You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Systemlord_1

Horrible match making!

61 comments in this topic

Members
97 posts
7,781 battles

I have about had it with this games match making, I have been on the losing team for 10 consecutive games in a row and I'm always the top earner of the team and seems like the teams are stacked. I'm always put on a very passive team that hides behind islands while the red team is taking all the bases and it seems none on my team knows how to play, yet the other team seems to have players that know what to do and I don't know how much more of this I can take. It's difficult to unwind and have fun when you lose so many times on a row.

If the matchmaking isn't fixed in a timely manner, I'm done for good!

Edited by Systemlord_1
  • Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
12,543 posts
19,756 battles
4 minutes ago, Systemlord_1 said:

I have about had it with this games match making, I have been on the losing team for 10 consecutive games in a row and I'm always the top earner of the team and seems like the teams are stacked. I'm always put on a very passive team that hides behind islands while the red team is taking all the bases and it seems none on my team knows how to play, yet the other team seems to have players that know what to do and I don't know how much more of this I can take. 

If the match making isn't fixed in a timely manner, I'm done for good!

Bye take care... If you can't adapt or ask for help from us (the forum players)... Then your departure will be good for your well-being...

I wish you well OP... This game is not for everyone..

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[FEM]
Members
2,107 posts
17,376 battles

Matchmaking us random. You had a bad day with luck, you'll be fine

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,729 posts
14,874 battles
4 minutes ago, Kebobs22 said:

Matchmaking us random. You had a bad day with luck, you'll be fine

This, streaks happen they come and they go both good and bad.

[PVE]
Members
7,633 posts
23,635 battles

PSA...if you keep your clothes on you will have less chance of streaking.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[SALVO]
Members
26,056 posts
28,834 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

PSA...if you keep your close on you will have less chance of getting into streaks.

Huh?

[PVE]
Members
7,633 posts
23,635 battles
11 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Huh?

Sorry...worded it wrong...edited for easier clarification.

[CRF]
Members
961 posts
8,944 battles
20 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Huh?

8 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Sorry...worded it wrong...edited for easier clarification.

I think he meant - "if he keeps his clothes on..."

But yea - MM can use a lot of work - but I certainly don't have a solution.  I've watched a lot of streamers, and sometimes (tho rarely), the games are pretty tight until the end.  Most of the time, I just see one side blow out the other. At this point, there may be a bunch of people trying to blow off snowflakes, but I am not sure why they would do that in random rather than co-op.  I have also seen some pretty bad teams in coop losing to the bots pretty badly - which is just sad....

• Thanks 2

[PVE]
Members
7,633 posts
23,635 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Ignore...meant to edit & accidently quoted.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PVE]
Members
7,633 posts
23,635 battles
11 minutes ago, sonoasailor said:

I think he meant - "if he keeps his clothes on..."

But yea - MM can use a lot of work - but I certainly don't have a solution.  I've watched a lot of streamers, and sometimes (tho rarely), the games are pretty tight until the end.  Most of the time, I just see one side blow out the other. At this point, there may be a bunch of people trying to blow off snowflakes, but I am not sure why they would do that in random rather than co-op.  I have also seen some pretty bad teams in coop losing to the bots pretty badly - which is just sad....

Thanx...spell checker got me w/that 1... didn't even notice it... 😣 

I've been knocking off flakes in random/ranked so I can get my 3 containers for the day (hard to do just running co-op on a limited time schedule for playing)...but only w/ships that have 19 points for ranked & at least 14 for random...at least in the higher tiers...have gone 10 pointers in the T5s & 6s.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
3,990 posts
43,650 battles
2 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

PSA...if you keep your clothes on you will have less chance of streaking.

This is very much true if you lay off the Sangrias. 

• Meh 2

Members
3,990 posts
43,650 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

This, streaks happen they come and they go both good and bad.

"Let's go Streaking!" "I took the Restrictor plate off the Colorado's engine, I can get 23 knots now, I am getting dizzy from the speed. I only had G-Lock 3 times.  I hope WG doesn't find out." 

"How do you keep your hamsters motivated to move so fast for your ship speed?"

"That is easy, I feed them coffee and hamster."

"These bot German GK's are really deadly!"

"Could it be their Germans are better than our Germans?"

WG: "Nyet, we don't use Germans. We use Toasters." 

GK's after the new captain skills and secondaries change: *Sings..."Torpedoes Hurrrtttt! DDs hurrrtttt! Everything Hurrrrtsss! We lost Kurrrrt!"

"Oh madah pleeze, get me better secondaries! I am tired of DDs popping their cherries!"

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[WG]
Administrator, Developers
1,789 posts
10,852 battles

Alright skippers,

This post belongs in the General Discussion as it appears to be feedback about the match-making system and not about a Support related issue.

#anchorsaweigh

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,240 posts
12,104 battles
2 hours ago, Systemlord_1 said:

I have about had it with this games match making, I have been on the losing team for 10 consecutive games in a row and I'm always the top earner of the team and seems like the teams are stacked. I'm always put on a very passive team that hides behind islands while the red team is taking all the bases and it seems none on my team knows how to play, yet the other team seems to have players that know what to do and I don't know how much more of this I can take. It's difficult to unwind and have fun when you lose so many times on a row.

