You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Soshi_Sone

Play is difference, but still...fun.

41 comments in this topic

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,289 posts
19,196 battles

I'm having a great time playing the brawler!  I'm not sure if it's the  Deadeye skill or not, but there seems to be a lot of the beef sitting back at sniper ranges.  So I've found brawlers, who know what they are doing, can often dictate the cap game.  Without any red big boys that can challenge me (Deadeye can usually be neutered with positioning/terrain), I get to help my DDs gain the caps, run off enemy DDs, and blap the ever decreasing number of cruisers that push up.  So...ya'll just keep sitting back there trying to keep your skill relevant.  Give me cap initiative.  It's been working for me.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
190 posts
4,395 battles

I'm glad your having fun...but the rest of it is just misinformation...DDs (and everyone else) just laugh at and farm brawling BBs that push...kinda funny how you imply we are all sitting in the back passively to make deadeye work too. But keep patting yourself on the back and condescending if it works for you I guess. I'm done wasting my time with brawlers in their current form (I guess that means I don't know what I'm doing)

[YORHA]
Members
5,260 posts
10,434 battles

Every CV player I know (including me) LOVES the Deadeye skill.     You know what we call BBs that are using it?

Food.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
16,997 battles
32 minutes ago, Almedius said:

but the rest of it is just misinformation...

It's not misinformation if the OP is actually doing it. 

That being said, @Soshi_Sone, a how-I-did-it replay or two would actually be nice - as in "I would find that interesting and enlightening to watch", rather than "I dispute your claim and demand evidence".

34 minutes ago, Almedius said:

(I guess that means I don't know what I'm doing)

Given that the OP has roughly FIVE TIMES the number of battles you do, it would seem that they have something to teach you if you're willing to listen.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,438 posts
22,640 battles
1 hour ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I'm having a great time playing the brawler!  I'm not sure if it's the  Deadeye skill or not, but there seems to be a lot of the beef sitting back at sniper ranges.  So I've found brawlers, who know what they are doing, can often dictate the cap game.  Without any red big boys that can challenge me (Deadeye can usually be neutered with positioning/terrain), I get to help my DDs gain the caps, run off enemy DDs, and blap the ever decreasing number of cruisers that push up.  So...ya'll just keep sitting back there trying to keep your skill relevant.  Give me cap initiative.  It's been working for me.

My Germans are running a hybrid D-E/2ndary build.

My Kremlin too.

I push in when the opportunity looks right and gain a cap.

My Kremlin got 2 solo caps in a game....

[USCC2]
Members
6,331 posts

In relation to Deadeye I am not sure you are making sense?

What I mean is: If you go forward to support your DDs and you are in a BB - you will be spotted and can be targeted. This has not changed, exactly the same as normal.

Therefore the players who decide to shoot at you are the same as normal - except now they have a new skill to help them hit you more accurately - should they have chose it.

And that is the main confusion with your statement, how do you even know that the current situation is down to Deadeye or not? I am happy you had some good games, but I'm not sure if the logic makes sense? :Smile_honoring:

[USCC2]
Members
6,331 posts
25 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

That being said, @Soshi_Sone, a how-I-did-it replay or two would actually be nice - as in "I would find that interesting and enlightening to watch", rather than "I dispute your claim and demand evidence".

Given that the OP has roughly FIVE TIMES the number of battles you do, it would seem that they have something to teach you if you're willing to listen.

Maybe you can answer my post below then?

1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

What I mean is: If you go forward to support your DDs and you are in a BB - you will be spotted and can be targeted. This has not changed, exactly the same as normal.

Therefore the players who decide to shoot at you are the same as normal - except now they have a new skill to help them hit you more accurately - should they have chose it.

And that is the main confusion with your statement, how do you even know that the current situation is down to Deadeye or not? I am happy you had some good games, but I'm not sure if the logic makes sense? :Smile_honoring:

[TFFOX]
Members
1,072 posts
2,572 battles

I can still have fun in a secondary specced Massy (did something new yesterday: Detonated a kagero with my secondaries!). 

