You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Burnsy

Were armory stats removed on purpose?

10 comments in this topic

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,621 posts

I really liked the feature of the show in port button in the armory, that allowed us to directly look at a ships stats.  It was better than having to tab out and go look at the wiki.  Was this removed on purpose or is it a bug?

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,566 posts
4,771 battles

@Hapa_Fodder 

Yeah, especially since most of the stats are now missing from the wiki.  (I have no clue why.)

Did it ever show them?  It should.

Edited by iDuckman

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,494 posts
14,979 battles
30 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I really liked the feature of the show in port button in the armory, that allowed us to directly look at a ships stats.  It was better than having to tab out and go look at the wiki.  Was this removed on purpose or is it a bug?

This is a known issue, we're working to restore it.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 4

[REVY]
Members
8,261 posts
6,118 battles

Anyone else get the sinking feeling this game is somehow devolving back into some kind of beta?

• Cool 3

[A-D-F]
8,621 posts
53 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

This is a known issue, we're working to restore it.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Awesome, thanks for the info!

[A-D-F]
8,621 posts
55 minutes ago, Sventex said:

Anyone else get the sinking feeling this game is somehow devolving back into some kind of beta?

No not really.   Sometimes unintended stuff happens when you change code.  It's all fixable, but updates have deadlines and even the best programmers can't stop time.

It is possible that it was causing errors with the new version, they knew it but they needed to get the update out on time. So they just disabled that feature and put fixing it, on the list for the next update. 

It's not a big deal in the big picture, but it's a cool addition and I am glad to hear that it will be back.

Members
3,974 posts
43,533 battles
1 hour ago, Sventex said:

If it went beta, that would be funny. I remember beta. Beta was very interesting. Some don't know beta. They are players born after beta. I refer to them as +1, +2, +3, +4, or +5 BGE. (Beta Game Era)

The Alpha players are just ancients that are only remembered by telling their exploits in camping stories while camping your cruiser behind an island in a Randoms match to pass the time in a match.

When story gives way to legend, then legend gives way to myth, then you only remember the Alphas as Ghosts of Warship's Dark Ages. They pass through the night firing torpedoes at your ship and laughing because you can't see them. 

Most of them are still around. They opened surf shops around the map islands and have the Mermaids serve drinks, baked potatoes, Chicken wings, and Steak. Beer is offered, sometimes mead, Scotch whiskey, Irish Whiskey, Kentucky Bourbon, Tennessee Whiskey, Rum in various brands, Tequila in various Brands, Vodka in various Russian brands, Dr Pepper, Coca Cola, Pepsi for the kids, and I guess coffee. They even have a Pokemon romper room for the kids and a Sailor Moon gift shop. There are a few British Alphas that even have Daleks serve drinks and the occasional Time Lord pops in. 

Most Alphas around various nations do unusual things. But don't ever ask them about Kitakami. They are very heartbroken about not keeping her. You will see tears in their eyes and a sad voice that follows. 

It was like tearing a child away from them and never seeing it ever again. 

• Funny 4

[LOU1]
Members
4,248 posts
12,691 battles
5 hours ago, Sventex said:

The "0" at the start of the update signifies that it is still not at final release (0.10.1) - that is a software development tradition.  If you watch the early Developer Diaries you will see that WOWS decided to involve the players in development of the game.  In fact, that was one of the things that attracted me to the game in the first place.  I think it was eight years before WOT got to 1.0.

Here's a good one (I have watched all of them):

[WOLF1]
Members
6,041 posts
4 hours ago, Burnsy said:

No not really.   Sometimes unintended stuff happens when you change code.  It's all fixable, but updates have deadlines and even the best programmers can't stop time.

It is possible that it was causing errors with the new version, they knew it but they needed to get the update out on time. So they just disabled that feature and put fixing it, on the list for the next update. 

It's not a big deal in the big picture, but it's a cool addition and I am glad to hear that it will be back.

Yeah, I've seen some real doozies in other games. 

Anyone familiar with World of Warcraft, in 1.x?  There was a bug where you could target something out of range, but visible, and arcane missiles could hit it.  We wiped the raid in old ZG one night.  We were working on the 1st or 2nd boss, but Hakkar was visible, and Ace, my mage friend, hit Hakkar from across the map with arcane missile.  We got swarmed under by about 200 trolls...

Another one, same game, as a Warlock, you could cast Damage over Time spells on enemies...*while dead*.  

So, yeah, that's why I don't really flip out over a few bugs here and there...

The one posted in this thread is really minor compared to that.  Wouldn't you love to shoot HE at ships across the map when sunk/sinking?  That's a bug...

Edited by Kesh_Lives

[HTDGS]
Members
502 posts
11,246 battles
19 hours ago, Burnsy said:

Especially when your spaghetti code is written in Cyrillic and run through Google Translate....