You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
xamdam

Scenario Battles (Operations) CALL FOR REVOLUTION!

120 comments in this topic

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
189 posts
13,081 battles

When will the ones that have been pulled be returned? We've missed the tier 8 Cherry Blossom, tier 7 & 8 Hermes and tier 6 Dunkerque (Dynamo) for so long now many new players don't even know about them. Ultimate Frontier wasn't a bad Op. Difficult, maybe... until people realized what needed to be done.  But what do we have left now in rotation? Aegis, Killer Whale, Raptor, Nerfai.... cough, I mean, Narai and... oh yeah, Newport (my week off...).

Speak up peeps. Show your dissatisfaction with how Wargaming has tried to bury these Ops!

We need to show them we are interested, dedicated and want MORE of them, not less.

• Cool 21
  • Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

Members
35 posts
146 battles
9 minutes ago, xamdam said:

We need to show them we are interested, dedicated and want MORE of them, not less.

WG gets told it very often, in the forums, during streams,..., but this is their stance (according to MrConway in the EU forum):

Unfortunately not, we have other things that are being worked on at the moment and operations never had enough interest and activity to warrant investing a lot of development time into them.

Its sad, but I also see if from my own perspective, once I have played the ops once or twice, I return to randoms

The team is indeed busy with submarines and our upcoming revamped "Key Battles". I know that there is a core of you/us that really enjoys operations and I do hope that we will get to do more of them in future, but I also want to be honest and not create expectations here. We simply have other priorities right now.

• Sad 3

[KWF]
Members
5,623 posts
6,924 battles

Scenarios were simply too fun and good profits wise to keep around, especially the tier VII+ ones. The rework and allegedly the need to balance CV AI sealed their fate.

Cherry Blossom  especially was among the most fun operations one could play, really sad to see it gone.

• Cool 7

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,144 posts
11,207 battles

I am hoping that once the submarines arrive, Hermes and Dynamo will return with U-boats addded to the enemy roster.

• Cool 2

[VOP]
Members
595 posts
10,237 battles

Would be nice but i am not holding my breath on this. They are too focused on their new random passive play issues to care about the likes of us.

Seems like they are trying to make the scenarios more OP to get us out of them faster. I don't think it is working for them though. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
189 posts
13,081 battles
2 hours ago, Klopirat_oops said:

WG gets told it very often, in the forums, during streams,..., but this is their stance (according to MrConway in the EU forum):

Unacceptable. 

And sad.

Speak up moar peeps! We can't let them do this!

• Cool 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
189 posts
13,081 battles

Once or twice... wth. Does he even really play the game? Pardon the French but, REALLY????

Not only unacceptable, more like downright lying. If that's how WG Devs, CCs Community Managers (edit: "Community Engagement Lead") or whatever they call themselves see their own game, I call for REBELLION! Who are these people and what in the living hell do they think we are? We have people all over this forum pleading for change on many issues. This is only one among them, one that's been around a lot longer than most of the "patches" that have changed many aspects of the game. 

Come on Wee Gee, do the right thing. Step up to the plate and make it right. Or we walk.

Edited by xamdam
  • Cool 2

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,197 posts
17,017 battles

Eh, this really isn't how you should approach this.  Should be a bit more tactful.

@AdmiralThunder, could you give Op a couple of pointers on how to go about this?  Otherwise this isn't going to get anywhere.  I know Operation are a "no go" for you, but it would still fall under the realm of PVE/Co-Op. :Smile_Default:

• Thanks 1

[HINON]
Members
8,641 posts
12,575 battles

it doesnt matter, WG made it clear they dont care about Operations, nothing we do short of not giving them money or leaving is going to change that

[-PVE-]
Members
299 posts
13,610 battles
25 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

it doesnt matter, WG made it clear they dont care about Operations, nothing we do short of not giving them money or leaving is going to change that

However, it appears that they do care about players getting more players to join? Wonder if this new recruitment effort is because they are seeing a sign of players leaving/not playing as much? I know I have taken a break, I just log in once a day to get the prize and then leave. 

• Cool 5

[WOLF7]
Members
844 posts
3 hours ago, xamdam said:

When will the ones that have been pulled be returned? We've missed the tier 8 Cherry Blossom, tier 7 & 8 Hermes and tier 6 Dunkerque (Dynamo) for so long now many new players don't even know about them. Ultimate Frontier wasn't a bad Op. Difficult, maybe... until people realized what needed to be done.  But what do we have left now in rotation? Aegis, Killer Whale, Raptor, Nerfai.... cough, I mean, Narai and... oh yeah, Newport (my week off...).

Speak up peeps. Show your dissatisfaction with how Wargaming has tried to bury these Ops!

image.png.ac83cbe45373f04d3e7f9629ea3cc257.png

• Funny 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3
  • Boring 1

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
189 posts
13,081 battles
42 minutes ago, Volron said:

Eh, this really isn't how you should approach this.  Should be a bit more tactful.

@AdmiralThunder, could you give Op a couple of pointers on how to go about this?  Otherwise this isn't going to get anywhere.  I know Operation are a "no go" for you, but it would still fall under the realm of PVE/Co-Op. :Smile_Default:

Eh, ah so? Really? I'm so sorry I wasn't tactful....

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
189 posts
13,081 battles
38 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

My point, plus a few choice words.

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
189 posts
13,081 battles

Funny meme and all so true, but let's not dismiss it with that. Come on peeps, voice your support (or disapproval) of having removed scenario battles returned and more added.

• Cool 1

[WOLFO]
[WOLFO]
Members
597 posts
5,834 battles

i made a clan oriented just for them. i really wish they were more important for them. i won't ever buy a boat from them, but i would buy a game.

