Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chain_shot

Pomern with dead eye how does it play

9 comments in this topic

[46856]
Members
1,899 posts

Just wondering how well or badly a pomern with dead eye works. - feedback please

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,643 posts

It's free respec until the 17th.  Slap a captain on the ship and go try it out.

If you don't have Pom and you are asking because you only want the ship, if dead eye works well on it, I would NOT base the decision to get a ship or not, on that skill.  It is controversial and very new. The possibility that it will change or even be replaced, is reasonable.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
29,633 posts
25,666 battles
8 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

The possibility that it will change or even be replaced, is reasonable.

This.  My gut feeling is the game will be in a constant state of major changes that will make the CV Rebork look stable in comparison.  The CV Rebork was changing all the time for well over a year, and that was restricted to CV Skills and the old AA skills.  This new Skill Rebork has its dirty paws into everything.

• Cool 2

[PQUOD]
Members
2,472 posts
5,678 battles
15 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

This.  My gut feeling is the game will be in a constant state of major changes that will make the CV Rebork look stable in comparison.  The CV Rebork was changing all the time for well over a year, and that was restricted to CV Skills and the old AA skills.  This new Skill Rebork has its dirty paws into everything.

It feels more like the janky transition the game went through when they removed OWSF. Everything feels different including how everyone is reacting to these changes. And as it is we don't even know what kind of tweaks and changes remain ahead.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles

Dead eye will not turn a bad snipping BB into a good one. Also players are playing a good 5k to far back so they are misusing the skill in many cases. Using dead eye as close as you can to your detection range is what makes the skill worth it. Shooting from 25k all the time is not actually doing you or the team any favors.

As the meta settles many players will figure that out and adjust. The BB captains that all ready stayed to far back well.... no real change there with or without deadeye. 

If the ship is already a good sniper dead eye is a very nice skill. If the ship is OK sniper the skill can give you some variety in gameplay. If the ship is a good brawler...meh that is 4 points that could be better spent on other skills.

Now having said all that you also have to have good aim for the skill to really be worth it. 

[USCC2]
Members
6,355 posts
3 hours ago, Chain_shot said:

Just wondering how well or badly a pomern with dead eye works. - feedback please

As many state - I would try it and see. Only thing is the Pommern could play long distance, but it isn't really meant to.

It is a ship that plays mid range, supporting the front line and punching through with torps when needed. WG have not taken away this ability - they just diminished the returns you will get for doing so.

Why I have no idea!

2 hours ago, Burnsy said:

If you don't have Pom and you are asking because you only want the ship, if dead eye works well on it, I would NOT base the decision to get a ship or not, on that skill.  It is controversial and very new. The possibility that it will change or even be replaced, is reasonable.

I don't believe Deadeye will be changed as I think there are some BBs that are longer range in their role - maybe some that sit on the fence and could benefit a bit from it or from picking something else.

It does strengthen an attribute a ship may have (just like the secondary skills do). It is just that the secondary skills have been hit with the change, when WG say they don't want people playing at the back, and they introduce something that helps play from the back?

Confusing.

For me they have assisted in ways to make DDs live longer....great! They needed it.

They have given the longer ranged ships a perk (that is still 4 points to buy)....again great! Some ships are meant to use this.

But then they took away the effectiveness of those ships that use secondaries in their build when they go forward to support the front line.....? :Smile_amazed:

Of course this will not do away with all the complaints lol But it may have done away with some. WG strikes again!

[FLTF1]
Members
273 posts
7,580 battles
On 1/28/2021 at 1:28 AM, Chain_shot said:

if you have, just test, it's free. If you do not, well, forget about Pom. The whole point of german BBs was brawling, if you can not do it, and have to fix their bad accuracy with dead eye, just get some other normal ship and put dead eye on it, will give you much better results (since do not have original german bad accuracy). If have enough coal, buy Georgia and/or Thunderer. If do not, keep saving because new ships are coming.

Edited by crazyrom

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,324 posts

The Pom is not good at long range. I don't fight the pom at long range. However I try to limit incoming damage to get into brawling range with the pom. Its a either or. You either get into close enough to make a difference or you get sunk trying to.

Ive done a little distance shooting with the pom however its a unnatural act because the guns disperse too much to hit anything.

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 11:33 PM, Burnsy said:

I'm hoping people have finally learned this lesson.

Do not buy a premium ship based on a captain skill that helps it.  The captain skill isn't part of the premium ship purchase.  WG can change it whenever the hell they like. 

With that said, to OP's point.  I ran a "hybrid" secondary build in it pre-rework a bit where I ran the aiming mod instead of secondary mod 2.  Which gives a -7% to dispersion.  I really didn't feel it was that much better.  If you are running both deadeye and that, you would have -17% to base dispersion and I imagine that might be a more noticeable difference.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist

Sign in to follow this