You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.

70 comments in this topic

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,564 posts
4,771 battles

<Aarrgghh!>  Ninja'd.

Here.

2098443493_deadcheerleader.gif.a06a01e55ef17ad81e636c2d5aa2345f.gif

Edited by iDuckman
  • Haha 3

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
232 posts
9,856 battles

I'm still curious whatever happened to the Garuda camo the boat was originally devblogged with.  It seems to have just disappeared at some point and been replaced with the luminous glowy option. 

Reference:

phpdDPMdg

[RVNHQ]
Members
372 posts
11,029 battles
18 minutes ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:
  • Access to the Defensive AA Fire consumable.  Suck it, duckies!

dukigasp.PNG

• Funny 2

[WG-CC]
WoWS Community Contributors
12,454 posts
10,541 battles
5 minutes ago, ToxicSymphony said:

I'm still curious whatever happened to the Garuda camo the boat was originally devblogged with.  It seems to have just disappeared at some point and been replaced with the luminous glowy option. 

Reference:

phpdDPMdg

It's in the current game files.  Who knows?

[META_]
Members
204 posts
3,045 battles

I wound up pulling her out of a crate.  Review is spot-on - total turd.   I didn't know about the improved AP performance, so maybe I'll give that a shot the next time I taker her out, but that's unlikely to be any time soon.

• Cool 1

[-KIA-]
1 post
6,455 battles

Honestly feels like a very confused release. They had such an easy ship to make: Akizuki with DFAA at the cost of worse torpedoes (if you say pan-asian torps are better I will whack you).

Instead they kept going for all these questionable changes like a headless chicken and I'm left wondering what vision they were going for with this thing. Because whatever vision that was, it definitely missed the mark by a long mile.

• Cool 3

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,067 posts
20,775 battles

dxYQ3Rd.gif

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
10,882 posts
18,772 battles
3 minutes ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

I wound up pulling her out of a crate.  Review is spot-on - total turd.   I didn't know about the improved AP performance, so maybe I'll give that a shot the next time I taker her out, but that's unlikely to be any time soon.

I got lucky and got Sillawangi. Another stupendous review Miss Mousey.

[META_]
Members
204 posts
3,045 battles
Just now, TheDenarmo said:

Honestly feels like a very confused release. They had such an easy ship to make: Akizuki with DFAA at the cost of worse torpedoes (if you say pan-asian torps are better I will whack you).

They're not even Pan-Asian torps - those can hit cruisers.  They're Asashio torps.

• Cool 1

[UN1]
Members
1,329 posts
4,166 battles

Man, I was really hoping for this ship, too.

[WG-CC]
12,454 posts
10,541 battles
20 minutes ago, Fel0niusMonk said:

They're not even Pan-Asian torps - those can hit cruisers.  They're Asashio torps.

They're similar but Asashio's have more range (20km instead of 12km) and punch (436% flood chance vs 355%).

• Cool 2

[META_]
Members
204 posts
3,045 battles
Just now, LittleWhiteMouse said:

They're similar but Asashio's have more range (20km instead of 12km) and punch (436% flood chance vs 355%).

Yup, forgot about the range and flood chance differences

[OO7]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
232 posts
9,856 battles

The torps being basically Aki 10kms just copy pasted into a super deepwater role with +2km extra range on the top never made any sense to me either.  

image.png.ef521aec55abb63f206636f6adea7864.pngimage.png.413054ed45f30fd46455c4b68d0f2372.png

Maybe we'll see the funky birb camo at some point, given it matches the siliwangi and Irian theme (and would have looked better on the store page too, rather than sticking out randomly)

[WOLFC]
Members
2,302 posts

Sounds like a decent Co-op premium to sit in smoke with  and fire at everything but why do that when you can have a Loyang at the same tier with better torps, better smoke & hydro.