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,094 posts
11,541 battles

Played a game yesterday where a kremlin and Georgia pushes a cap. They smacked our green dd around and then proceeded to completely roflstomp the entire flank and win a lop sided game. So if bbs push timely they can still make a huge difference brawling and capturing objectives

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts

Awesome! Can you share what ships, captain skills and module set ups that are working so well for you? 

Thanks in advance and happy sailing!

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
190 posts
4,395 battles
23 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I fully believe that they have made it work in a small sample size...but that is what it is...and it was more the condescending insinuations that bothered me...we have vast amounts of expert opinions here and on youtube saying the complete opposite. Those voices much more line up with my experience...I'd be willing to learn if it was a proper lesson...but we know in this case it isn't...since I'm unicum pr/win rate in the last month maybe I do actually know a lil bit as well...

[ARGSY]
Members
660 posts
10,673 battles

I agree, as a DD jock I am loving that BBs and CAs are now afraid to push a cap. It makes our battle so much easier. Those captains that learn how to push in and brawl with their big ships in this new meta will only help their team. If it can be done, that is.

[WPORT]
Members
7,796 posts
12,862 battles
Just now, handybilly said:

I agree, as a DD jock I am loving that BBs and CAs are now afraid to push a cap. It makes our battle so much easier. Those captains that learn how to push in and brawl with their big ships in this new meta will only help their team. If it can be done, that is.

Most of my pushes with Tier-9-or-10 BB's end by getting focused upon and sunk in random battles.

Co-op battles have a higher success rate, but lower rewards & earnings.

[COOP2]
Members
367 posts
9,534 battles
7 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

So if bbs push timely they can still make a huge difference brawling and capturing objectives

I think so too, even if it isn't strictly brawling but positioning at the right time to make an impact, it's just getting the rest of the team to coordinate and actually work as a team that is the problem.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,236 posts
12,085 battles
1 hour ago, OuijaApologist said:

You can't do any of that in a BB.

That's the problem. 

You can but you have to be extra careful . Honestly not everybody can aim like the players in all these videos we are watching . One thing you notice in every video the ship that gets blapped is giving full broadside going in a straight line for a while .

Like OP said position and use island as cover I am not saying it's easy or I'm good at it I'm not . But you have to go out and try you cant sit around crying it's over . We have to get closer so the skill is not active at least work on a counter .

1 minute ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Except the skill is not always active especially if people would move up . You cant delete every ship it's good but it's not that good it's not a one shot deal every time like your seeing in videos . People are just playing so scared which is probable why these clans and players put them out it messes with your head . I had some good games last night in the Massachusetts I'm not getting the secondary damage I was but the secondarys are not neutered like people say . The ship is still fun to play . I honestly haven't seen this Apocalypse of the game that dead eye and the other skills are supposedly causing .

• Cool 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,331 posts
9 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Except the skill is not always active especially if people would move up . You cant delete every ship it's good but it's not that good it's not a one shot deal every time like your seeing in videos . People are just playing so scared which is probable why these clans and players put them out it messes with your head . I had some good games last night in the Massachusetts I'm not getting the secondary damage I was but the secondarys are not neutered like people say . The ship is still fun to play . I honestly haven't seen this Apocalypse of the game that dead eye and the other skills are supposedly causing .

This is why I could not understand the logic OP was using.

In a BB, assisting allies, being spotted - no difference to normal game.

The difference in skills that he mentions is the Deadeye skill - but if anything, that would help the usual people in hitting him - IF the player took the skill (which I stated in my first post).

So if everything is the same, except for the better shots by those who chose and can use the skill - what is the point of indicating the Deadeye thing made things better - it doesn't make sense to me? Now add in the fact that you add about the secondaries not being as effective - then I really don't see the logic behind OPs statement. 

Edited by _WaveRider_

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,236 posts
12,085 battles
11 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

This is why I could not understand the logic OP was using.

In a BB, assisting allies, being spotted - no difference to normal game.

The difference in skills that he mentions is the Deadeye skill - but if anything, that would help the usual people in hitting him - IF the player took the skill (which I stated in my first post).

