Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mamba_ZA

Steel Ships

9 comments in this topic

[SAF]
Members
124 posts
10,896 battles

Good Morning Captains

I'd Like some input from those of you who have the following steel ships:

-Shikishima 

-Plymouth 

Which would you recommend if any? I do have the Yammie and Musashi as well as the mino. 

Thanks in advance! 

Supertester
3,192 posts
5,671 battles

I have Shikishima. She is a collectors item, and I would venture to say she is not much more than that. 510s are a blast, they hit hard and sound amazing, but 6 of them is far worse than 9 460s any day of the week if you ask me. What does she gain in that? The most potent secondary armament in the game. With IFHE all her armament (including her quick firing Japanese 100mms) pen 32mm. Especially with IFHE now a tier 2 skill she has a fantastic secondary ship, but like Mass/Georgia/Ohio Im thinking she has been somewhat powercrept by the changes to secondaries. She still does her job extremely well, just everyone else can do it too now

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,704 battles
52 minutes ago, Darmokattenagra said:

Bourg all day long If you dont have her.

Man, I got Bourgogne, and just don’t seem to do well with her. Odd, as I usually do well with Alsace. Any specific ways Bourgogne should be played?

[SALTY]
Beta Testers
671 posts
7,867 battles
15 minutes ago, SuperComm4 said:

Man, I got Bourgogne, and just don’t seem to do well with her. Odd, as I usually do well with Alsace. Any specific ways Bourgogne should be played?

Play her like what she is.

A cruiser.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,259 posts
1 hour ago, SuperComm4 said:

Get that bullguine rolling. Jump into the biggest mess of enemy slows you can see hiding around a little rock. Raise some hell with that aft turret they forget about.

Same with the georgias those damn things always seem to be aft of my railings when they are not welcome to rescue whomever I happened to be clubbing quietly in a corner far from the action.

The Skinkas are pretty cool. The guns sound like the best in the game to me. But can they hit anything? Erm... The Plymouth plays a dangerous game. Most people go meh light cruiser crapity. Blah. Move in and find themselves begging for assistance before too long when their dd's got trashed deep in smoke. From a radar ship firing from inside her own smoke. SURPRISE!!!!.

The FDR is like them large cars in Baltimore. They run well when they run well. But turn to absolute scrap when they don't Its embarrassing. The Ohios and Stalingrads are the two I have to wrestle with all the time. (*&^ lolz.

Its too bad the Somers are getting away, however I think that will only be temporarly where it might come back for coin, coal etc. However the Somers is a nuetered version of the Shima. American Style. When you have three or four of them on the enemy team in ranked things get ... interesting. You might as well end it soon or you will end it tired of the match.

• Thanks 1

[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,704 battles
2 minutes ago, xHeavy said:

Get that bullguine rolling. Jump into the biggest mess of enemy slows you can see hiding around a little rock. Raise some hell with that aft turret they forget about.

Same with the georgias those damn things always seem to be aft of my railings when they are not welcome to rescue whomever I happened to be clubbing quietly in a corner far from the action.

The Skinkas are pretty cool. The guns sound like the best in the game to me. But can they hit anything? Erm... The Plymouth plays a dangerous game. Most people go meh light cruiser crapity. Blah. Move in and find themselves begging for assistance before too long when their dd's got trashed deep in smoke. From a radar ship firing from inside her own smoke. SURPRISE!!!!.

The FDR is like them large cars in Baltimore. They run well when they run well. But turn to absolute scrap when they don't Its embarrassing. The Ohios and Stalingrads are the two I have to wrestle with all the time. (*&^ lolz.

Its too bad the Somers are getting away, however I think that will only be temporarly where it might come back for coin, coal etc. However the Somers is a nuetered version of the Shima. American Style. When you have three or four of them on the enemy team in ranked things get ... interesting. You might as well end it soon or you will end it tired of the match.

This is a great post on many levels - thank you! 

The Bourgogne story sounds a LOT like I play her: unfortunately, while extremely fun, I can’t seem to get the numbers these other guys do, I get sunk. Hence my teams tend not to win when I drive Bourgogne. I think a lot of the Steel ships have a specific style that has a high ceiling, but high skill requirement perhaps.

Somers has always intrigued me, and I was hard pressed deciding between Bourgogne and Somers, with some regret involved. 
I really hope they make it available again - any idea when it’s scheduled to go?

Members
23 posts
18,436 battles

Topic on target for me, thanks!.  Getting close to another steel ship, wasted my last purchase on the Neustrashimy, very disappointed with the purchase.  I am debating the Bourgogne and Plymouth.  I very much enjoy the French BB line, and I agree they are giant cruisers, and I enjoy the Brit Cruiser line.   Since I have plenty of French BBs, including Jean Bart, I am leaning towards the Plymouth, looks to me like and Edinborough on steriods, and that smoke/radar thing I don't think I can resist.  Any additional input on Plymouth?

[CRUEL]
Members
518 posts
9,095 battles
5 hours ago, SuperComm4 said:

Shes a ranked queen. I dont really take her into randoms, not enough HP. I play her like a big cruiser. 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this