Yea I can understand that it seems like its 15 bad games followed by 15 good games . The other night I was playing game after game and I couldn't even get to 30k damage because the team was so good they killed everything that moved . I won like 7 out of 10 games .

Then I play and get 110 k damage and it's a blow out loss game after game . Honestly this bothers me more than any rework . It's really hard to play these protracted losing streaks followed by the inevitable win streaks . It seems like there almost scripted .

[SALVO]
Members
3,024 posts
7,027 battles
3 hours ago, Systemlord_1 said:

Quite frankly it seems like your complaint is unwarranted.  You made out quite well at the end of the day won 15 out of 28 games giving a 53% WR over the last 2 days which ended up giving you a .03 % boost to your overall. Mind your PR is also up quite decent indicating that yes you have absolutely been playing well. You also had a good contribution to kills and a number of your wins must have absolutely been due to your contribution.   After you made your post you must have won most of your games.

Overall I would suggest to you if you aren't feeling on top of your game if you face a loosing streak just back off and do something else.

Of course we could go conspiracy theory here and say Hapa saw your complaint so he fixed your MM.  

• Haha 1

Members
97 posts
7,781 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 12:10 PM, Kebobs22 said:

Matchmaking us random.

Computers can't do random, the CPU must make a choice therefore it's intentional, something self driving cars will need to address. An example would be a self driving car encounters a malfunction of sorts and ahead is hundreds of people gathering at an event, swerve to the right and old lady's are present crossing the street, to the left children are playing. The CPU has to make a choice and this has legal and ethical ramifications.

Yesterday I won consistently, today my team is losing consistently. I notice a lot of consistently in this game, map repeats, map rotation repeats all day and is tough to break out of this cycle. There is no random where computers are concerned. 

On 1/27/2021 at 3:18 PM, eviltane said:

You made out quite well at the end of the day won 15 out of 28 games giving a 53% WR over the last 2 days which ended up giving you a .03 % boost to your overall. Mind your PR is also up quite decent indicating that yes you have absolutely been playing well. You also had a good contribution to kills and a number of your wins must have absolutely been due to your contribution.   After you made your post you must have won most of your games.

I have had some major health problems these last few years and treatment is starting to work, some days are ok, other days are spectacular, this is why you are seeing improvement in my play. It would be nice is the teams were more closely matched according to stats though.

I would love to know did you look up this info?

Edited by Systemlord_1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,623 posts
10,762 battles
2 minutes ago, Systemlord_1 said:

He's secretly a wargamming employee.

Members
97 posts
7,781 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 3:07 PM, clammboy said:

It's really hard to play these protracted losing streaks followed by the inevitable win streaks

This will lead to players logging off decreasing the playerbase, I mean I don't know who would want to continue to lose every match played dozens of times in a row. 

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,594 posts
4,771 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 1:55 PM, Systemlord_1 said:

712247969_thisthreadagain.jpg.c663f1d1d60c2365c9bd8366fb9cd4bd.jpg  Why do I bother to open them?

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
2,306 posts
2 hours ago, Systemlord_1 said:

Computers can't do random, the CPU must make a choice therefore it's intentional, something self driving cars will need to address. An example would be a self driving car encounters a malfunction of sorts and ahead is hundreds of people gathering at an event, swerve to the right and old lady's are present crossing the street, to the left children are playing. The CPU has to make a choice and this has legal and ethical ramifications.

Yesterday I won consistently, today my team is losing consistently. I notice a lot of consistently in this game, map repeats, map rotation repeats all day and is tough to break out of this cycle. There is no random where computers are concerned. 

I have had some major health problems these last few years and treatment is starting to work, some days are ok, other days are spectacular, this is why you are seeing improvement in my play. It would be nice is the teams were more closely matched according to stats though.

Thats why we have truckers. Humans capable of resolving impossible situations.

Choice A Kill someone... Choice B still kill someone (Else...) what is choice C? Well you will figure it out. Hurry up, times getting short.

The legalese and ethics etc all that does not apply if no one got hit and the company boss does not hear about it. It literally did not happen. However. Do not break the 18 wheeler. Or you will definately HEAR about it from angry Boss "What didja Do to my truck?" (Never mind the human driver he hired...)

Edited by xHeavy

[FEM]
Members
2,107 posts
17,376 battles
11 hours ago, Systemlord_1 said:

This is COMPLETELY unrelated. Matchmaking is decided by a random number generator aka RNG. It balances purely off tiers, ship type, and nation. RNG decides if player A goes to team 1 or team 2, and player B goes to the other. This is NOT the same as reactionary AI in a self driving car

Edited by Kebobs22

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
On 1/27/2021 at 11:55 AM, Systemlord_1 said:

Errr... what are you proposing? A skill based MM? That sound strangely familiar. Well OK how would you do it? Win rate, PR, average XP? What ranges or how many skill levels are you thinking?

Would that even solve the problem? Is there actually a problem to solve? What statistics would you use to answer that question. What would the threshold be for the number of blow outs that would not be acceptable say as a percentage...10%...25%.... what you choose?

WG has the global stats on blowouts just in case you were curious. 

Members
3,199 posts
591 battles
19 hours ago, Systemlord_1 said:

how is it YOU win, but THE TEAM loses....
yer funny