I understand why this ship exists -  Lunar New Year revenue generation premium in the class Pan Asian can grind up - but this is the second meh or worse LNY DD they have put out in a row.

Too bad, I was looking forward to this one.  If I get it in a crate, I'll take it out on co-op a couple of times but other then a lucky dip drop, I, who really like the PA line, is gonna pass.

Edited by Anonymous50

Members
174 posts
71 battles

Awesome as always - TY  

:Smile_medal:                               :Smile_great:

[WG-CC]
12,454 posts
10,541 battles
44 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

Sounds like a decent Co-op premium to sit in smoke with  and fire at everything but why do that when you can have a Loyang at the same tier with better torps, better smoke & hydro.

I'd generally caution against her as a Co-Op boat.  Here's why:

1. You're going to need her HE shells to hurt anything.  Bots notoriously bow-in on destroyers.  You're not going to get an angle where you can make good use of your AP shells much of the time.  This just leaves her HE rounds.  As discussed in the article, they start with 17mm of penetration which isn't enough to directly damage tier VIII+ anything easily.  The 21mm provided by IFHE at least puts destroyer hulls and battleship superstructures on the table, but you're still stuck aiming for superstructures on cruisers.  So dealing damage in co-op with her guns is a pain.
  2. Her torpedoes are only good for nuking battleships.  Yes, they're good at this.  But it's going to be a rare game that you're able to nuke more than a single battleship with her fish.  See above with the frustrations of dealing with destroyers and cruisers.

Seriously, take Siliwangi over Fen Yang for a co-op boat.  She's a much better choice.

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,919 posts
15,620 battles
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

What's more, she also has a respectable amount of flake explosions (five of 'em)

When not sure if typo, autocorrect, pun, or joke about the efficacy of AA...

Enjoyable review, pointless looking ship.

[WG-CC]
12,454 posts
10,541 battles
2 minutes ago, mofton said:

When not sure if typo, autocorrect, pun, or joke about the efficacy of AA...

Enjoyable review, pointless looking ship.

I'me Frenche.  I like addinge superflouse E's everywhere.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[SIM]
Members
5,744 posts
9,263 battles

Great review as always Mouse. 

Fen Yuck or Crapizuki? Take your pick, because this ship is awful. Worse than being uncompetitive, she’s just not fun. That’s a cardinal sin for any premium. Siliwangi and Loyang are both better in that regard than this thing. WG take note, you can only frankenboat so hard before the pieces no longer fit together, and you can’t fix one ship’s problems by releasing an inferior clone of it. 

• Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[-BUI-]
Members
2,546 posts
6,812 battles

Wouldn't play it if I was paid to do so.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,238 posts
12,097 battles

Love all your hard work thanks LWM great review . Your such an asset to the community .

[WOLF3]
Members
29,581 posts
25,666 battles

When the Skill Rebork went Live, this ship went on sale at the same time.  I saw it in the Premium Shop and almost bought it.  "Premium Akizuki for Pan Asia Line?  That's nice!"  I almost bought it on blind faith of Akizuki alone.

However, I wanted to reset my captain skills first and fool around with the new system.  I procrastinated buying Fen Yang and didn't even bother looking up her stats yet.

Later the same day I browse the forums before logging back into the game, and saw a Fen Yang thread by a disgruntled owner mentioning the problems this DD had.  Stuff like the low HE Pen, i.e. what Akizuki used to be like when she was brand new.  That alarmed me and it made me look her up in Fitting Tool and compared her to Akizuki.  I was floored by how awful Fen Yang was compared to the eve-reliable 'Zuki.  How the hell do you mess up a Premium version of one of the best ships in the IJN DD Line?

WG could have made some slight differences without gutting Fen Yang, to make her different but not outright superior to Akizuki, and she'd be good to go.  She'd be a wonderful contrast to the USN & RU DD feel of the PADD Line.  WG screwed the pooch on Fen Yang.  She could have been a great Premium option to the PADD Line.