So if everything is the same, except for the better shots by those who chose and can use the skill - what is the point of indicating the Deadeye thing made things better - it doesn't make sense to me? Now add in the fact that you add about the secondaries not being as effective - then I really don't see the logic behind OPs statement. 

I think what he's saying is he is not getting hit by the BBs in the back that the Dead eye skill is over rated .  So now all the BBs are in the back snipping give him the opportunity to take out the CA and DD with less support . I could be dead wrong but I do kind of agree with this if your careful . Every one is not a snipper it's not as easy as they make it look . 

Edited by clammboy

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
6,289 posts
19,196 battles

Terrain is key.  Map is key.  I've always done this with my brawler BBs, but in particular my KM brawlers.  Let me re-emphasize that point.  TERRAIN IS KEY!  Lots of maps allow you to push up in a BB while taking advantage of terrain to shield from attacks.  It worked before the new skill updates...it still works today.  But in some ways it works better because there tends to be a lot more snipers in the current meta and therefore the terrain tends to protect against a larger number of foes.

I will caution folks that if you haven't already learned how to use terrain pre-patch with a brawler BB then I'm not sure how long it will take post patch.  And obviously, some maps are more difficult than others.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1

[USCC2]
Members
6,331 posts
13 minutes ago, clammboy said:

I think what he's saying is he is not getting hit by the BBs in the back that the Dead eye skill is over rated .  So now all the BBs are in the back snipping give him the opportunity to take out the CA and DD with less support . I could be dead wrong but I do kind of agree with this if your careful .

That's what I thought he was saying, but my problem with the logic is 'how does he know they have DeadEye?'.

Is he saying that in a normal game of Randoms he is noticing non-brawling BBs are even further out (so he has come to the conclusion they are further out because of the DE skill)? Personally I can't see them needing to be further out than they generally are, as they are usually outside of the ships detectability range anyway.

Ok, he's just elaborated below (above as I was writing this when he posted lol). Basically stating everything is the same except for the BBs that have DeadEye are playing worse because they are trying to keep out of range? At least I think that is what he is saying.

7 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Terrain is key.  Map is key.  I've always done this with my brawler BBs, but in particular my KM brawlers.  Let me re-emphasize that point.  TERRAIN IS KEY!  Lots of maps allow you to push up in a BB while taking advantage of terrain to shield from attacks.  It worked before the new skill updates...it still works today.  But in some ways it works better because there tends to be a lot more snipers in the current meta and therefore the terrain tends to protect against a larger number of foes.

I will caution folks that if you haven't already learned how to use terrain pre-patch with a brawler BB then I'm not sure how long it will take post patch.  And obviously, some maps are more difficult than others.

Edited by _WaveRider_

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,236 posts
12,085 battles
13 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Ok thanks for the clarification sounds good will work on it .

[NMKJT]
Members
2,987 posts
8,213 battles
16 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

I mean, secondaries were always about being a bully who slinks around and ambushes people anyway. Never take fights weighted against you, never fight outnumbered. Push people who are alone/in bad groups and have no choice but to fight you. Or just use them as an additional tax on anyone who wants to push you.

My main concern with secondary ships now like the DKM BBs is if Deadeye should just go on them so they remain competative in the BB-filler-gameplay phase that happens at long range in the early stages of most matches. Cause if it should, that's an additional 4pt tax.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,302 posts
1 hour ago, handybilly said:

2 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Hmm....so it took about a week for some people to adjust to a new meta and see opportunities to use different builds to counter.  Radar cruisers will be coming back in about a week, I reckon.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
190 posts
4,395 battles
32 minutes ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Most of us who brawl understand that's how its done...but even before the update it was only a decent and mostly situational way to go...It is now in a far worst state after the update...can I get great games against the plentiful bad teams? sure...but not if they know what they are doing...If I knew when I'd get horrible enemy teams I'd play brawlers again.

Banned
1,424 posts
6,083 battles

Glad you are having fun in this mess. I am just waiting for the damn last chain of the Dockyard and take a break.

Damn timegates on events are as stupid as it gets, especially when WG screws up with the entire game.