Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
pcgamer001

The game play is terrible

24 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

104
[ABCD3]
Beta Testers
61 posts
2,715 battles

Please do something, the gameplay is so terrible. BB's just decimate you from max range in cruisers you cant even get in range. The skills are just unbalanced mess. 

  • Cool 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,973
[WORX]
Members
12,503 posts
19,722 battles
1 minute ago, pcgamer001 said:

Please do something, the gameplay is so terrible. BB's just decimate you from max range in cruisers you cant even get in range. The skills are just unbalanced mess. 

That already existed before the current patch... BB had the ability to delete cruisers from 2 caps away *At high tiers* since over 2 years ago...

Its nothing new..

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22
[TNADO]
Beta Testers
4 posts
15,800 battles

Yes they could but now all they do is hide in the back. i have watched so many bb never leave there spawn. which means very boring camping game play. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
571
[-VT-]
Members
1,130 posts
28,314 battles
34 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

That already existed before the current patch... BB had the ability to delete cruisers from 2 caps away *At high tiers* since over 2 years ago...

Its nothing new..

LOL its not new? really !?!?  You sure its legal what you smoking?  The Dead Eye skill is killing the game play.  Which is the ability plus 10% psst which is new.

Yeah you could do it but it was not easy not easy to do and the cruiser had to mess up some but now why play cruiser BBs never leave spawn area. Sit back go dark, shoot repeat. Just boring play WG messed that one up maybe they will fix it. That skill needs to just die

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
675
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,264 posts

If half the game cannot hit anything with cruisers then my recent thread about the Minotaur problem of landing rounds on target (While under fire from two thunderers no less...) is not a isolated problem.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,392
[O_O]
Members
6,957 posts
16,810 battles

I mean, he ain't wrong.  Sure, some battleship players always hid in the back.  It certainly wasn't uncommon.  But, it IS common, now.  More and more battleship players have apparently taken "Deadeye" and will not move up for fear of losing their accuracy bonus.

That skill has negatively impacted game play.  I use it on some of my battleships, and I can still admit it is a bonked skill.  It needs to go away...not because it makes battleships overly powerful (because it does not), but because it encourages too many battleship players to attempt to farm with it.  It has jacked up the entire game balance.

Edited by desmo_2
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
454
[CDOH]
Members
716 posts
7,922 battles
15 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

I mean, he ain't wrong.  Sure, some battleship players always hid in the back.  It certainly wasn't uncommon.  But, it IS common, now.  More and more battleship players have apparently taken "Deadeye" and will not move up for fear of losing their accuracy bonus.

That skill has negatively impacted game play.  I use it on some of my battleships, and I am can still admit it is a bonked skill.  It needs to go away...not because it makes battleships overly powerful (because it does not), but because it encourages too many battleship players to attempt to farm with it.  It has jacked up the entire game balance.

Its not just the fear losing accuracy.  Its also the reduction in tanking capability.  If deadeye bbs push up they will burn like a roman candle.   Tanking skills need a major buff and Deadeye needs to go.

Edited by Rothgar_57
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,755
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

Reborked skills are affecting gameplay as predicted. 

 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
293
[WAIFU]
Members
852 posts
11,408 battles

I miss 2017 wows, where the game was full of good clans all over still and CB was still new and APOC was not dead and games werent really blow outs and dds didnt suicide in die and people knew you cant do 1 v everyone and win. Now every match the last week has been terrible either my team does everything or the blow out my team. I never have had a 27wr streak nor a streak below 50 for so long. Honestly the game is a shadow of its old self.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,978
[SIM]
Members
5,741 posts
9,263 battles

Yes, BB players still decimate bad cruiser players. 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,973
[WORX]
Members
12,503 posts
19,722 battles
11 hours ago, vikingno2 said:

LOL its not new? really !?!?  You sure its legal what you smoking?  The Dead Eye skill is killing the game play.  Which is the ability plus 10% psst which is new.

Yeah you could do it but it was not easy not easy to do and the cruiser had to mess up some but now why play cruiser BBs never leave spawn area. Sit back go dark, shoot repeat. Just boring play WG messed that one up maybe they will fix it. That skill needs to just die

BBs have been decimating cruisers since being bufffed directly and indirect from patch 0.7.0 to current.

As I noted, its not like POOF! BBs can now kill cruisers from 2 caps away with the Current patch... The ability to decimate cruisers from long range existed long before the current patch... People (mainly giddy BB players) in the forums, kept telling people to "get gud."

With the addition of heavy cruisers, they to have that ability (the potency of AP at high tiers along with other ordnance, makes playing high tiers unbearable..)


In summery even if you delete the skill (which by the way gives you no notification its even in affect during a match). Decimating cruisers from 2 caps away will still continue...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
114
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
190 posts
4,402 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

BBs have been decimating cruisers since being bufffed directly and indirect from patch 0.7.0 to current.

As I noted, its not like POOF! BBs can now kill cruisers from 2 caps away with the Current patch... The ability to decimate cruisers from long range existed long before the current patch... People (mainly giddy BB players) in the forums, kept telling people to "get gud."

