You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MaIacca

Deadeye definitive answer needed...does CE affect it, or not?

12 comments in this topic

[SLDS]
Members
130 posts
8,132 battles

The title says it now. the wait has already been too long. We need a definitive, specific answer to this question.

Does CE affect DeadEye, or not? If yes, how? 

Not looking for a debate about whether DeadEye is good or bad for the game, plenty of threads about that already exist. I am asking, because regardless of our OPINIONS on Deadeye, we cannot effectively make build choices without a specific, direct, and clear answer from devs on this point.

And while we're at it some of the other new skills could use clarification as well.

Please and thank you and I am sure I am not the only one with this question.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,441 posts
10,826 battles

The range used for dead eye is the concealment value listed in port when you press “battle.” 

• Thanks 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,453 posts
22,679 battles

So Hapa replied yesterday to this,  but I know it's hard to bother looking and reading threads....

That port screen you have, look at what the concealment range of your ship is......

No visible enemies in that range, then DE is working....

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,308 posts

One time.

Then you will be [edited]deep in enemies and need that close quarters to get something sunk.

[SLDS]
Members
130 posts
8,132 battles
16 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

So Hapa replied yesterday to this,  but I know it's hard to bother looking and reading threads....

That port screen you have, look at what the concealment range of your ship is......

No visible enemies in that range, then DE is working....

Hapa is not a dev, and I'm not the only one that is confused by this, even after his answer even 07 still can't figure out if it's really true, and I read threads on here every day. Thanks for your chiding though.

[A-D-F]
8,633 posts
3 minutes ago, MaIacca said:

Hapa is not a dev, and I'm not the only one that is confused by this, even after his answer even 07 still can't figure out if it's really true, and I read threads on here every day. Thanks for your chiding though.

It's rather rare that the actual developers post here.  I think Hapa/player verification, is likely the best you are going to get.  Hapa doesn't usually post misinformation.  He is pretty reliable in my experience.

• Cool 1

[SLDS]
Members
130 posts
8,132 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

It's rather rare that the actual developers post here.  I think Hapa/player verification, is likely the best you are going to get.  Hapa doesn't usually post misinformation.  He is pretty reliable in my experience.

I didn't say that to rag on Hapa, he does his best with what he is given but what he is given by the dev team/ copy writers is often a confusing mess (likely on purpose to make it so he has plausible deniability and can manage the outrage storms), hence why I am calling on a dev to unambiguously and officially answer this specific question.

Edited by MaIacca

[WORX]
Members
12,543 posts
19,756 battles
37 minutes ago, MaIacca said:

The title says it now. the wait has already been too long. We need a definitive, specific answer to this question.

Not looking for a debate about whether DeadEye is good or bad for the game, plenty of threads about that already exist. I am asking, because regardless of our OPINIONS on Deadeye, we cannot effectively make build choices without a specific, direct, and clear answer from devs on this point.

And while we're at it some of the other new skills could use clarification as well.

Please and thank you and I am sure I am not the only one with this question.

As @Hapa_Fodder (if you have the link to it hapa post) stated in a previous thread...

Deadeye is dependent on the concealment value that you have when you press the "BATTLE" button.

[NMKJT]
Members
2,997 posts
8,219 battles
1 hour ago, MaIacca said:

Not only just this:

25 minutes ago, SoothingWhaleSongEU said:

Yes.

It's easiest to quote the original skills spreadsheet linked to the first https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/70 which best explained it.

image.png.ae30b147717441d62cf3af0ea2345f2c.png

Sure they could have changed it since, but I am almost certain they haven't.

But the skill update news page literally mentioned that CE and the module does affect it:

Dead Eye: reduces the dispersion of the battleship's main battery shells if there are no visible hostile ships within your ship's standard detectability range. Complement this skill with Concealment Expert and Concealment System Modification 1 to make it even more effective.

• Cool 1

[SLDS]
Members
130 posts
8,132 battles

OK, fair enough, thanks guys, I still think they made it more confusing by choosing to use the specific phrase "STANDARD"  or "basic" detectability range (implying stock) in the actual tooltip, and I assumed that was an intentional choice, but I guess not. but in any case the responses here do seem to answer so thank you. I feel a little embarrassed because I truly am a careful and thorough reader but for some reason I felt this hadn't been answered, a position which I now disavow.

Edited by MaIacca

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,453 posts
22,679 battles
11 hours ago, MaIacca said:

If you really want a 100% proof, go into a training room and test.