Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wargambler

21 points are not enough, change my mind.

33 comments in this topic

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles

4vl6mm.jpg

(semi) serious topic, I need at least 18 points more to feel properly equipped in some ships. Secondary bb captains of course will agree, but I think there are some dds and cruiser too that need 39+ captain skill points to perform correctly.

Edited by hateboat
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
12,420 posts
19,697 battles

If you add more captain pts... Its going to be extremely expensive...

This is not a grind type game but by adding more cpt points... Its going to resemble the competition.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Haha 1

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
6 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is not a grind game but by adding more cpt points... Its going to resemble the competition.

grind is good, besides I still have a few 19 pointers I can mash up for credits for elite captain xp/

as for a competition, outside coop it is a dog eat dog, or rather a seal eat seal, world. 

Members
2,025 posts
12,473 battles

I agree. I think 23 points at the same cost would be nice. WG would still get their grind wall and we'd have more freedom in builds.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
714 posts
31,037 battles
28 minutes ago, hateboat said:

4vl6mm.jpg

(semi) serious topic, I need at least 18 points more to feel properly equipped in some ships. Secondary bb captains of course will agree, but I think there are some dds and cruiser too that need 39+ captain skill points to perform correctly.

I thought you said this morning you weren’t going to troll the forum for 24 hours. Couldn’t help yourself? 

Edited by gillhunter
  • Thanks 1

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
3 minutes ago, gillhunter said:

I thought you said this morning you weren’t going to troll the forum for 24 hours. Couldn’t help yourself? 

this is serious!

besides it was a very long day that felt like 24 hrs/

Edited by hateboat

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
25 minutes ago, Rouxi said:

I agree. I think 23 points at the same cost would be nice. WG would still get their grind wall and we'd have more freedom in builds.

The issue is most glaring with bbs that need to spend 12 points on secondary and close range skills, sacrifice nearly all survivability skills, under the 21 pt cap. Yet Deadeye sniper builds,  only spend 4 points on the Deadeye skill, and can freely spend remaining points on stuff that keeps them safe from fires and floods. That is lopsided.

Cruisers that invest in dpm skills, at tier 6, can see themselves left with 16km+ concealment rating, (unable to afford the conealement skill; which is insane on the small maps tier 5 and 6 commonly see.

Edited by hateboat

Members
502 posts
20 battles

I think the point is that if they design the system well, that you should always feel you don't have enough points to get everything you want. 

The concept being that you use the limited points you have available to get the skills that most benefit the way you personally want to play the ship, and that help your own strengths as a player.  If you could just get everything that was a buff, there wouldn't actually be any customisation, and there would be no point having the captain skill trees at all, as they could just bake that power into the ships themselves.

• Cool 3

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
10 minutes ago, Moggytwo said:

I think the point is that if they design the system well, that you should always feel you don't have enough points to get everything you want. 

The concept being that you use the limited points you have available to get the skills that most benefit the way you personally want to play the ship, and that help your own strengths as a player.  If you could just get everything that was a buff, there wouldn't actually be any customisation, and there would be no point having the captain skill trees at all, as they could just bake that power into the ships themselves.

but are all build types, (sniper, dpm, brawler,  utility, for example)treated equally in terms of skill cost and survivability tradeoff? While my RN heavy cruisers are fine with 15 points, my 21 point secondary spec Bismarck with 4 x fires and a flood underway, is at a loss with 19pts, my sniper Musashi is laughing at the back of the map sniping with a survivability build which is crazy IMO, a build that can happily be achieved with 15 points/

Edited by hateboat

[CVA16]
Members
6,047 posts
18,594 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is not a grind game but

Wait...what game do you think we are discussing?  :Smile_trollface:

[WORX]
Members
12,420 posts
19,697 battles
2 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

Wait...what game do you think we are discussing?  :Smile_trollface:

This one or the competition ?

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,219 posts

I am getting to where it might be better not to have a captain at all if you have less than a 15 pt capatian. One of my ships could not land rounds on target. However the guns do work at a friendly BB 2 feet from the edge of the railing. He wont be doing that again unfortunately.

I am reminded of the then new nerf toys back in the early 70's A gym full of it at the state school. 80 of us waling on each other with the damn things. After about around 20 minutes we are along he wall working on catching out breath. It was a very high physical expenditure wtih the toys that cannot hurt. And so we got exhausted.

I am not kidding when they rounded up those toys, stuck them in the storage bin and cart it off the property in the van. That was the last we saw of it. Apparently one of the rubber balls was not a nerf version but a super bounce one. someone "Fired it" and hit another kid in the eyeball front. Busted his orbital bone and trashed the cornea along with the retina etc. Despite the limitations of technology then the kid di well. However having a gym full of people engaged in a activity is something that goes sideways at times.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,570 posts
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

This is not a grind game but by adding more cpt points... Its going to resemble the competition.

