You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HooplaJones

Super Testers bringing Test ships into random battles.

66 comments in this topic

[-REK-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
757 posts

While investing a lot of time and some real dollars us players grind through the lines to tier 10, during this progress we learn the capabilities of many enemy ships, then find we are up against a ship that we have little if no information on a test ship. Yes, I know there is a development blog that releases this information, however, how many people even know the blog exist? Not many

Today, our entire flank fled from the German aircraft carrier Max Immelmann, (Tier X) as lame as this sounds it happens, how can a Tester give reliable feedback when people run from an unknown threat?

Surely all damage can be tested in Co-Op play.  But the efficacy of a ship’s capability should be known to the general community.

While we all want more ships and understand they need to be tested, we do not want to be guinea pigs or fodder for these new ships.

How can a Super Tester report back on the ships ability if players playing against it know little or nothing of the new test ship’s capabilities? How can they react appropriately?  I see a lot of 60% win rates on these test ships.

Can we please post notice of the test ships on the actual website or as a sticky in the Game Center?  This would make it a little fairer notice to the community and you may get better feedback from the Super Testers.

• Haha 2
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 14

Members
692 posts
19,884 battles

There is so much wrong with the game at the moment, and yet you complain that it's WGs fault people don't read.

• Cool 4
  • Meh 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
25,020 posts
20,689 battles

OP assumes that the majority of people know the ins and outs of all ships in the game. This is comedic to me.

• Cool 9
  • Funny 2
  • Meh 3

[P-V-E]
Members
1,617 posts

damage cant be tested in co-op per se, as co-op game in the main don't last long enough, if CV damage was balance to coop, then CV's would need to do much more damage.

e.g. take a CV out in a few co-op games and see how much damage you do on average when there is half or all you team made up by players. 

people running from a new CV is just a people problem and not a CV testing problem per se.

Edited by b101uk
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,798 posts
9,859 battles
37 minutes ago, HooplaJones said:

Surely all damage can be tested in Co-Op play.  But the efficacy of a ship’s capability should be known to the general community..

So the efficacy that was known would be that of the ship in a Co-op environment.

How useful....

• Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,798 posts
9,859 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

OP assumes that the majority of people know the ins and outs of all ships in the game. This is comedic to me.

The funny thing is, OP talks about a CV.

There are no ins and outs lol. 

[PVE]
Members
10,869 posts
18,749 battles

So, we are complaining that something is, as it always has been now?

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,203 posts

I took on a Max Immelman not too long ago in battle while everyone fled. MEH....

Its almost easier to scare a whole kindergarden full of woobly twitching mental health medicine popping anxiety ridden room of fear than it is to witness a team of hardened Wows Gamers turn their sterns and go totally away from this new carrier at 20 miles and closing.

What they should be doing is opposite of fear... When I see a Carrier.. I GET PREDATORY. OOOO New Fire mission Surface bearing such a such and range not that far away. asap.

I hate to wonder what will happen to us when the blessed Russian Flattops show up in game a year from now or whenever.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,230 posts
12,066 battles

Really this is all you could come up with ?

Edited by clammboy

[RLGN]
Members
15,453 posts
27,160 battles

Who knows...

Been forever since I saw an ST ship anyway.

Max is the skip bomber?

[OO7]
229 posts
9,855 battles
1 hour ago, HooplaJones said:

I see a lot of 60% win rates on these test ships.

I'm very curious where you're getting this particular number from.  

[-KIA-]
Members
5,206 posts
14,025 battles
1 hour ago, HooplaJones said:

Can we please post notice of the test ships on the actual website or as a sticky in the Game Center?

Reading is hard apparently

image.thumb.png.5bd7ca9144cce0e518fcc0fe20dc6344.png

Previous patch

image.thumb.png.996d4eb586e736b68ea76c270bd78477.png

Patch before

image.thumb.png.23c67a0fd577553dd20775f41962a215.png

Edited by ValkyrWarframe
  • Funny 3

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,192 posts

Does max have the dam buster bombs? I'm looking forward to the, be like skipping stones yah? 

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
50 minutes ago, b101uk said:

damage cant be tested in co-op per se, as co-op game in the main don't last long enough, if CV damage was balance to coop, then CV's would need to do much more damage.

e.g. take a CV out in a few co-op games and see how much damage you do on average when there is half or all you team made up by players. 

people running from a new CV is just a people problem and not a CV testing problem per se.

A lot of damage from CVs is from hitting a single ship enough to use up DC, and then let it burn or flood, or both.

In Co-Op, in a lot of games, there's a lot of times you won't get a 2nd pass on a ship before it's dead, let alone enough to really hurt it.

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
Just now, Herr_Reitz said:

Does max have the dam buster bombs? I'm looking forward to the, be like skipping stones yah? 

More like skip bombing from a B-25 vs the IJN.  The dam buster bombs weighed are listed at 9250 pounds, 6000 pounds of which was explosive.  

I don't think even WG would be dropping those...well, at least not until the Soviet Kuznetsov class CVs come out.

[SIM]
Members
5,735 posts
9,263 battles

Game balance and testing is far more important than your comfort in a random battle. Don’t like it? Try co-op. 

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
352 posts
8,697 battles

I'm glad the ships are been tested before release on the live server or you can end up with ships like the Hakuryu that was totally unbalanced on release that was only tested vs bots and caused drastic rushed changes like the nerf to flooding to try balance them. It was a big nerf to dd's and its still in the nerfed state over a year later. More testing in real live games the better.

[-KIA-]
Members
5,206 posts
14,025 battles
6 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

image.thumb.png.10e9b65f54532f3bb559f5ffb76177d9.png

Does maple resemble this info, from the steamdb.info site? 

I'm talking ship averages, not player count.

[ABCD3]
Beta Testers
61 posts
2,714 battles

ANOTHER.................. SKY......................  CANCER.......................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
8,549 posts

Ships need to be tested in the waters (pun intended) that they are going to be played in.  Testing ships in real matches before release is a fantastic idea, practice and I fully support it. 

OP is wrong.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,727 posts
4,263 battles
28 minutes ago, ToxicSymphony said:

I'm very curious where you're getting this particular number from.  

Yeah me too, especially as there are no stats tracked for test ships (that players can see).

Test ships are put on the live server so WG can get an idea how they perform. Their stats are usually public by the time they are on live, so it's no different for most players than playing against a ship they don't have. It's actually better than it used to be, WG used to tell no one that ships were even being released, much less the stats. First you'd know of a new ship was if you spotted an ST playing one, and you'd have no idea what it could do. 

[OO7]
229 posts
9,855 battles
2 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

Test ships are put on the live server so WG can get an idea how they perform. Their stats are usually public by the time they are on live, so it's no different for most players than playing against a ship they don't have. It's actually better than it used to be, WG used to tell no one that ships were even being released, much less the stats. First you'd know of a new ship was if you spotted an ST playing one, and you'd have no idea what it could do. 

I mean you could go to whatever that .asia site was and see the datamines for them, but it was a far cry from the dev blogs now haha.  Everything's datamined about a test boat before its on the live server these days anyway.  The same is true for back then, the information was just harder to come by.  

[GWG]
Members
7,358 posts
14,119 battles

Whenever they do that, we should be refunded our flags and camo....

Totally blows when these 'unadjusted' OP sledge-hammers come into a battle and seal-club all us scrubs who have to play in -normal- ships.

• Boring 3
  • Meh 1