Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RightWingDeathSquats

Are the key bindings for Select Priority AA Sector resetting every time you close the game for anybody else?

7 comments in this topic

Members
6 posts
4,923 battles

I took a break from the game and came back recently and I honestly thought that the Select Priority AA Sector feature had been removed from the game because my key binding for it wasn't working anymore. After my game was over, I went into the Control settings to check and saw that my key binding of "`" (the button just to the left of the "1" key) had been reset to the default key of "O". "Whatever", I thought. "They must have reset my key bindings during my break from the game. I'll just change it back to my preferences and never have to worry about it again." Except that it keeps resetting to the default "O" key every single time that I close and relaunch the game.

What gives? Why won't the game remember my key binding for that specific ability? I mostly play the Shimakaze and Lyon, if that makes a difference. 

[PVE]
Members
7,579 posts
23,591 battles
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I don't rebind them; I just use '`'.  But @Lord_Zath does.

Think he's saying that the ` symbol isn't working for him & he keeps needing to use the 0 key...they both work for me so not sure what's happening w/his system.

[PVE]
Members
7,579 posts
23,591 battles
16 minutes ago, RightWingDeathSquats said:

I took a break from the game and came back recently and I honestly thought that the Select Priority AA Sector feature had been removed from the game because my key binding for it wasn't working anymore. After my game was over, I went into the Control settings to check and saw that my key binding of "`" (the button just to the left of the "1" key) had been reset to the default key of "O". "Whatever", I thought. "They must have reset my key bindings during my break from the game. I'll just change it back to my preferences and never have to worry about it again." Except that it keeps resetting to the default "O" key every single time that I close and relaunch the game.

What gives? Why won't the game remember my key binding for that specific ability? I mostly play the Shimakaze and Lyon, if that makes a difference. 

You shouldn't need to bind that key to AA...it & the 0 key are both default settings for AA...unless there was a change announced that I missed.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,559 posts
4,771 battles
18 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

You shouldn't need to bind that key to AA...it & the 0 key are both default settings for AA...unless there was a change announced that I missed.

Correct.  No re-binding is needed.  OP, is the button to the left of 1 not working when you don't rebind?

Members
6 posts
4,923 battles
40 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Correct.  No re-binding is needed.  OP, is the button to the left of 1 not working when you don't rebind?

Correct. Every time I restart the game my key binding for AA sector gets reset to O. I always click "Apply" by the way after I change my key binding to `.

Members
2,289 posts
52 battles
1 hour ago, RightWingDeathSquats said:

Why won't the game remember my key binding for that specific ability?

Check if the file "preferences.xml" in your WoWs install folder is set to read-only. If it is, uncheck it.

Sign in to follow this