• Cool 1

[-PVE-]
Members
299 posts
13,610 battles
1 minute ago, iamSamoth said:

i made a clan oriented just for them. i really wish they were more important for them. i won't ever buy a boat from them, but i would buy a game.

The reason I do no have the Sims today is because they dropped  Dynamo. I was running that with 4 guys and having fun! How many other ships could be sold because they work so well in an Operation?

• Cool 2

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,276 posts

There are many threads on the subject. Weegee a answer is tht operations aren't their priority nor their main focus .

The better term for that is "SOON™".

On the other hand to keep the thread going. 

Since there has been significant changes on cvs and planes in general it's time to reintroduce those operations that were conveniently taken from the player base . It's been several years and there should ha e been enough time to rework their parameters on aircraft.

That said why can't WG also make all operations Teir based?

The team selects the operation.Then selects the tier of ships . The AI can accordingly select the ships that will be thrown at you in battle . It could even theoretically throw lower teir ships in larger amounts to change it up a notch .

It's an idea but worth looking into .

Edited by Versili
  • Cool 1

[VRR]
[VRR]
Members
1,276 posts
9 minutes ago, Mykawa said:

The reason I do no have the Sims today is because they dropped  Dynamo. I was running that with 4 guys and having fun! How many other ships could be sold because they work so well in an Operation?

Lots of ships ..players have invested real cash for ships just for ops. 

[CVA16]
Members
6,105 posts
18,729 battles

For WG to bring back OPs they would need to find a way to better monetize them. Force players to have to grind to do them. Attracting players and getting players to grind (and hopefully paying to avoid that grind) is the whole purpose of the game from WGs point of view. Scenarios are (generally) fun and keep some players in the game but overall they are a detour from THE GRIND.

Players have a different view, but we aren't making the rules. We would somehow have to prove that Scenarios pull in enough new players that need to grind to the needed levels and keep the old ones in the game and still giving WG money. 

Unlike the early days, the game is now firmly in the control of the spreadsheet bean counters. Therefore, one suggestion WG might like would be to make certain scenarios only available to players using premium time.

Edited by Sabot_100
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 2

[WPORT]
Members
7,857 posts
12,947 battles
4 hours ago, xamdam said:

+1  

• Cool 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,197 posts
17,017 battles
32 minutes ago, xamdam said:

Eh, ah so? Really? I'm so sorry I wasn't tactful....

So be it.  I've double the number of Operation battles than you, so I have most certainly invested time into them, and still do.  While I am wholeheartedly for the reintroduction of "retired" Ops and the creation of new ones, the way you are going about it:

2 hours ago, xamdam said:

Not only unacceptable, more like downright lying. If that's how WG Devs, CCs Community Managers or how whatever they call themselves see their own game, I call for REBELLION! Who are these people and what in the living hell do they think we are? We have people all over this forum pleading for change on many issues.

...it will simply be ignored.

Have you given any thought into how they could reintroduce some of the currently "retired" Ops?  I ran up an idea on how to bring back Ultimate Frontier as a T8 Operation.  It's very basic, but it is at least something for them to work off of.  I also ran an even more basic idea of converting Killer Whale into a T5 Operation.  Killer Whale is by far the easiest Op (even when T5's were allowed in Ops), and it takes complete potato team to actually fail it since one person cannot ensure victory due to the retreat part.

I'll give a little advice: Draw up some basic idea on how they should reintroduce the "retired" Op's.  Explain how they could possibly get aircraft to work, in what manner they could work in, and adjustments that could be made to keep the challenge but also keep it reasonable.  The primary reason they "retired" those Ops was because of the CV rework and how aircraft performed.  Give them an idea on how to make them work with the current setup.  Sure, it can appear to be "doing the devs job for them", but sometimes you will miss the simplest of things when you have so much going on around you.

I have given my advice, you can take it or leave it.  It is entirely up-to you. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 2

[-AGW-]
Beta Testers
189 posts
13,081 battles
36 minutes ago, Volron said:

So be it.  I've double the number of Operation battles than you, so I have most certainly invested time into them, and still do.  While I am wholeheartedly for the reintroduction of "retired" Ops and the creation of new ones, the way you are going about it:

...it will simply be ignored.

Have you given any thought into how they could reintroduce some of the currently "retired" Ops?  I ran up an idea on how to bring back Ultimate Frontier as a T8 Operation.  It's very basic, but it is at least something for them to work off of.  I also ran an even more basic idea of converting Killer Whale into a T5 Operation.  Killer Whale is by far the easiest Op (even when T5's were allowed in Ops), and it takes complete potato team to actually fail it since one person cannot ensure victory due to the retreat part.

I'll give a little advice: Draw up some basic idea on how they should reintroduce the "retired" Op's.  Explain how they could possibly get aircraft to work, in what manner they could work in, and adjustments that could be made to keep the challenge but also keep it reasonable.  The primary reason they "retired" those Ops was because of the CV rework and how aircraft performed.  Give them an idea on how to make them work with the current setup.  Sure, it can appear to be "doing the devs job for them", but sometimes you will miss the simplest of things when you have so much going on around you.

I have given my advice, you can take it or leave it.  It is entirely up-to you. :Smile_honoring:

Okay, so, erm, you have more Op battles than me (I guess, I haven't looked... I don't really even know how...I  didn't even think Ops were in the profile) and have presented a "better" plan. Why you diggin' my thread man? 

Unity. We must have unity! No, face paint and horns aren't allowed. 

Whatever though, I think the devs are doing us wrong. I think a lot of others think so as well. Call me stupid, but that's how I see it.

And where is @Hapa_Fodder? Does he read this section of the board?