no longer being restricted to 16km.

• Cool 1

[BNKR]
[BNKR]
Members
2,802 posts
2,663 battles

Orkan. 26.4 seconds of active radar time on a DD is hilarious.

Duca D'Aosta.  Lost DE since the new one isnt worth 2 points, which freed up 3 extra points from the old build. Her fire chance was never good anyway, even after DE.

[DOG]
Members
1,241 posts
12,965 battles
54 minutes ago, handybilly said:

I will start

T-61.  This gem of a bote only got better (as did most torpedo boats) Build her out to a full torpedo build and just go to town. With the added flooding, added torp speed and quick reload (just over sixty seconds) she can spam death. At tier VI there is little worry about radar and plenty of slow BBs to smash up.  She has smoke, hydro, speed boost and her guns are serviceable when needed.  I find her to be a great weak side defender as she can kite and fire off a salvo of fish every 30 seconds to impeded the advancing reds.  What ship are you liking as a result of the skills reset?

I haven't had the chance to check out too many ships yet.  I had enough ECXP and FXP combined to immediately promote two 19-point captains to 21 points.  I did John Doe, since I have a lot of American premiums.  So far, Somers seems to have benefited a bit.  My gun reload is 6 seconds instead of 5.4, but that's not a big deal when you consider all the goodies for the torps, plus the Dazzle skill.  15 seconds is usually long enough to either jump behind an island or do a 180 and pop smoke.  Thanks for the tip on T-61.  I'll have to check it out.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
190 posts
4,402 battles

All my DDs...I'm a huge fan of the dazzle skill + CE + RPF...It's been a ton of fun and really carries for wins.

[CAAT]
Members
953 posts
4,557 battles
34 minutes ago, ArIskandir said:

If your original build didn't include PT or AR, you should be fine

TFW you realize ALL of your builds had these two skills lols!

And in response to OP....well, Secondaries battleships sure as heck didn't benefit....The data I've accumulated through testing has confirmed that one. Hit rate is a big oof.

Of course virtually every battleship benefits from Dead Eye, but you don't have to use it if you don't want to. It's almost refreshing NOT using it and actually trying to brawl in the caps in Oklahoma XD

I GUESS Oklahoma is doing SLIGHTLY better hit rate-wise....But only slightly. Definitely not worth the cost of massively losing secondary build effectiveness on like all other battleships Tiers 7 and up, that's for sure. I don't actually have Mikasa (I know, impossible) so I can't say I've tested her secondaries yet XD

[SALVO]
Members
6,638 posts
5,231 battles
1 minute ago, SaiIor_Moon said:

TFW you realize ALL of your builds had these two skills lols!

yes I do...

[P-V-E]
Members
1,649 posts

Over all I think if I take the entirety of USN ships, it has been a positive experience with gains, but it is the edge-case ships that suffer like Flint or the secondary BB's, but they are also the ships that can be changed themselves by WG independently of the skills rework, like giving Flint the range buff that Atlanta had or tweaking the dispersion of Massachusetts, Georgia and Ohio.

I still have more testing to do on the RN and KM lines.

[CAAT]
Members
953 posts
4,557 battles
Just now, b101uk said:

Over all I think if I take the entirety of USN ships, it has been a positive experience with gains, but it is the edge-case ships that suffer like Flint or the secondary BB's, but they are also the ships that can be changed themselves by WG independently of the skills rework, like giving Flint the range buff that Atlanta had or tweaking the dispersion of Massachusetts, Georgia and Ohio.

Yeah no, Wargaming needs to tweak the Improved Secondary Battery skill to at least -50%, NOT the ships themeselves. Secondaries hit rate has fallen across the board and needs to be restored, which is a problem for ALL battleships. And even then, a buff to -50% will probably only equate to 5-10% more hit rate at most. But at least it's something.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Since I ended up including PM and BOS on all my builds eventually, it was just a matter of what was emphasized first, none of my ships/captains have benefited

It's really a question of how much a build has lost from the rework. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,619 posts

Oh, I haven't even looked at my IJN torp DD builds yet for shima/asahsio/hayate, still discovering things.   OOOOOoooooo those torps are fast now.  This is going to be fun.  :Smile_teethhappy: