Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ThisIsClassic

Pop Ups in Game Center

2 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
3,420 posts
18,914 battles

The new Pop Up ads in Game Center are a bit annoying.  They are akin to the Pop Up ads we see on web pages and most, if not all of us click past them or have a browser add-on that blocks them.  Except for Game Center we don't have the latter option,  Also, if you have multiple accounts you get the same Pop Up for each account. 

I understand WG wants to get our attention and the Game Center home page already has most of it's space devoted to an ad of some sort.  My suggestion is to limit the new pop up ads to the Notification (Bell) Icon and let us look in there to reset the notifications.

Thanks

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,770 posts
4,273 battles

I've noticed that since the WGC update with 0.10 I get pop-up WG ads even if WGC is running in the background. I'm less than thrilled about a piece of software that sends pop-ups to my desktop even when it's "closed" and running in the background. That's the kind of thing I expect from sketchy software trying to get me to spend money or my computer manufacturer trying to get me to buy a warranty. Not a big game corporation. And there's no setting to disable them. WGC turned into a pretty good thing, but this just makes it seem cheap and desperate. At the very least we need to be able to turn off these desktop notifications. With nearly 500 GB of WG software installed WG already owns my hard-drive, but there's no need for them to be sending pop-up ads to my desktop.

Sign in to follow this