You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Incomitatus

Very First 19 Point Commander! Oh.... sigh.

10 comments in this topic

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,792 battles

image.thumb.png.b5b1c46b22bb4697ba16a7b24fe646a8.png

I would be much happier about this before a couple weeks ago, of course. Sigh.

But, still... Good old Thomas Franklin was my very first Commander. I can't remember what ship he first commanded. Was it Chester? Or Sampson? I think it was Sampson.

He's come a long way.

Time to grind on...

• Cool 6

[CMFRT]
Beta Testers
300 posts
7,753 battles

Ive lot track of how many 19 pointers I have, but I feel pretty much the same about how they won't be generating elite commander XP anymore.

Still though, it's a great milestone for you! I'm sure it won't be your last.

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,792 battles
18 minutes ago, Slayer_Jesse said:

Ive lot track of how many 19 pointers I have, but I feel pretty much the same about how they won't be generating elite commander XP anymore.

Still though, it's a great milestone for you! I'm sure it won't be your last.

So, I was thinking... 21 point commanders aren't going to be as useful as old 19 pointers. With commanders being able to go on all four types of Premium ship, you are better off playing the commanders you are trying to level up on your premiums and getting that extra 5% ECXP, which is like getting 105% CXP instead of playing your 21 pointers and only getting 100%.

In other words, once ol' Thomas Franklinn gets his 21 points, he's going to stay on his primary ship. When I play him and he generates ECXP, great! But I won't be purposely grinding ECXP with him. It's not the most efficient method anymore.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,261 posts

Prior to 10.0 we used to stockpile ECXP which is useful for bootstrapping other weaker commanders to a useful rank or maxing it out to 19.

Thats all poof. I might have gotten about 20K ECXP all week since 10.0 went live. Its crappy. I used to be able to generate pretty much all the ECXP I can stand grinding in a day. 100K? More? who knows.

At the moment out of 55 or so ships each with captians (I think 5 are 19's)... about 7 ships are active daily. Rest are in port.

Played with the Mino, stuck a 18 pointer into it. Added all of the buffs to dispersions etc. The minotaur cannot hit a damn thing. Unless you do it while rubbing the enemy. In the mean time the enemy Minos hit everything including me. So something is seriously effed up.

• Cool 1

[CO-OP]
Members
1,956 posts
27,239 battles

D4q8yF9.png

Edited by Efros

[-BCO-]
Members
1,724 posts
2,929 battles
2 hours ago, Incomitatus said:

But, still... Good old Thomas Franklin was my very first Commander. I can't remember what ship he first commanded. Was it Chester? Or Sampson? I think it was Sampson.

He's come a long way.

Time to grind on...

Yeah. Yet to achieve that, here on NA. Closest is at 17....I would say congrats but...

[ARGSY]
Members
22,990 posts
16,997 battles
2 hours ago, xHeavy said:

So something is seriously effed up.

Could it be your attitude? Because I'm beginning to think it's your attitude.

• Boring 2

Members
475 posts
2,848 battles

I feel ya, OP. I got my first 19-pointer about a month ago. I accumulated about 300k ECXP before the re-work, which is only enough to take the edge off his 1.2mil xp grind.

[PVE]
Members
13,195 posts
27,677 battles
4 hours ago, Incomitatus said:

He's come a long way.

Time to grind on...

Congrat's and he has a long way still to go now unfortunately (+70% of what you have already done).

I had 54 19pt Capt's before the rebork so I feel your pain. Doesn't matter if it was your 1st, or you had 100 of them, we ALL got screwed by this.

Don't forget to thank WG everyone. Thanks WG. :Smile-angry:

• Cool 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
8 minutes ago, Whiskey_Rebel said:

I feel ya, OP. I got my first 19-pointer about a month ago. I accumulated about 300k ECXP before the re-work, which is only enough to take the edge off his 1.2mil xp grind.

Same boat here, 1 19-pointer that I got a few weeks back and have about 500K ECXP, picked up a lot of XP on him over the weekend though just playing randoms and using special flags ( I saved up quite a few of them ) + economic flags, CXP comes REALLY fast with those.

Happy Sailing and best of luck!