You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shalung

CV being able to return to ship control without returning planes

6 comments in this topic

[-GBH-]
Members
13 posts

I would love to see CV's get the ability to return to manual ship control without having to return your planes.  And while controlling the ship have the ability to control the planes using the autopilot/map feature like used for the ship. Have a key that you could toggle between piloting planes or the ship and the other one being under autopilot.

Or maybe have two players ( like a division) where one player controls the ship and the other pilots a squadron.  And when a pilot returns they trade places and the other takes out a squadron.  So each player gets a chance to pilot a squadron and manually control the ship.  

I know most seem to hate CV's but I find them challenging like playing chess because your playing the whole map.

Just thought I would throw that idea out there.

So what do you think am I asking too much or does it sound reasonable ?

• Cool 1
  • Meh 2

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,867 battles

A few seconds to set a new course would be nice.

[GWG]
Members
7,363 posts
14,123 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

A few seconds to set a new course would be nice.

It's not right to take normal controls from the 'M' map display.
In the past, we could focus AA and secondaries while our planes were out.  We have to recall our planes for those to be re-enabled -- and there IS NO REASON for that.

We can flip over to Map and set autopilot for our ship, but speed control is also disabled.
I see no reason why all the ship controls can't be returned in Map display.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,718 posts
14,867 battles
27 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

It's not right to take normal controls from the 'M' map display.
In the past, we could focus AA and secondaries while our planes were out.  We have to recall our planes for those to be re-enabled -- and there IS NO REASON for that.

We can flip over to Map and set autopilot for our ship, but speed control is also disabled.
I see no reason why all the ship controls can't be returned in Map display.

That is why I am saying a few seconds, maybe 10 to focus AA and set a course.

• Cool 1

[KOBK]
Members
388 posts
4,926 battles

True, since using the M allow us to use the autopilot, it should leave us at least to adjust the speed since the turning is still active for the squadron.

A solution could be desactivating contorl over the squadron when M press so you can manually move the CV. The autopilot has been improved, but still makes some mistakes that could cost you the game

[KENT]
Members
24 posts
6,037 battles

It used to be like this, back during RTS.  But WG actually, genuinely thinks that returning this capability to carriers post-rework would make them too complex for most players to handle.