You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Results — Recruiting Station Contest (US & Canada)

84 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,462 posts
14,934 battles

For a limited time, get top dollar for each recruit you invite to the game. Find out how to start earning PayPal funds inside!

Read it on the portal
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 5

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
23,503 battles

How could anyone in good conscience refer this game to anyone any more!  Your trying to fix this with the personal greed of the recruiter. Its true we need new players to continue the game but WG is killing this game.

• Cool 25

[RANGR]
Members
365 posts
4,232 battles

No thanks, wouldn't recommend the game to anyone in this current state even if it was the only game they could play.

• Cool 6

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,271 posts
18,142 battles

@Hapa_Fodder, For returning players the requirement is:

"Returning players — win 25 battles playing Tier IV–X ships."

Does this have to be in randoms or could it be done in co-op?

Edited by Femennenly
  • Cool 2
  • Meh 5

[KILL]
Members
7 posts

Guess stopping giving you money for your game (used to whale a bit in the past) is not a decision I was alone in making...

Listen to your player base, fix broken things before trying to add more and people will refer the game to others (as I used to) without financial incentives....

• Cool 9
  • Boring 1

[MR-1]
Members
1,674 posts
21,888 battles

why does WG keep pushing this in our face ... theres more players leaving than joining  and i wouldnt waste me time trying this

isnt  promoting the product   the job  of the company  and not its buyers 

we dont get paid  to do your job in promoting . ive read so many posts in the past year that rewards have been missing , late or not appeard at all

stop pushing this crap in our face  

NOT AIMED @Hapa  btw but at the orginisers 

Edited by Gaelic_knight
  • Cool 8

[WG]
4,462 posts
14,934 battles
6 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Great Question! Lemme find out!

Ein moment bitte!

-Hapa

• Meh 2

[WG]
4,462 posts
14,934 battles
10 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

aaaaaand we're back.

All battle types, except Training room (of course). :Smile_izmena:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Haha 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[AZUR1]
Members
191 posts
4,440 battles

I don't want to lose my friendship for 25$.

And I don't want to create a new account and invite myself to grind start from 0, for 25$.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,514 posts
4,771 battles

I would recruit for $25.  I'm trying to think of someone I'm still on speaking terms with...

• Funny 2
  • Haha 5

[KWF]
Members
5,541 posts
6,848 battles
19 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I would recruit for $25.  I'm trying to think of someone I'm still on speaking terms with...

Maybe you tried to recruit someone in one of the previous events? Might be why you are trying to find someone you are on speaking terms with :Smile_trollface:.

As for the contest itself, it's nothing out of the ordinary, albeit with the current rework and the weird way low tiers have turned out to be It's kinda difficult to convince people. Besides, don't like the monetary reward as it feels a bit schemy; a choice between ingame goods or a 20$ coupon  would be a bit better in my humble opinion.

Edited by warheart1992

[PPNA1]
[PPNA1]
Beta Testers
1,984 posts
23,503 battles

How could anyone in good conscience refer this game to anyone any more!  Your trying to fix this with the personal greed of the recruiter. Its true we need new players to continue the game but WG is killing this game.

• Cool 3

[PQUOD]
Members
2,448 posts
5,602 battles

Oh man, this thread is loaded with some good quips.

:Smile_popcorn:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[NINE]
Members
38 posts
5,361 battles

In practical terms, this isn't much different from a regular advertising deal; it might even be more cost effective than simple banner ads that are probably going to get blocked or YouTube spots people tune out.

But wait, there's more.

Typically one of the largest barriers to converting F2P to a someone WG is actively milking is is getting F2Ps to link payment and make the first purchase... which is why WG is working so hard to break those barriers down.

There's a reason why WG took the effort of programming the armory shop interface to sell coal and steel ships instead of tweaking the existing tech tree way to sell ships - and why it's exactly the same as the in game premium shop interface. They want you to get used to the process of using the shop.

And now, with this, WG is trying to get you to link a payment method, so that when the impulse to buy something does hit you, there's one fewer (major) barrier between your wallet and WG.

I'm willing to bet that this is as much a reason WG is running this campaign as simple advertising is, if not more so. WG's actions have already made it pretty damn obvious their focus now is more on milking the playerbase they have than trying to build it up further.

Edited by isssm
  • Cool 3

[SOBA6]
Members
241 posts

I'd like to see rare ships as a recruiting reward. I'll get you 50 new recruits for a Missouri and I can do it in a week. I don't really care about money as I have plenty in real life but there are certain ships money can't buy :)

[4HIM]
[4HIM]
Beta Testers
2,223 posts
15,857 battles

Yup sounds like some desperation from WG.  Get rid of 2 CVs at lower tiers, (but removal would be better) Fix radar so it doesn't go through rocks, and is only for the ship using it, Remove CVs and subs to their own game modes (fixes so many problems, and convinces me to buy a premium sub to attack convoys)  Listen to the community on Captain skills and while your at it FIX the meta of the game so broadside armor is the strong armor, and bow tanking, stern backing all go away and the game become WAY more dynamic.  Then WG maybe we can talk about recruiting my enemies to this game... oh I mean friends.

• Cool 1

[WFSDL]
Members
47 posts
9,238 battles

@Hapa_Fodder In the Recruiting Station page it says that players who have played fewer than 15 battles are counted as new players, but in the event it says that only players who have NEVER played World of Warships are counted as new players. Is this a mistake?

[WG]
4,462 posts
14,934 battles
41 minutes ago, BingBongBrian said:

@Hapa_Fodder In the Recruiting Station page it says that players who have played fewer than 15 battles are counted as new players, but in the event it says that only players who have NEVER played World of Warships are counted as new players. Is this a mistake?

Because this is a specific drive, the rules of the drive apply to the event.

-Hapa

Members
135 posts
17,618 battles

I’m not from the US but have PayPal account. Do I get the rewards if I recruit players from US and Canada?

[IRERO]
Members
4 posts
3,734 battles

Is it generally considered a good sign for the overall health of a free-to-play game when, following a string of questionable (or at least controversial) decisions by the leadership and development team, they start literally paying people to play it? Asking for a friend...

• Cool 5

[WPORT]
Members
7,754 posts
12,821 battles
4 minutes ago, COMPAC2 said:

Is it generally considered a good sign for the overall health of a free-to-play game when, following a string of questionable (or at least controversial) decisions by the leadership and development team, they start literally paying people to play it? Asking for a friend...

:cap_hmm:
:Smile_veryhappy:
:cap_like:

• Cool 1

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,366 posts
20,310 battles

I guess the game is dying faster than expected by the spreadsheet.

• Cool 3
  • Haha 2

[MR-1]
Members
1,674 posts
21,888 battles

dont have paypal  anyway so it would be useless plus i dont want to loose the friends i already have  

• Cool 3