You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SteadyAsSheGoes

Any body notice a difference in vision mechanics while using spotter?

9 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,643 posts

It is more difficult to aim than the normal scope because you don't have the line of the reticle to line up with the waterline or whatever, but the more you do it, the better you get at it.

[PVE]
Members
10,890 posts
18,799 battles
21 minutes ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

its like the entire screen is moving instead of the ship in the water.

You still have to be locked on for it to move with the ship. You can also clear mountains that you couldn't before when using spotter.

Banned
141 posts
638 battles
5 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

You still have to be locked on for it to move with the ship. You can also clear mountains that you couldn't before when using spotter.

Yea like when your aiming at a ship but forget to lock on gives you that weird visual sensation as the ship moves, you cant focus. That's what my spotter experience is like now. Before it was fine like I was locked on. Something is weird. Ill try and do a quick vid and post up after next battle.

Edited by SteadyAsSheGoes

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,453 posts
22,695 battles
5 hours ago, SteadyAsSheGoes said:

The ships are harder to judge movement. its like the entire screen is moving instead of the ship in the water.

It takes a lot of practice to get used to shooting effectively with spotter active.

[_NBD]
Beta Testers
67 posts
11,190 battles

Something is intentionally different, you can tell which direction a ship is moving at what power by its smoke stack and the angle of the smoke of the stack.

What I have noticed now is a ship can be in slight reverse but as soon as you fire salvo it's suddenly going in the other direction at full speed not a gradual acceleration of speed like it used to!

Also now there is a lot more disappearing of ships once you have a fired and its about to hit its target, meaning no damage points or citadels.

• Cool 1

[VOP]
Members
941 posts
1 hour ago, SHADOW_WAKE said:

Something is intentionally different, you can tell which direction a ship is moving at what power by its smoke stack and the angle of the smoke of the stack.

What I have noticed now is a ship can be in slight reverse but as soon as you fire salvo it's suddenly going in the other direction at full speed not a gradual acceleration of speed like it used to!

Also now there is a lot more disappearing of ships once you have a fired and its about to hit its target, meaning no damage points or citadels.

I have seen the instant acceleration and instant stops, too. And also agree if the ship disappears right before your shells hit, you are almost guaranteed a complete miss.

My personal favorite is waiting for the island indicator to disappear in your bino, waiting another 5-10 seconds to fire and half your shots still hit the island. Also, firing then 5 seconds later the island icon pops up after your shells are in flight and half your shots hit the island.

[GOB]
Members
2,709 posts

All I notice is that I can't hit S%@T when I use one!

If you see the ole Col using a spotter you are most definitely SAFE! :Smile_facepalm: