You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Sabot_100

Dazzle question

6 comments in this topic

[CVA16]
Members
6,083 posts
18,653 battles

Just wondering when the Dispersion penalty is applied. When the guns fire or when the shells land? Ships that fire from far away (like those Deadeye BBs) will have a good chunk of that 15 second window with shells in the air. Possibly landing after the 15 seconds.

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,664 posts
25,803 battles
3 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Just wondering when the Dispersion penalty is applied. When the guns fire or when the shells land? Ships that fire from far away (like those Deadeye BBs) will have a good chunk of that 15 second window with shells in the air. Possibly landing after the 15 seconds.

If I remember correctly, depression values you are applied when you fire and not when the shells are in the air. That's if I remember correctly.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,751 posts
4,272 battles
1 minute ago, Skuggsja said:

If I remember correctly, depression values you are applied when you fire and not when the shells are in the air. That's if I remember correctly.

I think that's right. Trajectories are set on firing. That way you can actually dodge shells as their path is set and doesn't change while in flight.

[CVA16]
Members
6,083 posts
18,653 battles
2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

That way you can actually dodge shells as their path is set and doesn't change while in flight.

Unless those shells are fired by a bot. Those sometimes seem to get inflight guidance. 

[CVA16]
Members
6,083 posts
18,653 battles

Thanks for the info. 

From my observations it seemed like my salvos go out and some shells seem to choose a different path just prior to landing. Guess I was mis-interpreting things.

[RLGN]
Members
15,491 posts
27,200 battles
1 hour ago, Sabot_100 said:

Unless those shells are fired by a bot. Those sometimes seem to get inflight guidance. 

Like when you see a far away bot fire, immediately start to maneuver, (especially in a destroyer,) and yet somehow the bot salvo is still perfectly centered across your ship?

Nah... That never happens.