I have no idea how this isn't a grinding game.  Grinding down ship lines is pretty much the heart of the game.

[WORX]
Members
12,420 posts
19,697 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I have no idea how this isn't a grinding game.  Grinding down ship lines is pretty much the heart of the game.

Now with the current patch, I can understand your position...

Before this patch, it wasn't that bad... Now with the new machnisms in place... Its going to get worse. A lot more grind then ever before

Members
1,449 posts
1 hour ago, hateboat said:

4vl6mm.jpg

vBn7Q1d.gif

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
6,536 posts
5,215 battles
1 hour ago, hateboat said:

4vl6mm.jpg

So you are asking for them to raise the skill cap... don't worry, give them another year and the cap will rise to 23 for another 2.3 million CXP. 

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
26 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Before this patch, it wasn't that bad... Now with the new machnisms in place... Its going to get worse. A lot more grind then ever before

Yeah, but this game is still kindergarten of grinding compared to the other Russian game.  You could grind all the BBs before you could get to the F-4E just in the air tree...

[WORX]
Members
12,420 posts
19,697 battles
2 minutes ago, Kesh_Lives said:

Yeah, but this game is still kindergarten of grinding compared to the other Russian game.  You could grind all the BBs before you could get to the F-4E just in the air tree...

Shhhhh! they do notice :Smile_hiding:.

We dont want more grind...

[A-D-F]
8,570 posts
34 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Grinding for rewards has always been a core mechanic of this game.   From XP to credits, working toward the dockyard ship, finishing the mission to get the premium camo, getting your dailys done for coal or clicking that battle button again to see if you can get more steel out of clan battles.

I mean sure some people do play matches....just to say, yay I won, but the real reason most people play, is to get more of the stuff they want.  That IS grinding, in a video game.

[-Y-]
Members
843 posts
61 battles
Just now, ArIskandir said:

So you are asking for them to raise the skill cap... don't worry, give them another year and the cap will rise to 23 for another 2.3 million CXP. 

They are predictable, at least/

I just feel that some ships and certain popular playstyles are favoured by this rework, while others have been priced out, or made unplayable by the way some skills are spread across 4 different perks, while others are based on just one.  Some ship skill trees can only be built one particular way, and only require a smallish number of points to achieve a sactisfactory state, while others are open to a plethora of viable possibilities that are starved of potential at 21 points. Just compare the skill cost across different builds/playstyles and ships.

[WORX]
Members
12,420 posts
19,697 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

Grinding for rewards has always been a core mechanic of this game.   From XP to credits, working toward the dockyard ship, finishing the mission to get the premium camo, getting your dailys done for coal or clicking that battle button again to see if you can get more steel out of clan battles.

I mean sure some people do play matches....just to say, yay I won, but the real reason most people play, is to get more of the stuff they want.  That IS grinding, in a video game.

If you want a 21pt captain... its going to be costly... Its going to be as bad or worse, as WOWP.

[A-D-F]
8,570 posts
Just now, Navalpride33 said:

If you want a 21pt captain... its going to be costly... Its going to be as bad or worse, as WOWP.

I didn't say getting a 21pt captain isn't a grind.  It for sure is.

You said this game is not a grind....or wasn't a grind before this patch.  I don't think we have been playing the same video game.

[WORX]
Members
12,420 posts
19,697 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

I didn't say getting a 21pt captain isn't a grind.  It for sure is.

You said this game is not a grind....or wasn't a grind before this patch.  I don't think we have been playing the same video game.

For the Captain pts it was not since that was the topic at hand...

Now for the other aspects of the game... Lets not give WG any ideas :Smile_veryhappy:

[A-D-F]
8,570 posts
3 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

For the Captain pts it was not since that was the topic at hand...

Now for the other aspects of the game... Lets not give WG any ideas :Smile_veryhappy:

Of course 19pt captains were a grind.  Shorter than 21, but it's not like we all started out with 19pt captains or they were handed to us when we got our first T10 unlocked.  We played hundreds, maybe thousands of games with those captains to get them to 19pts.

I think you are forgetting that you have played this video game, 19,230 times.

[WORX]
Members
12,420 posts
19,697 battles
8 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I think you are forgetting that you have played this video game, 19,230 times. 

I dont forget, however, the indifference to those that are starting out, compared to when we started... Its more pronounced with the new captain pts changes... 

Even with the change of new captains in reserve will start out at 10pts... The grind or the mountain to climb is steeper for them then with us...

I just dont like the road of more grind... Its a bit unsettling of a trend. At least I am not in favor of it..

Edited by Navalpride33

Sign in to follow this