With the addition of heavy cruisers, they to have that ability (the potency of AP at high tiers along with other ordnance, makes playing high tiers unbearable..)


In summery even if you delete the skill (which by the way gives you no notification its even in affect during a match). Decimating cruisers from 2 caps away will still continue...

 

How do you explain the fact that people aren't playing cruisers nearly as much anymore? Its pretty clear to the vast majority posting here that deadeye has broken the balance between BBs and cruisers....but hey...lets give BBs tactical nukes too...They kill cruisers anyway so what's the difference?...right?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
313
[VOP]
Members
939 posts
12 hours ago, Rothgar_57 said:

Its not just the fear losing accuracy.  Its also the reduction in tanking capability.  If deadeye bbs push up they will burn like a roman candle.   Tanking skills need a major buff and Deadeye needs to go.

Agreed, I had a full survivability build on my Mutsu and a clan mate on New Mexico with fire reducing flags. We were always on fire with at least 2 fires for the first several minutes of Aegis and both got burned through half our hits before passing the first set of islands. We remained almost continually on fire passed the island and eventually both burned down while engaging the other cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
189
[-HEL-]
Members
460 posts
11 hours ago, Suzutsuki_Kai said:

I miss 2017 wows, where the game was full of good clans all over still and CB was still new and APOC was not dead and games werent really blow outs and dds didnt suicide in die and people knew you cant do 1 v everyone and win. Now every match the last week has been terrible either my team does everything or the blow out my team. I never have had a 27wr streak nor a streak below 50 for so long. Honestly the game is a shadow of its old self.

I agree

i play now the best I ever played.. damage, caps, spotting

nothing works..

it’s been like this for months for me..

 

I finish top 5, top 2 most of the time... 

scen 1.  3-4 ships suicide at start or get deleted... loss

scen 2.  My team dies fast, I do well, loss

s en 3.   My team kills enemy so fast, I barely get in top 6 (as I was cautious at first, with 4 radar cruisers, and a cv hunting, and not knowing yet where they are...

 

I played Monday, 5 wins, 14 losses..

tuesday, 2 wins, 6 losses

wednesday   3 wins, 8 losses

 

my w/r is a total disaster, random, I think not.. something like 22-25% last 3 months or so, completely wrecking my profile. My Damage is purple in all classes, I cap (most of time I have only cap in game, or multiples) , I finish spotting missions fast as I do a whole flank usually, and NOTHING works. Nothing....

and before you give me the Git gud, I’m over 50-55% in CBs with my clan.  I’m seriously, within first 4 minutes I can tell if it’s a loss. I’m on every Goddarn team that suicides or loses ships at start and never recovers. And it’s my fault ???!!!! That my teams Baltimore, or Wooster dies in 1st 2 minutes from charging cap or a conqueror, or 2 of my 3 teams DD’s die in 1st 3 minutes of the match on a contested cap?  
 

I did ranked, finished always at top but could not get above rank 4, as it was loss, after loss, after loss, oh 1 win, loss, loss, loss, loss...

so maddening......

Apart from Directives/Dockyard I quit... Seriously, I cannot get more than 1 good game out of 10 or more, with 90% of them it’s probably a loss 4 minutes in.. And yeah, it’s completely my fault, in a Team of 12 players, of course! /S

it me, in the fact that I cannot win more than 22% of my matches anymore...  uh huh ..Git Gud! Uh huh 

thx for listening

take care

jean

 

Edited by SerahKhan
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,973
[WORX]
Members
12,503 posts
19,722 battles
28 minutes ago, Almedius said:

How do you explain the fact that people aren't playing cruisers nearly as much anymore?

Your experience is not the experience of others nor is it a representative of reality...

Just to remained you, we just had a major change that is 8 days old... People are experimenting with different builds for all classes..

Experimentation phase is not an indicator of fact for long term human behavior... As stated, the skill is more physiological then practical..

  • It doesn't Change the weight of the shell
  • It doesn't Change the speed of the shell
  • It doesn't Change the caliber of the shell

So what does it do ??? WHo knows, there is no visual (in a match) that the skill is in use... Therefor, for Data collection POV.. The results are undetermined due to polluted results...

You still have to aim, but as I stated... Aiming will will give the BB class the ability to decimate cruisers from 2 caps away *at high tiers* (this ability existed LONG before the skill existed, LONG before the current patch. )

What I dont like?? Moving that type of  AP power (listed above) to mid tiers...


IMO??? Bad cruiser drivers are blaming the "boogie man" for their bad performance.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
114
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
190 posts
4,402 battles
14 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Your experience is not the experience of others nor is it a representative of reality...

Just to remained you, we just had a major change that is 8 days old... People are experimenting with different builds for all classes..

Experimentation phase is not an indicator of fact for long term human behavior... As stated, the skill is more physiological then practical..

  • It doesn't Change the weight of the shell
  • It doesn't Change the speed of the shell
  • It doesn't Change the caliber of the shell

So what does it do ??? WHo knows, there is no visual (in a match) that the skill is in use... Therefor, for Data collection POV.. The results are undetermined due to polluted results...

