You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
paradat

Help pick my next coal ship

33 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles

So sneaking up on my next coal ship and I really am not that excited about my choices.

So down to:

Neustrashimy

Marceau

Z-44

Flint

Any opinions or recommendations? 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,206 posts
22,715 battles
3 minutes ago, paradat said:

So sneaking up on my next coal ship and I really am not that excited about my choices.

So down to:

Neustrashimy

Marceau

Z-44

Flint

Flint for Narai! A money maker in every sense of the word. I have the others but don't play them much - not even in Coop.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
1 minute ago, Khafni said:

Flint for Narai! A money maker in every sense of the word. I have the others but don't play them much - not even in Coop.

Hmm that is interesting. I do not play operations very much. Maybe that would be a good way to jump into them.

[PISD]
Members
1,818 posts
6,025 battles

Only one coal ship should be taken:

11E7F383-FEA7-45A9-9CE7-32C60B40834C.jpeg

• Funny 3
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,206 posts
22,715 battles
6 minutes ago, paradat said:

Hmm that is interesting. I do not play operations very much. Maybe that would be a good way to jump into them.

Fly all them economic flags and rake in the credits, Free XP, and ECXP. The rewards were nerfed a couple of patches back but Narai, if played well, can still bring better than most Random and Ranked battles because you can easily accrue so much damage.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
1 minute ago, Khafni said:

Fly all them economic flags and rake in the credits, Free XP, and ECXP. The rewards were nerfed a couple of patches back but Narai, if played well, can still bring better than most Random and Ranked battles because you can easily accrue so much damage.

Do you still earn more in OP's when you factor in the time? How long does the average OP take?

[CO-OP]
Members
2,665 posts
27,819 battles
9 minutes ago, Khafni said:

Atlanta would be a better option given built-in range buff, but Flint can certainly kill things quickly.  

To the OP, I wouldn't recommend Flint if you already have Atlanta.  Of the destroyers, Neustashimy would be my choice.

[SBS]
Members
6,236 posts
33 minutes ago, paradat said:

Do you still earn more in OP's when you factor in the time? How long does the average OP take?

Narai is around 15 minutes in almost all cases.  I'd guess that is a little longer than the average random match.  The nice thing about Narai is that its fun because once you know the op it can be a reliable source to farm, but still with enough challenge to keep things interesting, that will keep you farming for a while.  I'd also agree with Hampton that the Atlanta is probably better than Flint now.  If Flint gets the range buff than it is a bit better with its longer ranged torps and the smoke if you end up needing it in an emergency.

Edited by Slimeball91

Members
1,126 posts
1,595 battles
13 minutes ago, Karstodes said:

Only one coal ship should be taken:

NO. NOT THAT ONE! :etc_swear: HIRMS Kamchatka and all who sailed on her.

4 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Cambletown.

Campbeltown*, and the OP said

26 minutes ago, paradat said:

So down to:

which means he's already got it.

• Cool 1

[RCNW6]
Members
425 posts
25 minutes ago, paradat said:

IMHO Flint is a blast for straight up CoOP as well as Narai; rush in, smoke up and set everything in sight on fire, torp anything that doesn't burn. :Smile_izmena:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
11 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

Narai is around 15 minutes in almost all cases.  I'd guess that is a little longer than the average random match.  The nice thing about Narai is that its fun because once you know the op it can be a reliable source to farm, but still with enough challenge to keep things interesting enough to keep farming enough to make it worth your while.  I'd also agree with Hampton that the Atlanta is probably better than Flint now.  If Flint gets the range buff than it is a bit better with its longer ranged torps and the smoke if you end up needing it in an emergency.

Hmm... OK I really need to check out ops.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
5 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

Use your coal for signal flags.

Rather use credits. I have no credit issues lol.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
3 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

I get it I do, but with the choices your left with signals are an option.

Lol that is true.

Maybe wait for the next coal ship.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,622 posts
4 minutes ago, Nikolay_Kuznetsov_ said:

I get it I do, but with the choices your left with signals are an option.

I kinda want Neustrashimy

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I kinda want Neustrashimy

Yeah that i what I was leaning toward. Focus on Trops.

[A-D-F]
8,622 posts
Just now, paradat said:

Yeah that i what I was leaning toward. Focus on Trops.

Yep...same plan. :Smile_teethhappy:

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

Yep...same plan. :Smile_teethhappy:

It is also by a large margin the most expensive. So maybe just get it out of the way. But I like what I have heard with the idea of Flint.

[SALVO]
Members
3,005 posts
7,021 battles
56 minutes ago, paradat said:

So down to:

Neustrashimy

Marceau

Z-44

Flint

Unless you want to break into gunboats based on your history and love of torp boats (peaked at your stats) , you might enjoy Neustrashimy  the most.  IF you do want to do a bunch of open water gunnery  then the Marceau  is a must have IMO. 

Only drawback with the Neustrashimy is that there wouldn't be a tech tree boat the same captain can go into. Though ofcourse with the new skill trees you can move one in from a different line of ships.

Edited by eviltane

[A-D-F]
8,622 posts
6 minutes ago, paradat said:

It is also by a large margin the most expensive. So maybe just get it out of the way. But I like what I have heard with the idea of Flint.

I don't have flint....or atlanta...somehow, but OPs really is great resource.  I grind all lines T6-7 in operations only.  Outside of that, they are fantastic FXP/CXP because it is very often a win and much more XP than coop.

Once you really learn them, you will be able to figure out how to squeeze every single XP out of them on a ship by ship basis, because in many cases, you know exactly what is spawning next, when, which direction it will be facing etc.  So you can stack on all your best flags and camos, and know it's going to pay out.  At least a lot better chances of a win than random anyway.

While I don't have flint, I know people like it a lot for doing the transports in Narai, which is some of the best XP in that operation.  You don't "need" flint or atlanta to do it all, nearly any cruiser will do, but premium ships and all that.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,335 posts
17,511 battles
Just now, eviltane said:

Unless you want to break into gunboats based on your history, you might enjoy Neustrashimy  the most.  IF you do want to do a bunch of open water gunnery  then the Marceau  is a must have IMO. 

Yeah I do play everything but I think I enjoy the torp boats the most. They feel like what the original DD concept was meant to be. 

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,206 posts
22,715 battles
37 minutes ago, paradat said:

Most Ops run the full length of time - and usually more than 15 minutes. I can see where you might get two ranked battles in for one Op and accrue more "stuff" if you did the same level of damage. @HamptonRoads and @Slimeball91 are right that Atlanta may be the better ship after the skills rework.

Good luck with your choice!