You still have to aim, but as I stated... Aiming will will give the BB class the ability to decimate cruisers from 2 caps away *at high tiers* (this ability existed LONG before the skill existed, LONG before the current patch. )

What I dont like?? Moving that type of  AP power (listed above) to mid tiers...


IMO??? Bad cruiser drivers are blaming the "boogie man" for their bad performance.

few cruisers in the que is everyone's experience and reality...so is Deadeye being disgustingly OP...I've continued to put up unicum cruiser numbers in the rework. Its not just bad cruiser players that realize its way off...Its mostly bad and oblivious players that think otherwise.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,973
[WORX]
Members
12,503 posts
19,722 battles
7 minutes ago, Almedius said:

few cruisers in the que is everyone's experience and reality...so is Deadeye being disgustingly OP...I've continued to put up unicum cruiser numbers in the rework. Its not just bad cruiser players that realize its way off...Its mostly bad and oblivious players that think otherwise.

Low cruiser population *at high tier* has been an issue for years... AP potency since 0.7.0  (to current), is one of the many reasons people have left...

The skill itself ??Its the scapegoat... Even if the skill wasn't there, BBs would still rack up high DMG total without effort...

Again that is not the Cpt skills fault..

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
643 posts
9,253 battles
11 hours ago, SkaerKrow said:

Yes, BB players still decimate bad cruiser players. 

It's not even that. I just got complimented by a BB player for my dodging skills. Didn't stop him from taking half my HP in a single shot while bow-on to him. Yeah, they can decimate bad CA players, but this isn't the first time I've been pounded while bow or stern-on to a BB and had half my health vanish. And you should see the incoming dispersion now from the GKs!

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,755
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

The difference now is that even average and good players are being punished for anything but the most cautious of play. 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
276
[REKTD]
Members
533 posts
10,704 battles

The thing about Deadeye - long range - if you stay mobile in a cruiser and vary speed, they should still have a hard time, and in fact miss more as they have a tighter grouping? Anyone have experience kiting and still getting blapped?

This is a genuine question for those with more post-rework CA/CL games in, as I have only limited games (3) in post rework: 

  • My Mogami certainly did not have a great time, but there were 3 BBS on an aggressive flank push, and the 30k zapping hits were probably 12km range (5 mins in). I still was the last ship sunk, and sank a DD while dodging 3 BBs fire in the loss.
  • Anchorage and Mysore were unbeaten. Neither is particularly maneuverable but the back line BBs were still missing.

 

Edited by SuperComm4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
633
[WOLF2]
Members
1,654 posts
11,789 battles
1 hour ago, SuperComm4 said:

The thing about Deadeye - longe range - if you stay mobile in a cruiser and vary speed, they should still have a hard time, and in fact miss more as they have a tighter grouping? Anyone have experience kiting and still getting blapped?

This is a genuine question for those with more post-rework CA/CL games in, as I have only limited games (3) in post rework: 

  • My Mogami certainly did not have a great time, but there were 3 BBS on an aggressive flank push, and the 30k zapping hits were probably 12km range. I still was the last ship sunk, and sank a DD while dodging 3 BBs fire in the loss.
  • Anchorage and Mysore were unbeaten. Neither is particularly maneuverable but the back line BBs were still missing.

 

That's how I've set up my Henri.   Visual detection at around 20km.   Let's just say I'm spotted nearly all game.   Of course, I'm running the Top Grade Gunner and UU for decreased firing time.   I also added the Incoming Fire Alert.   Makes it really easy to see when those long range shots are coming in.   I slightly WASD, and return fire with 23km range.    It also exposes the red BBs and lets my DeadEye BBs fire at them.

As far as the overall impact to cruisers, it's still early.    It'd be a big meta adjustment if only DeadEye was added to the game.   Combine that with a total rework of all skills, and the cruiser mains are still trying to figure out the best set up for their ship, AND try to address avoiding the DeadEye rounds.    We're only a week in, and hopefully, there'll be some fleshing out of configs and tactics.    We'll see.

Edited by DiddleDum
  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
114
[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Members
190 posts
4,402 battles
1 hour ago, SuperComm4 said:

The thing about Deadeye - longe range - if you stay mobile in a cruiser and vary speed, they should still have a hard time, and in fact miss more as they have a tighter grouping? Anyone have experience kiting and still getting blapped?

This is a genuine question for those with more post-rework CA/CL games in, as I have only limited games (3) in post rework: 

  • My Mogami certainly did not have a great time, but there were 3 BBS on an aggressive flank push, and the 30k zapping hits were probably 12km range (5 mins in). I still was the last ship sunk, and sank a DD while dodging 3 BBs fire in the loss.
  • Anchorage and Mysore were unbeaten. Neither is particularly maneuverable but the back line BBs were still missing.

 

You can dodge individual volleys better...You wont get those weird outlier shells as much...but its not a 1v1 game...and overall your much more at risk until later in the game.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×